Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 06:09 PM   #16
roxy84
Mouseketeer

Sailed the Dream early December and had no problems with Vegetarian food (Also ate at Palos and Remy's with no problems). You can go to the disney cruise line website and under the Disney Dream look at Dining at they have sample menus. Honestly I never felt hungry - had a lot of food - and I think the best thing was trying new foods that I wouldn't have done otherwise.

Some of my favourite food were:
Animators Palate: Black Truffle Pasta Pursuits
(Pasta Purse filled with Truffle scented Cheese and coated with a delicate Champagne Sauce), Creamy Butternut Squash Soup

Enchanted Garden (didn't eat here as we had Remy's) Also didn't have the pirate menu as we were at Palos (I HATE the pirate menu from previous sailings)

Royal Palace: Royal Market Green Salad
(Cherry Tomato, Cucumbers, Peppered Goat Cheese and a Raspberry Vinaigrette) and Pan seared Tofu, (Roasted Zucchini, Eggplant and Red Peppers on Israeli Couscous with a Lime-Cilantro Drop) Tahitian Vanilla Crème Brûlée!!!

Palos - EVERYTHING! The Antipasti selection (aged parmesan, roasted red peppers, Balsamic vinegar), Grilled Portobello Mushroom and Polenta with a Roasted Shallot Sauce and a Parmesan Crisp and of course the chocolate souffle!

Remy's - I had a personalized vegetarian menu (that I have somewhere). Not everything was my personal taste of food but it was an amazing overall experience.

Also I really like the veggie burgers (the same old Disney ones), and always had access to a lot of fruit and other goodies at cabanas and on deck 11. Now I'm super hungry...
roxy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #17
Planbee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee slack View Post
Do they use vegetarian cheese? Also, do they use vegetable stock for non-meat soups? I guess tho' after 30+ years of not eating meat I'm probably better not knowing sometimes?
I'm pretty sure the servers on the Dream told me that the savory soups had chicken or beef stock. Soup was never an option when we went over the menu for what I could eat. (I think the fruit soups are OK for vegetarians, but they do contain dairy.)
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #18
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee slack
Do they use vegetarian cheese? Also, do they use vegetable stock for non-meat soups? I guess tho' after 30+ years of not eating meat I'm probably better not knowing sometimes?
On every cruise I request Vegetarian French Onion soup (with cheese) and they make it specially. It's amazing!
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:09 PM   #19
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

I was less than impressed with the vegetarian options on the Magic, and not overly thrilled with the choices on the Dream. Yes, there are multiple options...but only one entree option, and typically mushroom heavy. The others are soup/salad, and appetizer. We ended up ordering vegetables (listed as accompaniments to the carnivore entrees) several nights when on the Magic.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:34 AM   #20
Bunless
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoxieandPixie View Post
I did not like the black bean patty dish though. .
If you are referring to the black bean patties on pirate night... good god, that has to be one of the worst vegetarian (strike that, ANY) dishes that I have ever had. The description sounds so good, but it is dry and flavorless. I could not eat more than three bites.

December '06 Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=93883
Fall '07 Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1617056
February '08 Wilderness Lodge http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=93883
January '09 Disneyland http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2075224
February/March '09 Grand Californian http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2134228
October 2009 Grand Californian, January 2010 Eastern Caribbean/Vero Beach, February 2011 Old Key West, October 2011 Food and Wine/Old Key West, February 2012 Aulani, July 2012 Alaska Cruise,
December 2012 Saratoga Springs, February 2013, Saratoga Springs, July 2013 Mediterranean Cruise
Bunless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:52 AM   #21
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee slack View Post
Disney doesn't put meat stock into a soup they say is vegetarian.

As for cheeses, I don't know, but if I'm dining out I just don't think about it. I haven't been able to go vegan, so I just deal by ignoring. At home, of course, I read ingredients; so I just live as though the chefs are reading ingredients to that extent as well.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #22
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Disney doesn't put meat stock into a soup they say is vegetarian.

As for cheeses, I don't know, but if I'm dining out I just don't think about it. I haven't been able to go vegan, so I just deal by ignoring. At home, of course, I read ingredients; so I just live as though the chefs are reading ingredients to that extent as well.
I think this is a wise way to go. I also rely on the chefs knowing what they're putting in the veggie dishes!

Having meat stock won't kill me if I don't know about it .. morally it may, but physically, it won't. I'd prefer to know it's not in there, but I go with the thought of if it's got a V by the side of it, they've made it without meat stock.

I love mushrooms luckily so tend to have mushroom this, mushroom that then mushroom this again!
Last cruise, they offered to make me a mushroom lasagne .. it had 2 mushrooms in it and a ton of aubergine ... eggplant for you guys! yuk yuk
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: