Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #2476
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Just back from a wonderful stay at BWV!!!

Loved our room location.. 2054. Close to the lobby and Luna Park Pool!!

Loved the resort. Beautiful and lots to do.. Loved International Gateway entrance.. Never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus and always had a seat!! But missed the monorail......

Second favorite resort so far ( Grand is still my favorite although not always in my budget)

Loved it so much that I rented last minute points at a discount for March 8-10 !!!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #2477
thecheesewhiz
Earning My Ears

I'll be checking in a week from today! First stay at BWV. Looking forward. I'll have to remember to update you all on the pool and wifi, since everyone is always asking.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #2478
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

When you stay standard view club level what kind of "view" do you get? We are going in a few months and I want to make sure we have a great view. Not sure if those rooms look at the lake or get a view of the fireworks... Can someone enlighten me??

2003-POR
2011- Poly TPV
2012- POR/BWI
2015- AKLV/BWV
Old 01-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #2479
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze
Nevermind I see it, my eyesight is going
Which Spice Girl can I be?
Jealous of Christmas Tags

We stayed CL standard room last week. It overlooked the quiet pool, same side as the lounge. You can see some of Illuminations from the balcony.

It was very nice but my favorite view is from the Polynesian. I love watching the castles change colors. Haven't stayed at BLT
Old 01-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #2480
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFFYCAT View Post
We stayed CL standard room last week. It overlooked the quiet pool, same side as the lounge. You can see some of Illuminations from the balcony.

It was very nice but my favorite view is from the Polynesian. I love watching the castles change colors. Haven't stayed at BLT
We were granted major pixie dust last year when the POR royal rooms were not finished. We got a TPV at the Poly with an amazing view of the castle. That was a once in a lifetime opportunity!

2003-POR
2011- Poly TPV
2012- POR/BWI
2015- AKLV/BWV
Old 01-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #2481
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post

Loved the resort. Beautiful and lots to do.. Loved International Gateway entrance.. Never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus and always had a seat!! But missed the monorail......

Second favorite resort so far ( Grand is still my favorite although not always in my budget)

Loved it so much that I rented last minute points at a discount for March 8-10 !!!
Glad to hear you had a great time! Was it a studio/1BDRM/2BDRM?? I'd love to stay on that end and need to figure out where to request to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecheesewhiz View Post
I'll be checking in a week from today! First stay at BWV. Looking forward. I'll have to remember to update you all on the pool and wifi, since everyone is always asking.
Can't wait to hear your reviews!
Old 01-22-2013, 04:41 AM   #2482
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksand View Post
How is the wireless internet? I've heard mixed things. I don't much care about my view, but we will need a room with good wireless - DH may have to work from the hotel room a bit, unfortunately. Are some spots in the hotel better than others?
Last March at BWI it wasn't so great in the room. You would have to log-off and log back on to get the connection "going" again. We didn't use WiFi anywhere else in the resort but the room so I can't comment on other locations within BWI. My iPhone's Verizon connection worked much better there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monorailmom View Post
We just booked our BWV trip for August...9 nights!! So excited!!! We are in a standard view 2br, wondering what to request. My DH would like to be close to places he can refill his mug, so I'm thinking about asking to be close to the lobby? Does that make sense? Any other suggestions?
Congratulations on booking! Here are BW mug refill locations:

Boardwalk Joes (I think this is the only location where you refill yourself)
The temporary Bakery location
Seashore Sweets
Leaping Horse Libations (I think this is the only onsite location)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post

Thank you and welcome home. I'll have to put your room comment up on the first page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecheesewhiz View Post
I hope you have a great vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynamewastaken View Post
When you stay standard view club level what kind of "view" do you get? We are going in a few months and I want to make sure we have a great view. Not sure if those rooms look at the lake or get a view of the fireworks... Can someone enlighten me??
There are no bookable CL view, they are all called STD and by-request only. They include Garden/Pool/Epcot views and BW/Lake views. Make sure to note your preference by emailing the IPO who will place your request into your reservation, however, the request can't be guaranteed.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #2483
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Thanks for the great thread...

Just upgraded DH and I to the BWI SV for our 24th Anniversary trip April 21-26.

I requested a balcony. Any other suggestions for a room?
Old 01-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #2484
gogo
DIS Veteran

Noise at BWI

We are just back today from a very enjoyable stay at the BWI. I have a question to ask the BWI experts. I want to post a review or a small TR on the resorts thread later but I was hoping someone could answer this question.

We were given a room on the 4th floor, standard CL at the very end of the hallway (last room) by one of the stairwells. There was a very annoying noise coming from below our room just past the fence at the edge of the resort. I could not see what the noise was from due to the heavy trees and tall, solid fence. It sounded like a couple of things for instance a diesel truck running, a generator , construction or maybe just air conditioning units.

This location is the section of rooms and garden suites located in the corner past the courtyard pool. I walked around the grounds below our room and the noise was really irritating (at least to me it was). Others may not mind but if I'm sitting on my balcony with a cup of coffee or a glass of wine or talking on my cel phone this was a definite distraction.

We asked to be moved after spending one day/night in this room. In the morning of our move I could actually hear the noise with the balcony door closed around 6:00 a.m.

I am curious because I really like the BWI, this was our second stay, and if I book again I would want to avoid this section. I was wondering if this is a temporary noise???
Old 01-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #2485
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

I called Disney to add a request to my reservation for an Epcot view and was told I should call the resort directly within 5 days of leaving to make the request directly. Has anyone ever done this before?
Old 01-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #2486
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis908
I called Disney to add a request to my reservation for an Epcot view and was told I should call the resort directly within 5 days of leaving to make the request directly. Has anyone ever done this before?
I'm sorry, you got a misinformed CM. Unless you're staying club level, there's no way to contact the resort directly. Call back and hopefully you get a better CM.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #2487
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo View Post
We are just back today from a very enjoyable stay at the BWI. I have a question to ask the BWI experts. I want to post a review or a small TR on the resorts thread later but I was hoping someone could answer this question.

We were given a room on the 4th floor, standard CL at the very end of the hallway (last room) by one of the stairwells. There was a very annoying noise coming from below our room just past the fence at the edge of the resort. I could not see what the noise was from due to the heavy trees and tall, solid fence. It sounded like a couple of things for instance a diesel truck running, a generator , construction or maybe just air conditioning units.

This location is the section of rooms and garden suites located in the corner past the courtyard pool. I walked around the grounds below our room and the noise was really irritating (at least to me it was). Others may not mind but if I'm sitting on my balcony with a cup of coffee or a glass of wine or talking on my cel phone this was a definite distraction.

We asked to be moved after spending one day/night in this room. In the morning of our move I could actually hear the noise with the balcony door closed around 6:00 a.m.

I am curious because I really like the BWI, this was our second stay, and if I book again I would want to avoid this section. I was wondering if this is a temporary noise???
Our first room was fantastic until the roof let in, we were then moved to a lovely suite but I was awake all night, the room was between the lounge and the entrance door. The following morning I did the same and went to investigate and I put it down to a generator or A/C unit on the roof under a decorative chimney which was directly above where my bed was. Luckily we were only there for two nights, I am a really light sleeper though so it doesn't take much to disturb me.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #2488
pinksand
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
there's no way to contact the resort directly.
You can't call the hotel? At all? What if you need the Front Desk?
My Stay in the Disneyland Dream Suite
Old 01-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #2489
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksand

I was transferred to the animal kingdoms front desk when I had an issue. I just called the regular number and the cm sent me through
Old 01-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #2490
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksand

You need to go down to the front desk.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: