Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #2926
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

We are getting a little off the beaten path just saying before going to bed. I don't want the topic police to come in. Lol! Getting close to our 250 page limit. Sweet POR dreams!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:43 PM   #2927
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch
We are getting a little off the beaten path just saying before going to bed. I don't want the topic police to come in. Lol! Getting close to our 250 page limit. Sweet POR dreams!
Sorry about that

When is the Feb schedule available for POR? I know Andre will have it on his site - just wondering when they release it.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #2928
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydays28 View Post
Just curious, is there any building/walkway at POR that the Epcot fireworks can be seen from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus View Post
Sorry about that

When is the Feb schedule available for POR? I know Andre will have it on his site - just wondering when they release it.
Id say probably around the 25-28 of the Jan.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #2929
ThreeKMom
DIS Veteran

My turn for a quick question, does POR have any resort specific merchandise available? I used to have a Dixie Landings sweatshirt but sadly it's long gone!

Love & Pixie Dust
Old 01-23-2013, 02:22 AM   #2930
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKMom View Post
My turn for a quick question, does POR have any resort specific merchandise available? I used to have a Dixie Landings sweatshirt but sadly it's long gone!
Very little, which is a real shame. It's just some pictures and an odd pin badge or two these days.

Some resorts have been starting to get some merchandise back, so I guess there's still hope though.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-23-2013, 06:25 AM   #2931
Missytara
I'm all ears!

I have also snagged the pins each year. But as far as t-shirts, etc. are concerned, not at all.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:42 AM   #2932
Teddie
Earning My Ears

Pool slide ages?

Hi all,
We (dh, ds 5, dd 2, grandma, mil, fil) are going to be in Port Orleans in 13 days! It's most of our first trip! I was hoping some one could tell me for the water slides at port Orleans is there an age/height requirement or can kids go down with adults? My son can kind of swim, but not well enough that I would send him down by himself.
Thanks
Teddie
Old 01-23-2013, 07:19 AM   #2933
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddie
Hi all,
We (dh, ds 5, dd 2, grandma, mil, fil) are going to be in Port Orleans in 13 days! It's most of our first trip! I was hoping some one could tell me for the water slides at port Orleans is there an age/height requirement or can kids go down with adults? My son can kind of swim, but not well enough that I would send him down by himself.
Thanks
Teddie
No height or age requirements, but only one person at a time.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:30 AM   #2934
ThreeKMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Very little, which is a real shame. It's just some pictures and an odd pin badge or two these days.

Some resorts have been starting to get some merchandise back, so I guess there's still hope though.

Andre
Thanks Andre!

Love & Pixie Dust
Old 01-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #2935
ILoveMMouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddie View Post
Hi all,
Thanks
Teddie
They have swim vests available at the boat rental place in the marina, I believe they are free for use at the pool. Only one person is allowed on the slide at a time, but you can certainly wait down at the bottom of the slide to "catch" your son.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #2936
sacandjac
Earning My Ears

We will be staying at POR in a royal room November 19th-26th. First time staying here for us!! Super excited!!
May 2005 Wilderness Lodge Jan 2006 AKL (my 73 year old mother's first trip) Nov 2006 1st trip to Disneyland
May 2007 Beach Club Sept 2007 Coronado Springs
January 2009 Animal Kingdom LodgeOctober 2009 Coronado Springs May 2010 Coronado Springs
November 2011 Wilderness Lodge September 2012 Pop Century November 2013-Wilderness Lodge (for us) and Cabins at FW (for my nephew and is family) November 2014 BLT and little Ainsley Ruth's First Trip
Old 01-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #2937
Turrash
Earning My Ears

Excitement building

Hello everyone, and sorry if I ask a couple questions that were answered already. This thread is enormous

So I just booked our first family trip to Disney. It's me (35), my wife (38) and my daughter (13) who will be travelling Oct 19-26th. We decided to pick an AB room as I believe my kid will enjoy the room and the decor.

Anyways, my concern is discounts and what might become available. Do discount weeks normally start on a Sunday rather than Saturday? I would hate for a great deal to come out and say "10/20 - xxxx" where we miss it by a day. The days we are travelling can be adjusted if necessary but wanted to see what you guys thought. When do they normally come out with the late season deals?

Did I make a good choice with the AB rooms? I realize there will be large differences of opinions but hoping it would be the best for a teenager.

Hmm .. maybe that's it. I thought I didn't pick up much from the thread but the pictures and everything I've spent the last 2 hours reading has been absolutely amazing. Looking forward to learning a ton from you seasoned vets who know POR and Disney like the back of your hand.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #2938
Teddie
Earning My Ears

More about the pool

Thanks dansdad, do you know will they allow one of us to wait at the bottom of the slide to catch ds?
Thanks!
Old 01-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #2939
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddie View Post
Thanks dansdad, do you know will they allow one of us to wait at the bottom of the slide to catch ds?
Yes. You'll need to stand slightly off to one side as they don't want people in the actual exit area when someone starts coming down the slide, but you'll still be able to catch him fine.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #2940
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

I recently realised that I had not updated my room layout plans since the trundle beds went away, so here's my new version for the AB rooms. I'll do a generic one for the other sections next.

There's a PDF version HERE.

Did I miss anything, or get anything wrong that anyone can see? It may not be quite to scale, but I think it's pretty close. Also, do you think there's too much information (text annotations) or just about right?

Andre

Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: