Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #1546
cocoabean1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
it IS mean!!! I got addicted to those chips, and now I want some!
I love these chips- I should have bagged some up to take home so that I could have 1 a day (yeah right) until I return in December. Too bad that we can't buy these on the disney website!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #1547
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
pixarmom. I tried to send you a pm about our upcoming cruise. Your pm box is full. (Seems to be a common ailment on this thread.) Could you clear me a little room?
Mission accomplished!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/BWI!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #1548
Me!Thatswho
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I have been reading your reviews and thank you so much for the updates!
We are excited for our 1st YC CL stay coming in April! So, the nighttime apps have been good??? Sorry if I missed it, but did you give pictures? TIA.
Hi Tia! You're going to love it! We had a blast. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. Chris, who was there most of our days, and Lauri, who we actually first met at the BC CL, were our favorite concierges.

We:

1) ate breakfast everyday. There various pastries and mini-muffins each day, in addition to the standard croissants (to die for!), muffins, bagels, oatmeal and various cereals.

2) had mid-day snacks three days. Home-made potato chips with a blue cheese dip, chocolate-chip & sugar cookies, Swedish fish, chocolate-covered pretzels & trail mix were available each day.

3) had apps two days. I loved the lobster salad, scallops wrapped in bacon, and puffs very similar to crab ragoons. There also was dinner rolls and little cups of PBJ for the kids.

4) & dessert three nights. If memory serves me correctly, there were brownies each night, along with a mix of peanut-butter & chocolate mouse, cheesecake with rasberrys, oreo bon-bons, little fruit tarts and a few other tasty treats that have slipped my mind.

Unfortunately I did not take any pictures of the snacks. I did, however, take a ton in around the resort and the parks (~1300 actually ), so I may have a pic of practically everything else.
August, 2005 - WDW All-Stars Movies & All-Stars Music -- May, 2006 - WDW Port Orleans French Quarter for SWW -- June, 2007 - WDW Contemporary for SWW -- Dec, 2007 - WDW Pop Century & Contemporary for MVMCP -- July, 2008 - DL Disneyland Hotel -- Dec, 2008 - Jan, 2009 - WDW Polynesian; NYE @ DHS -- Dec, 2009 - Jan, 2010 - WDW Polynesian; NYE: breakfast at AK; mid-day @ Blizzard Beach; evening @ Epcot for Illuminations; fireworks on Poly beach -- Oct, 2010 - WDW Polynesian for MNSSHP -- Nov, 2011 - DL Grand Californian Hotel -- Aug 2012 - WDW Beach Club CL -- Jan 2013 - WDW Yacht Club CL -- Dec 2013 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside: DD danced in XMas parade taping -- July 2014 - DLP Hotel New York
Old 01-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #1549
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Mission accomplished!
It still won't let me. I've tried 3 or 4 times. It may take a while for those server thingy's to work. I'll try again later tonight or in the morning.
Thanks!

Old 01-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #1550
Disney Dukers
Mouseketeer

Talking

Yippee!!! Please add our family to the list!!! We will be staying August 21-31 at the Yacht Club in a standard room. DH and I are thrilled and the girls (6&8) are going to be soooo excited when we tell them. I'm going to wait until next week after I make a trip to the Disney Store (an hr from us) to surprise them. I'm hoping they sell autograph books, I'd like to buy them one each and then wrap them up as a way of telling them! They are going to love SAB!!

2008 Best Western Lakeside - Kissimmee
2009 Regal Sun - Downtown Disney
2011 Pop Century - Disney World
2013 Yacht Club - Disney World
2014 Tropicana Inn - Disneyland
Old 01-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #1551
west&east
DIS Veteran

So we walked out of breakfast at Captain's Grille just in time for the ribbon cutting at Hurricane Hannahs! I will post pictures as soon as I can. I took photos of the food and bar menus. I chatted with some CMs. One lucky family got to cut the ribbon and be first in line for the food and another couple was first up at the bar. We just ate a late breakfast and were heading to the airport so we could not try that lobster roll!

By the way, the house made potato chips were delicious. The house made of potato chips was off display until next January.

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
Old 01-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #1552
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post
So we walked out of breakfast at Captain's Grille just in time for the ribbon cutting at Hurricane Hannahs! I will post pictures as soon as I can. I took photos of the food and bar menus. I chatted with some CMs. One lucky family got to cut the ribbon and be first in line for the food and another couple was first up at the bar. We just ate a late breakfast and were heading to the airport so we could not try that lobster roll!

By the way, the house made potato chips were delicious. The house made of potato chips was off display until next January.
on the news about HH!

Thanks for letting us know!!

on the Potato Chip House
Old 01-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #1553
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
It still won't let me. I've tried 3 or 4 times. It may take a while for those server thingy's to work. I'll try again later tonight or in the morning.
Thanks!
I tried again, and I think it "took" this time! But please be warned - the Disney Wonder to Alaska is AMAZING and if you engage me in a discussion regarding this topic, I may not be able to stop yapping about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dukers View Post
Yippee!!! Please add our family to the list!!! We will be staying August 21-31 at the Yacht Club in a standard room. DH and I are thrilled and the girls (6&8) are going to be soooo excited when we tell them. I'm going to wait until next week after I make a trip to the Disney Store (an hr from us) to surprise them. I'm hoping they sell autograph books, I'd like to buy them one each and then wrap them up as a way of telling them! They are going to love SAB!!
Welcome and congratulations! Hope you love BC/YC as much as we do. And August is a perfect time to enjoy SAB - can't imagine a summer visit without it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post

Yay!!!! Thanks so much - really excited to see your photos!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/BWI!)
Old 01-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #1554
west&east
DIS Veteran

Hurricane Hanna's New Menu!

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
Old 01-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #1555
west&east
DIS Veteran

HH New Bar Menu

(I just realized that the food menu I posted had no prices! Sorry I didn't take a photo with the prices...)

Old 01-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #1556
west&east
DIS Veteran

HH Wine List

Just noticed they have Doc Loosen! My favorite riesling. Having it poolside at BC would be a dream. So sorry I left today!

Old 01-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #1557
RWathen
MomandDDluvMickey

Beach Club Bound!!

Can you add us to the list for July 18-23? Excited to be back at the Beach Club this summer!

Ryan
Old 01-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #1558
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyia View Post
I'm a little crazy and use an excel spreadsheet for our itinerary, ADRs and touring plans. I also add in rec parks, special parade/show/ fireworks times and characters locations/times. I have another side note chart with info I want saved with tips etc... I add in packing notes and food notes as well. In addition, I bookmark threads or blog posts of interest then combine the info on my master excel spreadsheet. Basically my one excel spreadsheet (with multiple charts and lists) is my master list that combines everything I need for our trip. I don't do well with stuff in multiple places.

This isn't crazy to me... mine is color coded

~Nannette

Old 01-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #1559
mommysdb
Earning My Ears

Hi All,

We will be staying BC CL Deluxe room March 22-26 as part of a 3 resort split stay over 2 weeks. We are now at the point where we enjoy the resorts and the"and more" attractions as much as the parks. One day, we would like to walk over to Fantasia Gardens mini golf. How long would this take to walk?

Thanks!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #1560
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east
(I just realized that the food menu I posted had no prices! Sorry I didn't take a photo with the prices...)
WOW!! Yum!!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: