Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
rieko
Earning My Ears

Which villa closest and fastest to Magic Kingdom?

Hi,

I'm visiting WDW in june and am not sure where to book. I'm bringing my 3 year old daughter and 6 mth old son. I want a villa so that I don't have to go to bed at 7 with my kids. I really want to be close to Magic Kingdom since that's where we'll be most of the time and I want to be able to go back to the resort quickly to put my son down. I'm thinking Bay Lake Towers is the best option but wasn't sure if there were other good options???????
rieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #2
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by rieko View Post
I'm visiting WDW in june and am not sure where to book. I'm bringing my 3 year old daughter and 6 mth old son. I want a villa so that I don't have to go to bed at 7 with my kids. I really want to be close to Magic Kingdom since that's where we'll be most of the time and I want to be able to go back to the resort quickly to put my son down. I'm thinking Bay Lake Towers...
BLT.

1BR.

you're waiting kind of late if you are trying to get a points reservation, though. might still be lake view rooms available (they are the most common) but maybe not. i would firm up your plans soon and make some calls...

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 05:48 AM   #3
patty57
DIS Veteran

Agree with Bay Lake Towers. If you aren't able to get that, the Villas at Wilderness Lodge is only a boat ride away from MK.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:04 AM   #4
rieko
Earning My Ears

thanks! I'm not booking on points...not even sure what those are...never been to disney. Do you know how long it takes to get from BLT to magic kingdom? Is the monorail faster or should I just walk?
rieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #5
Jestocost
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thanks! I'm not booking on points...not even sure what those are...never been to disney. Do you know how long it takes to get from BLT to magic kingdom? Is the monorail faster or should I just walk?
It's a 10 minute walk from BLT to the MK. The monorail ride is longer than the walk.
Spring 1976, WDW/Golf Resort; Spring 2000, WDW/CBR; Summer 2002, WDW/CBR; Thanksgiving 2003, Disney Wonder & WDW/CBR; Fall 2004, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2005, Disney Magic Western Caribbean; Fall 2005, WDW/BC; Summer 2006, Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean & WDW/POFQ; Christmas 2006, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2007, DLR/Disneyland Hotel; Fall 2007, WDW/Poly; Summer 2008, WDW/POFQ & Disney Wonder B2B; Thanksgiving 2008, WDW/Poly; Summer 2009, WDW/AKL; Christmas/New Year 2009-2010, WDW/Poly and Disney Magic Western Caribbean; Spring Break 2010, WDW/BC; Summer 2010, WDW/GF; Thanksgiving 2010, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2011, WDW/BC; Summer 2011, WDW/BWI; Thanksgiving 2011, Disney Dream; Summer 2012, WDW/AKL;F&WF 2012, WDW/BWI; Spring Break 2013, WDW/BC; Summer 2013, Disney Wonder Alaska; F&WF 2013, WDW/YC; Spring Break 2014, WDW/AKL and Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; Summer 2014, WDW/WL

Jestocost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #6
x5x5x5x5x5
Finally figured out how to do this...

Bay Lake Towers is the Disney Vacation Club property adjacent to the Contemporary. You can book a room there using Disney Vacation Club points if you are a member (kind of like a time share) or you can call Disney Reservations and book with cash like you would any other resort at Disney. The Contemporary is just a few steps farther from Magic Kingdom than Bay Lake but they only way to get a villa type room there is to book a suite. Bay Lake Towers is EXTREMELY convenient to the Magic Kingdom. I would recommend walking because in order to take the monorail you have to walk from Bay Lake to the Contemporary - then the monorail has to go around a handful of stops before you could exit at the Magic Kingdom. When I stayed at Bay Lake I couldn't believe how easy it was to walk back and forth to the Magic Kingdom. I would definitely book it asap though - especially if you are going to try to rent points from a Disney Vacation Club owner to secure the reservation - and that topic is covered in the DVC section on the boards. Good luck and enjoy!!
x5x5x5x5x5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #7
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
thanks! I'm not booking on points...not even sure what those are...never been to disney.
points are more complicated but can be a less expensive option. for your first trip, it's more expensive but i'd stick to dealing with disney directly.

Quote:
Do you know how long it takes to get from BLT to magic kingdom? Is the monorail faster or should I just walk?
walking is much faster. the monorail is a nice option for a trip to the polynesian or grand floridian for dinner...or to go to the ticket center to change over to the epcot monorail.

BLT is also only a short walk to the MK bus hub if you have dinner reservations at another wdw resort, like animal kingdom lodge.

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #8
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Only one tower. So Bay Lake Tower. It's a Disney Timeshare resort.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:03 PM   #9
ElizabethG
When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!

Quote:
Hi,

I'm visiting WDW in june and am not sure where to book. I'm bringing my 3 year old daughter and 6 mth old son. I want a villa so that I don't have to go to bed at 7 with my kids. I really want to be close to Magic Kingdom since that's where we'll be most of the time and I want to be able to go back to the resort quickly to put my son down. I'm thinking Bay Lake Towers is the best option but wasn't sure if there were other good options???????
Just another convenience for you is that you do not need to fold up your stroller on the monorail. You can take the monorail to MK and EP (a tranfer to another monorail is required at the TTC).
Old 01-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #10
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethG View Post
Just another convenience for you is that you do not need to fold up your stroller on the monorail. You can take the monorail to MK and EP (a tranfer to another monorail is required at the TTC).
Not always. During our stay at BLT in October, everytime we got the monorail at the Contemporary Resort, guests were instructed to remove kids and fold the strollers up when they boarded the monorail.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #11
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Not always. During our stay at BLT in October, everytime we got the monorail at the Contemporary Resort, guests were instructed to remove kids and fold the strollers up when they boarded the monorail.
That is interesting. We encountered zillions of strollers (with kids in them!)on the resort monorail in September, but boarded at the Poly. I wonder if it is just the CMs at the Contemporary.
"Cinder" Ella's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #12
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Cinder" Ella's Mom

That is interesting. We encountered zillions of strollers (with kids in them!)on the resort monorail in September, but boarded at the Poly. I wonder if it is just the CMs at the Contemporary.
I've never been instructed to do that weird
lililoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #13
merina888
Mouseketeer

She's only going to be able to book at BLT if there is availability. It is primarily a DVC property so members may have already booked for that time since they can book 11 months in advance for home resort or 7 months for non-home resort.

My parents recently booked a stay at Old Key West on cash, but when I looked for something there at the same time, there was no availability.
merina888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: