Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 07:08 AM   #2746
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict
ANyone just back that had a bounceback offer in room for April?

thanks
I don't know what the offer is. But wanted to point out that mousekeeping no longer leaves the bounce back offers in the room. If there is one, it will be in the packet you get when you check in. Some people have reported not seeing it until they got home and missing out.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #2747
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
I don't know what the offer is. But wanted to point out that mousekeeping no longer leaves the bounce back offers in the room. If there is one, it will be in the packet you get when you check in. Some people have reported not seeing it until they got home and missing out.
I didn't realize that! I will look out for it.

thanks
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 02:47 AM   #2749
jgenie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Building 1 and 3 are closer the the main building than #2. Building 3 will have lake views. If it were me I'd pick building 1, as I like building 1 on the Pop side for its location on that property. With a stroller I also like to request a ground floor room, as you can avoid negotiating an elevator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
We requested building one, pool view. Got our requests and were in 1531 on the ground floor.perfect location as we didn't have to deal with getting on and off the elevator with a stroller and we honestly didn't gear noise from the pool, entrance or elevator at night. Sometimes when back for naps we could hear the music but it wasn't an issue since our two year old was so tuckered out. Hope that helps!
Thanks for the info. When should I submit requests? When we arrive at the resort or prior? If prior, how soon before arrival? TIA
Old 01-23-2013, 02:52 AM   #2750
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
Thanks for the info. When should I submit requests? When we arrive at the resort or prior? If prior, how soon before arrival? TIA
Anytime from the day you make your reservation up until 5-6 days prior to your arrival.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #2751
tehvalerie
Mouseketeer

Just a quick review on our recent stay. We were at AOA in a LM room from 1/12-18. I requested a king bed and am so glad I did because our friend's room with two fulls was a little cramped, but we had plenty of room. I didn't request a building but we ended up in building 7 (Ursula) with a lake view and it was very quiet, except for the occasional luggage cart rolling by.

We tried out the LM and Cars pools and they were definitely not heated, though maybe because it was in the 80s while we were there?

As far as the thermostat, I didn't have a problem with it not going below 68 (we kept it at 70 most of the time), but the room did get warm overnight. I usually ended up getting out of bed at some point to wake up the thermostat and get the air moving again.

The walk to/from the buses/Animation Hall was a little long at times, but I think if we hadn't just run a marathon I wouldn't have minded it. There were a couple times where it felt like the buses for every other park were coming but ours, but overall I had no qualms with the transportation.

Overall we were pretty happy with it and felt it was a good value. I'd definitely consider staying there again!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #2752
jgenie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Anytime from the day you make your reservation up until 5-6 days prior to your arrival.
Is it best to call to make the request? TIA

Last edited by jgenie; 01-23-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #2753
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgenie

Is it best to call to make the request? TIA
Yup!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #2754
Nana2Callie
DIS Veteran

LM - is there a price difference between King and Double beds?
Old 01-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #2755
lhk617
Earning My Ears

Which building do you think would be the closest to the buses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehvalerie View Post
Just a quick review on our recent stay. We were at AOA in a LM room from 1/12-18. I requested a king bed and am so glad I did because our friend's room with two fulls was a little cramped, but we had plenty of room. I didn't request a building but we ended up in building 7 (Ursula) with a lake view and it was very quiet, except for the occasional luggage cart rolling by.

We tried out the LM and Cars pools and they were definitely not heated, though maybe because it was in the 80s while we were there?

As far as the thermostat, I didn't have a problem with it not going below 68 (we kept it at 70 most of the time), but the room did get warm overnight. I usually ended up getting out of bed at some point to wake up the thermostat and get the air moving again.

The walk to/from the buses/Animation Hall was a little long at times, but I think if we hadn't just run a marathon I wouldn't have minded it. There were a couple times where it felt like the buses for every other park were coming but ours, but overall I had no qualms with the transportation.

Overall we were pretty happy with it and felt it was a good value. I'd definitely consider staying there again!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #2756
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana2Callie View Post
LM - is there a price difference between King and Double beds?
No, so far there is one rate (for the respective season) for all Little Mermaid rooms regardless of bed, view, location, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhk617 View Post
Which building do you think would be the closest to the buses?
For LM section, it appears building 7 may be closer. Building 8 is further away than 7 or 9 for sure.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 01-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #2757
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:

For LM section, it appears building 7 may be closer. Building 8 is further away than 7 or 9 for sure.
Really none of them are much different. That's because all access to the building is from the center of each building. Yes, they have exterior doors, but there is no sidewalk from the room through all of the landscaping. You have to walk back to Ursula herself (in the middle of the building) to access the walkways. Our room was near the end of the building. So we had to walk from the end back to the middle, then past the end again...... just to leave.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #2758
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Really none of them are much different. That's because all access to the building is from the center of each building. Yes, they have exterior doors, but there is no sidewalk from the room through all of the landscaping. You have to walk back to Ursula herself (in the middle of the building) to access the walkways. Our room was near the end of the building. So we had to walk from the end back to the middle, then past the end again...... just to leave.
I forgot about that -- I read this previously in the thread. That's pretty annoying. I like a ground floor exterior room so I can avoid walking to the middle for an elevator...guess it's still Pop for next time then! Plenty of shortcut walkways over there.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 01-23-2013, 12:28 PM   #2759
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I forgot about that -- I read this previously in the thread. That's pretty annoying. I like a ground floor exterior room so I can avoid walking to the middle for an elevator...guess it's still Pop for next time then! Plenty of shortcut walkways over there.
I really was astounded at the lack of walkways. It sort of just added insult to injury with that long walk. I bet at some point they will change that. It's just too stupid to leave it the way it is.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:02 AM   #2760
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Wow so if i request a room close to parking, i can not access the room from the parking lot? I have to walk to the center to get to a room at the end?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: