Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 06:42 AM   #1
DISWolves
Dreams really can come true !!!!

2012 - OLYMPIC FREE TOUR - DAY 2 - Mall @ Millennia - Pool - Manny's (1)

Day 2 – Mall @ Millenia – Pool – Manny’s (1)

As expected, the body clock kicked into action and I was wide awake around 4:30 am, so what better thing to do than to write up Day 1 of my 2012 trippie!

Looking out of the window, I could see the now completed, Wyndham Grand Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort, which was still under construction during our visit last year.

Sue and Emma surfaced around 7:00 am and we all made use of the coffee machine. Showered and dressed, we headed over to Earl of Sandwich for breakfast before our planned trip to Mall @ Millenia.

Nigel: Ham, Egg n Cheddar – Apple Juice
Sue: Egg n Cheddar – Orange Juice
Emma: Ham n Swiss – Diet Coke

The journey along I4 was congested due to the commuting traffic and also the construction of a new bridge near to the Seaworld exit.

Arriving at the shopping centre, we headed to Tiffany, where I purchased Sue’s special birthday present, which I had promised to her on her actual birthday in March. I had been in contact with the store via email a few weeks previous, so when we entered the shop her necklace was ready and waiting. We did however; replace the 16” with an 18” chain, which involved a cash adjustment. Service was impeccable, as expected.

Having got into the spirit of spending, we made the short journey downstairs toward the Apple Store. Horror!!!........ the front was boarded, with a notice stating that the store was closed for refurbishment, but the panic was short lived when I read that a temporary store was open on the upper level, near to Macy’s.

We made our way back upstairs and into the Apple Store, where I purchased a white 32Gb new iPad.

I had pre-empted my iPad purchase by buying a leather case a few months previous from Amazon. The case was a bargain since it features a magnetic switch inside the cover that puts the IPad to sleep when closed and only cost just over £5 including delivery! Next stop was at Hollister, where we all purchased a few t-shirts. (the first of many during the next four weeks!) Since our bodies were still on UK time, we decided to return to the Hilton for some pool time and our first chance to chill out in the lazy river.

The next few hours slipped by and soon it was time to shower and change for our first of four visits this holiday, to Manny’s. I also purchased 24 hours of internet, which enabled me to set up my wireless router for all of us to use.

The journey along the US 27 was busy, but soon we arrived and checked in, which only resulted in a 20 minutes wait before we were seated. The salad bowl was as good as ever.

Nigel: Manny’s 8oz sirloin with fries – Chocolate and Vanilla ice cream – Bud Light
Sue: Onion Encrusted Salmon with Jacket Potato – Shared Cheesecake – 2 Manhattans
Emma: Half Rack of Ribs with fries – Shared Cheesecake – Diet Coke

They have a unique way of storing the condiments!

I went in search of my number plate, which I had left on last years visit. I eventually found it in the new annex at the front of the building, suitably placed next to Elvis Presley Blvd.

The return journey entailed a brief stop at Walmart before returning back to the hotel in the midst of a spectacular lightening storm. We spent a while on our iPads and then watched a few programmes on BBC America before finally calling it a day at 22:00.

Coming up next – Parasailing – Pool Time – Texas Roadhouse

Return to INDEX

Last edited by DISWolves; 09-16-2012 at 07:33 AM.
DISWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #2
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Glad you've started your 2012 reports - keep them coming

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 08:53 AM   #3
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

We MUST get to Manny's on our next trip - we still haven't been and it looks fab
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #4
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

For some reason I can't get my DH to buy me anything in Tiffany, got any tips?
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:23 AM   #5
DISWolves
Dreams really can come true !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Glad you've started your 2012 reports - keep them coming
Thanks for reading.....will try and get at least one upload per week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
We MUST get to Manny's on our next trip - we still haven't been and it looks fab
We managed to get 4 visits in this year and on one visit, there was a 'strange passenger' waiting outside in the parking lot
Stay tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
For some reason I can't get my DH to buy me anything in Tiffany, got any tips?
A large empty credit card for starters!
DISWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #6
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

Lovely necklace never been to Manny's but the food looks great. Your pictures are so sharp.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #7
wigeboo
Mouseketeer

great report

me DH DD

Planning my tenth Disney holiday
wigeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:30 AM   #8
Portugal1000
DIS Veteran

Just catching up on you trip report. We were at Wyndham bonnet creek ( the time share bit) from 27th July for 3 weeks. Our 4th visit, absolutely love it. The new hotel is lovely great pool that always seemed to be empty. Its just a great resort to walk around. Hilton also looks lovely but I would have a nervous breakdown if I was in one room with my husband and son!! We had a 2 bedroom villa which I think is bigger than my house. $130 a night although I have paid $100 in December. Would definitely recommend. In the 4 years I have been there I have only heat one other British family. I just font think it's that well advertised in uk which is a shame as a great resort. Looking forward to mire of the trip report. Wish I had written one. Need to get an I pad for next year!
Dec 08 - All Star Sports, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World, 21 Nights
August 09 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 17 Nights
Nov 09 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 15 Nights
Dec 10 - Quality Suites,Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Homewood Suites, 18 Nights
August 2011 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 19 Nights
July 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 21 Nights - Hard Rock Hotel, 1 Night
July 2013 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 22 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific Hotel, 1 Night
August 2014 - Tradewinds Resort, 7 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific, 1 Night - Wyndham Bonnet Creek 15 Nights
Portugal1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:58 AM   #9
1andrea
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Great report so far. Loved seeing the Tiffany gift although I am disappointed you didn't eat at my favourite restaurant Cheesecake Factory while you were at Mall of Millenia. I'm hoping for a visit later in our report!

Mannys looks great, I will be visiting there on my August trip thanks to your photos!

Just off to read more on my snow day!

Andrea

[/url]

2005 January DLRP 3 Nights Dream Castle
2005 May/June 14 Nights Swan and Dolphin and 7 Nights Clearwater
2006 May/ June 10 Nights All Stars Movies and 10 Nights Jamaica
2007 June 14 Nights Saratoga Springs
2008 May/June 21 Nights Beach Club Villas, Hard Rock Hotel and Wilderness Lodge Villas
December 16 Nights Polynesian, Portofino Bay and Grand Floridian
2009 March DLRP 3 Nights Sequoia Lodge
2009 May/ June 22 Nights Port Orleans Riverside, Hard Rock Hotel and Animal Kingdom Lodge
2010 May/ June 26 Nights Bay Lake Tower, Hard Rock Hotel and Boardwalk Villas

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

[/url]

1andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:31 AM   #10
DisDTC
Earning My Ears

Wow those ribs look soooo nice - I'm hungry
DisDTC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: