Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #16
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
If you don't see anything you like on the menu, don't go. Seems like an easy decision.
The point is - the OP didn't like a SIDE with the chicken. That's not like looking at the entire menu and seeing absolutely nothing she couldn't eat. What we are trying to do is tell her Disney is more than willing to work with the guest and make the entire meal enjoyable for everyone.

My husband would never go to a Sweet Tomatoes because there's no meat to be had. So we don't go - that's what's meant by not liking anything on a menu.

But that's not what the OP was asking - she just wants to substitute things which you can easily do at Disney World. Or get something without a sauce. It's not that she won't eat anything on the menu - she just doesn't want the combos that are printed.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #17
TwoCortWort
A Buckeye Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Z View Post
She doesn't like veggies or gravy! If you are a truly picky eater you can relate!
No I don't like gravy on my potatoes. I only have a few veggies I don't like. I am looking at the fried chicken and where I am picky is I only like white meat. Can you request that or just ask for a breast or wing?

TwoCortWort is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #18
TwoCortWort

There is stuff I like, but it's a place my parents want to try and they don't want to go unless I will and eat. The fried chicken I will take on but I wasn't sure about if I can get white meat verses dark. And we are fairly new to sit down restaurants at Disney, so we aren't sure of the rules. I was half scared to ask for my burger medium, but the server the first time I was asked how I liked it and I was taken back.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #19
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCortWort View Post
There is stuff I like, but it's a place my parents want to try and they don't want to go unless I will and eat. The fried chicken I will take on but I wasn't sure about if I can get white meat verses dark. And we are fairly new to sit down restaurants at Disney, so we aren't sure of the rules. I was half scared to ask for my burger medium, but the server the first time I was asked how I liked it and I was taken back.
Don't worry Disney is very accomodating! The last time I had the chicken I was suprised when they asked which pieces I wanted. Other times it just came with a wing, leg thigh snd breast. But I got 2 breasts and a wing, maybe 2. IDR! You will be fine!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #20
TwoCortWort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Z View Post
Don't worry Disney is very accomodating! The last time I had the chicken I was suprised when they asked which pieces I wanted. Other times it just came with a wing, leg thigh snd breast. But I got 2 breasts and a wing, maybe 2. IDR! You will be fine!
Thank you.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #21
mfd25wife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No I don't like gravy on my potatoes. I only have a few veggies I don't like. I am looking at the fried chicken and where I am picky is I only like white meat. Can you request that or just ask for a breast or wing?
Yes, you can ask. I'm just the opposite and like thighs and legs. I also am allergic to gluten so I ask for GF chicken, dark meat only. I can't have the gravy since it has gluten so I know you won't have a problem with that either.

Edited to add funny story: On one trip, I ordered the chicken dark meat only. They forgot and brought me mixed. The server caught it and said, "oh no. Your chicken is wrong. I'll fix that". Now, you get something like 4 pieces of chicken with that meal. The server left the original and brought 4 more. We all still laugh at how hungry people around us must have thought I was to end up with 8 pieces of chicken.
mfd25wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #22
BoosGram
Better than a candygram....I tink, therefore I am.

Quote:
We ate at 50s in December w/my DD who has Celiac's. They were very accommodating, even making her mashed potatoes w/o any dairy; she loved it. As PPs have stated, all you have to do is ask; the CMs will do their best to make you happy. BTW, the fried chicken is my favorite (used to be the pot roast, which is also good).

BoosGram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #23
Phil Cirrone
Mouseketeer

The service there is great
Phil Cirrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #24
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yep - you can request white meat only. And no gravy for your potatoes. All extremely easy at Disney World.

And really - at any restaurant. My husband will order a salad without any cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, celery, etc. He basically wants lettuce, cheese and croutons. And he gets it every single time at any restaurant we go to. He even orders extra dressing. We split meals. We order just appetizers or just desserts. We get what we want, tip accordingly and have a nice meal. Don't worry about it.

Speak up - tell the server what you want.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: