Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #2011
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by atisikitabasket View Post
Can you PM me the info like what time not to send message and everything. I will give it a try I might not get update to you everyday but I will try my best. We will be eating at the following:

Garden Grill
Raglan Road
50's
Rainforest
Tutto Italia
BOG
WPE
Cooke's of Dublin
CHH
Yorkshire
Casey's and one my QS yet to be determine!

Ok, I'll add you to the February list. I'll be sending out a PM to everyone on the Feb. team probably this weekend. The PM should have all the info you will need to email your updates.

Thank you!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 01-22-2013, 08:54 PM   #2012
jabead
DIS Veteran

dreamscometrue101 also sent a dinner update from last night.

She and her niece had dinner at DHS'...

Hollywood Brown Derby

She said, "Dinner yesterday was Hollywood Brown Derby. I wasn't sure how this meal was going to go because we had been up for 36+ hours at this point."

"We arrived 40 minutes early and were seated right away."

"Serra had a soda and nothing really appealed to her so she went with the kids hot dog. (No pics). It was a plain hot dog... What more can you say."

Seafood Cioppino - sauteed black tiger shrimp, Prince Edward Island mussels, and a pan-seared fennel-dusted grouper over orzo pasta with a cioppino broth

Double Vanilla Bean Créme Brulée with Dark Chocolate-dipped Biscotti

"I went with the crab spring roll appetizer, seafood cioppino, and the vanilla creme brûlée, and more importantly the margarita flight.... Yumm!"

Citizens Take Flight
A tasting of three flavored Margaritas
- Bucky Greenhorn’s Derby Margarita
- Melvin Macheezmo Mango Margarita
- “Ready” Freddy Fiddlesticks Pomegranate Margarita

"Everything was delicious. My niece stole the shrimp from my plate and declared that is was the best shrimp ever. I enjoyed the appetizer and the dessert but only ate half of each as there was just too much food."

"I think the children's menu is rather limited if you're using 2 children's dining credits for this meal. I paid out of pocket for hers."

"It is definitely on my to do list for October."

3 January Game Points Earned

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #2013
jabead
DIS Veteran

CaliBear also sent us an update from her dinner last night at Animal Kingdom Lodge's...

JIKO

CaliBear said, "We had dinner last night at Jiko. Here's the bread. We liked the spicy sweetness of the tandoori butter."

"We shared bobotie rolls. These were really good."

Crispy Beef "Bobotie" Roll with Cucumber Raita, Green Mango Atjar, and Honey-roasted Groundnuts

"Bunny Chow" and "Falafel"
Durban Curry Vegetables in Naan Bread, Mango Ketchup, Harissa Mustard, and Chickpea-Lentil Cake with Cilantro Yogurt, Wilted Greens and Olive-Walnut Tapenade

"We also shared the Bunny Chow and Falafel entrée. I had been wanting to try this since I first saw it on the menu and my review is mixed. I loved the bunny chow. The vegetables inside were cooked crisp and the bread container was crispy yet light. There were soft vegetable ribbons on the plate too - also delicious. The falafel though...DBF said it was like eating sawdust."

"Our waiter was Oscar. He was very good and he did recommend several appetizers to share, but I had to try that bunny chow, and I'm glad I did."

"I don't have a photo of dessert, but we had the chocolate and tea safari and it was amazing. I want to make that cake! I'm hoping to find a recipe."

3 January Game Points Earned

Old 01-22-2013, 09:39 PM   #2014
jabead
DIS Veteran

Now let's start the breakfast updates from this morning.

dreamscometrue101 and her niece were at Animal Kingdom today and had breakfast at...

TUSKER HOUSE

She said, "Breakfast this morning was Tusker House at Animal Kingdom. We had an 8:05 ADR is perfect. Great photo ops!"

"We had our photo taken with Donald then headed on in."

"This is my first plate but my second and both of my niece's look just about the same with the exception of some plain scrambled eggs on the second trip. Everything was tasty and good, except for the scrambled eggs. They were very salty."

"But the best was the characters and that jungle juice..Mmmmm!"

3 January Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pic of DNiece & Goofy

Old 01-22-2013, 09:47 PM   #2015
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Hey Barb! I just wanted to share some food news that I read on the Restaurants Board.

Hurricane Hanna's (the pool quick service location at Yacht & Beach Club) reopened today. west&east posted the menu here - apparently there are a bunch of new menu items! Among them are:

-Hanna's 1/3 lb bacon angus cheeseburger with Vermont cheddar and steak sauce
-Grilled chicken breast sandwich with a four-cheese blend, tomato, avocado, and arugula
-Grilled cheese and smoked bacon sandwich with Vermont cheddar, apple butter, and blue cheese
-Lobster & shrimp roll on Parker House bread with citrus mayonnaise
-Chopped field greens salad with turkey, blue cheese, craisins, and orange vinaigrette
-Vegetarian quinoa wrap with roasted vegetables, hummus, and goat cheese

I'd love to try the chicken sandwich, lobster & shrimp roll, or quinoa wrap (and although I recently stopped eating red meat and pork, I have to admit that their specialty burger sounds fantastic ). To showcase some of these new menu items, maybe you could offer an extra point to anyone who hits up Hurricane Hanna's (like with the new French bakery)? It's just a suggestion, since I'd love to see what some of these dishes look like.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #2016
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next we have a breakfast snack update from AlohaPolynesian.

She said, "Just has coffee for breakfast so I got hungry in Animal Kingdom. Found a stand with salted edamame! Delicious and hit the spot."

Bradley Falls Kiosk

Edamame

1 January Game Point Earned

Old 01-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #2017
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Hey Barb! I just wanted to share some food news that I read on the Restaurants Board.

Hurricane Hanna's (the pool quick service location at Yacht & Beach Club) reopened today. west&east posted the menu here - apparently there are a bunch of new menu items! Among them are:

-Hanna's 1/3 lb bacon angus cheeseburger with Vermont cheddar and steak sauce
-Grilled chicken breast sandwich with a four-cheese blend, tomato, avocado, and arugula
-Grilled cheese and smoked bacon sandwich with Vermont cheddar, apple butter, and blue cheese
-Lobster & shrimp roll on Parker House bread with citrus mayonnaise
-Chopped field greens salad with turkey, blue cheese, craisins, and orange vinaigrette
-Vegetarian quinoa wrap with roasted vegetables, hummus, and goat cheese

I'd love to try the chicken sandwich, lobster & shrimp roll, or quinoa wrap (and although I recently stopped eating red meat and pork, I have to admit that their specialty burger sounds fantastic ). To showcase some of these new menu items, maybe you could offer an extra point to anyone who hits up Hurricane Hanna's (like with the new French bakery)? It's just a suggestion, since I'd love to see what some of these dishes look like.

Wow, impressive menu for a poolside joint! I will add Hurricane Hanna's to the 5 point list right away. Thanks for the heads up!

Old 01-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #2018
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Wow, impressive menu for a poolside joint! I will add Hurricane Hanna's to the 5 point list right away. Thanks for the heads up!
No problem! As a huge fan of both WDW and food, I'm admittedly way too excited over the new menu.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #2019
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next we have a breakfast update from CaliBear.

She said, "We're staying at AKL so today's breakfast was at..."

MARA

African Inspired Breakfast Platter
Scrambled eggs, Merguez sausage, pap, chakalaka and grilled tomatoes

CaliBear said, "DBF had this. He didn't care for this at all. Hard sausage and cold grilled tomatoes."

"I had a bagel and cream cheese. It was fine."

"After breakfast we went to the Celebration of Africa in the Jambo House lobby. This was nice. There was dancing, drums, and stations to learn about African wildlife, food, sports, and crafts. I know it's not dining, but it was a nice event."

3 January Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for Celebration of Africa pic

Last edited by jabead; 01-22-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:38 PM   #2020
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next we had both a breakfast and lunch update (plus a bonus ) from disneybride96.

Her update was titled...

TODAY'S ADVENTURE

She said, "My DH's birthday was a couple weeks ago. Since I didn't get him anything then, this surprise [Segway] tour, "Keep Moving Forward" was his gift. I didn't tell him until we were in bed last night!"

"You might ask what makes this food related. Well, the tour was re-worked a couple months ago and now includes breakfast at..."

SUNSHINE SEASONS

Adult Breakfast platter with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes, French toast, and a biscuit

"We both got the breakfast platter. It was a nice addition to the tour."

Then for lunch, they stopped by Epcot's...

Fish & Chips

"This is one of our favorites, but I was really disappointed that the Walker's Shortbread was no longer available as a dessert. Instead they now have sugar cookies. They appear fresh baked, but were nothing special. We both took a bite and threw out the rest. Fish and chips were still great though."

5 January Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for Segway tour pic & menu

Old 01-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #2021
jabead
DIS Veteran

And then a lunch update from AlohaPolynesian.

She and her group had lunch today at Animal Kingdom's...

Restaurantosaurus

- Chicken Breast Nuggets & French fries
- Chicken BLT Salad
- Vegetable Subosaurus - grilled vegetables, mushrooms, and onions served on a toasted roll with French fries

AlohaPolynesian said, "Just ate at Restaurantosaurus! My nieces split the chicken tenders, my sister had the Chicken BLT Salad - she said this was just okay. I had the Veggie Subosaurus without cheese. It was surprisingly good due to the fact that the bread seemed fresh and the portion of veggies was pretty good!"

Then later AlohaPoly sent this update...

"Just did dinner in the room tonight (I had potato chips). One of the little princesses isn't feeling well so we called it an early night and are watching Disney movies in our room. I DID need a little something though, so I headed to the Outer Rim in CR. I was perusing the menu when the bartender said I "must" try the Captain's Mai Tai, so I did. Now I'm enjoying it while watching Princess and the Frog."

Captain's Mai Tai
Captain Morgan Original Spiced rum, amaretto and tropical juices topped with a float of Myers's Original Dark rum

3 January Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for new cocktail

Last edited by jabead; 01-22-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:23 PM   #2022
jabead
DIS Veteran

We also had a lunch update from dreamscometrue101.

Here is what she said, "We just finished up lunch at Everything POP. Not the best use of the deluxe dining plan but since we are about to head to the pool it was the only option."

Everything Pop Food Court

Chicken nugget kids meal with grapes, apples and chocolate milk.

"Obviously they were good because they were gone before I could take a picture of my lunch."

Chicken burrito with tie died cheesecake, strawberry milk and a pickle.

"Pickle for the kid, and just had to try the cheesecake."

"The burrito was very dry. A lot of flavour but could have used a little more something to moisten it up. And I know the cheesecake is one of their signature items but it was just really sweet cheesecake. I only ate two bites. I like the red velvet cake on the bottom but it's not something I will have again."

3 January Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for pic of DNiece

Old 01-22-2013, 11:39 PM   #2023
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next update is from CaliBear, who had lunch at DHS'...

'50s Prime Time Cafe

CaliBear said, "Lunch was at '50s Prime Time. We loved this. We shared onion rings and the PB & J shake.
Both were delicious."

Beer Battered Onion Rings and PB & J Shake (Peanut Butter, Grape Jelly, & Vanilla Ice Cream)

A Sampling of Mom's Favorite Recipes
Crispy-fried Chicken, Fork Tender Pot Roast, and Traditional Meatloaf with all the fixings

"We also had the sampler. This was all good but our favorite was the fried chicken. We ate our greens so no punishments, but I did get scolded by the entire room for texting at the table...and yes, I had been texting you an update."

3 January Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for taking a "scolding" on our behalf

Old 01-22-2013, 11:59 PM   #2024
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our last update for today is from a new reporter, marshallsmommy.

She and her family arrived at Disney World today.

Here is what she said, "We made it! First thing, we were booked for lake view in BLT and this is our view...

"Wow, we were shocked!"

"First thing we did was go to new Fantasyland and Marshall and I shared a LaFou's Brew. It was "meh", not everything I was hoping for."

"Then we stopped at the Lunching Pad for a sweet cream cheese pretzel. Yum! Marshall and I really liked it.
Doug (the hubby) didn't though."

'OHANA

"Then tonight we ate at 'Ohana. Doug loved the salad. I didn't. We both liked the wings best and the steak. The noodles were AMAZING. Marshall ate his weight in them! And Doug picked every mushroom out of the stir-fried veggies. He thought they were great. The sad part...I didn't love the bread pudding. I wanted to, but I just didn't."

4 January Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for pics of Marshall and his mommy and BLT room view

Old 01-23-2013, 06:26 AM   #2025
disneybride96
Yacht Club Gazebo- 11-2-96

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip
No problem! As a huge fan of both WDW and food, I'm admittedly way too excited over the new menu.
Double thanks DDW! We are staying at the BCV and needed somewhere for lunch today on our non-park day. That might just be the ticket.

Mutiple Trips- 1972-1995
The Weddings : Sister's Wedding...Wilderness Lodge Jan '96 Intimate Wedding....Yacht Club Nov '96

Boardwalk Grand Villa Upgrade, '98 Shades Of Green '99
The Cruises: Wonder- Jan '04, Magic w/ Antigua- Oct '04, Kin Folk Magic Cruise- Nov '05, Wonder- Jan '06
Won at trip to the Yacht Club- Jan '06
Then Came DVC: SSR - Sept '06, OKW Studio - Jan '07, OKW Grand Villa - Sept '07, AKV/BCV - Jan '08
Magic Halloween Double Dip Oct '08, SSR Pre-Christmas Dec '08,, Jan '09 BCV, Developer Points @ SSR - Sept '09,
BLT Homecoming- Dec '09,Wonder & BWV- Jan '10, HHI- Oct '10, Nephews to BLT- Jan '11, DISNEYLAND VGC- Oct '11
Dream/BLT - Nov '11, Princess Trip/Treehouse - Oct '12,
Super Storm Sandy Dream Cruise - Oct '12 , AKV/BCV -Jan '13 .
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: