Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #76
Conorama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 223

Oh - I'm envious. I ended up going in to work for 3 hours today to try to get ahead. At least I'm not as far behind! I didn't get to that magical list (I make the same one), but I should now be able to tomorrow.

We too call and confirm all hotel things... so I've assigned that to my husband, since today was my last day off before we leave. Hmph. (And yes, I went into work.)

I have honestly no idea what we'll be doing in 2 weeks... (well, technically, I think we'll be eating or finishing up eating), but that, in itself, is awesome.
__________________
Conorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:50 PM   #77
cblack
Mousketeer
 
cblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: near St. Louis, MO
Posts: 673

Exciting Mail Day!!

Let me set the stage...driving home and talking to DH. Me: Did we get anything in the mail (anxiously awaiting 4 packages, here)? DH: Yeah, you got something in a white bag. Me: OK....what is it? DH: I don't know.

We hang up. I don't know why I enjoy asking about the mail, but this here folks, is the excitement of our daily lives! Are you sure you want to keep reading? Think hard... I get home and see the white bag, but immediately to the left of the white bag are two orange envelopes (Shutterfly's envelopes are orange, for those of you who haven't ordered from them). WOOHOO! 3 of 4 packages have arrived! Apparently, bright orange, oversized envelopes that are found in the mailbox do not register on DH's radar as mail...just white bags.

We received our matching shirts for pirate night. I normally don't like matching, but I didn't want to do the costume thing and was too lazy to try to think of color combinations:


We received Jayden's autograph book:




And, we received the invitations I...er...Mickey and Cinderella made for the cruise and dinner:


Just one more package that must arrive in the next week and two days, and I have not received the notice that it shipped. I am confident it will arrive, and if it doesn't, we will improvise.

11 more sleeps until we leave! I was reminded by one of my cruisemates that we leave NEXT WEEK! How awesome is that!
__________________
Magic Eastern Caribbean - 1/29/11, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 1/26/13 (Trip Report: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3059188), WDW - 12/7/13, Magic Southern Caribbean - 9/27/14

cblack is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #78
sarbah77
DIS Veteran
 
sarbah77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,396

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblack View Post

11 more sleeps until we leave! I was reminded by one of my cruisemates that we leave NEXT WEEK! How awesome is that!


__________________
off-site 1985, FW 1989 & 1993, Treehouse Villas 2001, off-site 2005, POR 2007 & 2009x2, Pop 2011, Dream 2011, CBR 2011, Pop 2013, Fantasy 2013, POFQ 2013

sarbah77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #79
cblack
Mousketeer
 
cblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: near St. Louis, MO
Posts: 673

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbah77



Yes, Sarbah, you are said cruise mate
__________________
Magic Eastern Caribbean - 1/29/11, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 1/26/13 (Trip Report: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3059188), WDW - 12/7/13, Magic Southern Caribbean - 9/27/14

cblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #80
sarbah77
DIS Veteran
 
sarbah77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,396

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblack View Post
Yes, Sarbah, you are said cruise mate





(sorry. will not reply only in emoticons) NEXT WEEK!
__________________
off-site 1985, FW 1989 & 1993, Treehouse Villas 2001, off-site 2005, POR 2007 & 2009x2, Pop 2011, Dream 2011, CBR 2011, Pop 2013, Fantasy 2013, POFQ 2013

sarbah77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #81
Luckymomoftwo
DIS Veteran
 
Luckymomoftwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hobart, Indiana
Posts: 4,389

I LOVE the Pirate Night t-shirts! Where did you get them from?
__________________
ME DH DS(14) DD(10)
šoš My family and friends all think I'm crazy because I live, eat, and breathe Disney. I just can't seem to get them to join in on my passion of all things Disney. šoš

Luckymomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #82
cblack
Mousketeer
 
cblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: near St. Louis, MO
Posts: 673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckymomoftwo
I LOVE the Pirate Night t-shirts! Where did you get them from?
Thank you! We ordered them from beecustomapparel on Etsy.
__________________
Magic Eastern Caribbean - 1/29/11, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 1/26/13 (Trip Report: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3059188), WDW - 12/7/13, Magic Southern Caribbean - 9/27/14

cblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #83
cblack
Mousketeer
 
cblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: near St. Louis, MO
Posts: 673

Packing and Last Minute Preparations

We are going on a cruise THIS WEEK!!!

This weekend was very productive! Spent Saturday night (yeah, I know...I know how to have a good time ) going through Jayden's packing list and my packing list. Everything was either put into a suitcase, marked to be bought and packed on Monday, or packed on Thursday/Friday depending on when it will last be used. Today, while driving to see family, Jeremy and I worked on his list since I will be doing his packing. I already added many of his items to the suitcases and those that aren't will be tomorrow.

One last shopping trip (I hope) tomorrow and then the goal is to get our checked luggage completely packed, tagged, and weighed (and likely rearranged). I was recently reminded that last time I attempted to weigh our luggage, I ripped my big toe nail off. This was the day before we left on our last cruise. I am already strategizing to ensure this does not happen again. The shopping trip tomorrow is pretty light, and is more heavily weighted on making sure our house/dog sitter and dogs have food while we are gone. Also, last time we traveled, our heater decided to stop working while we were gone. Our "heater guy" is coming tomorrow to make sure we are good to go. And he knows that if we are gone and he gets a call from the house/dog sitter that we will cover it.

My memory is not as good as it was, oh a couple years ago, so this time, I created an itinerary for us. It is just a couple pages and includes all of our reservation numbers/numbers to call if there are issues. That way, I am not digging through emails wondering if our pickup is at 9 or 9:30. Its all in one place, and I hope it helps me stay sane and worry less.

The plans for this week...tomorrow is shopping/packing, Tuesday-Wednesday is traveling to DC for work, and Thursday is working from home/laundry/cleaning/final packing. Thursday night we have swimming lessons and then, after Jayden goes to bed, we plan on getting the surprise ready and hopefully get some sleep. After organizing Saturday night, I feel much more comfortable that I have not forgotten something.

Things to worry about this week...I need to call and make sure all reservations are confirmed, I need to pray that I do not get stranded in DC due to travel/weather issues, and I need to pray that none of us get sick.

Only 5 more sleeps before we fly down! YAAAHHHOOOO!
__________________
Magic Eastern Caribbean - 1/29/11, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 1/26/13 (Trip Report: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3059188), WDW - 12/7/13, Magic Southern Caribbean - 9/27/14

cblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #84
Conorama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblack View Post


One last shopping trip (I hope) tomorrow and then the goal is to get our checked luggage completely packed, tagged, and weighed (and likely rearranged). I was recently reminded that last time I attempted to weigh our luggage, I ripped my big toe nail off. This was the day before we left on our last cruise. I am already strategizing to ensure this does not happen again. The shopping trip tomorrow is pretty light, and is more heavily weighted on making sure our house/dog sitter and dogs have food while we are gone. Also, last time we traveled, our heater decided to stop working while we were gone. Our "heater guy" is coming tomorrow to make sure we are good to go. And he knows that if we are gone and he gets a call from the house/dog sitter that we will cover it.

My memory is not as good as it was, oh a couple years ago, so this time, I created an itinerary for us. It is just a couple pages and includes all of our reservation numbers/numbers to call if there are issues. That way, I am not digging through emails wondering if our pickup is at 9 or 9:30. Its all in one place, and I hope it helps me stay sane and worry less.

The plans for this week...tomorrow is shopping/packing, Tuesday-Wednesday is traveling to DC for work, and Thursday is working from home/laundry/cleaning/final packing. Thursday night we have swimming lessons and then, after Jayden goes to bed, we plan on getting the surprise ready and hopefully get some sleep. After organizing Saturday night, I feel much more comfortable that I have not forgotten something.

Things to worry about this week...I need to call and make sure all reservations are confirmed, I need to pray that I do not get stranded in DC due to travel/weather issues, and I need to pray that none of us get sick.

Only 5 more sleeps before we fly down! YAAAHHHOOOO!
4 sleeps as of tonight. Your week sounds crazy - oh my! My husband appears to have learned from the "what do you mean, I didn't pack any swim shirts" debacle of last year, so he's actually checked his bag a few times. Progress!

Conor's stuff is mostly ready, except for the things we can't pack until the night before ... fortunately, not much, since it's FREEZING here, so no need for any warm weather gear right now. He's not trying to "help" as much this time, which is, in fact, helpful! He did pick out 7 books to bring with us and I've been instructed to pack those.

I hear you on the memory thing - lists are essential! OK, back to packing my stuff (always the last). See you on Saturday!
__________________
Conorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #85
andersonfamily
Mouseketeer
 
andersonfamily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 268

Reading this thread has cracked me up. I'm glad I'm not the only one who obsessively makes lists and packs in baskets for family trips, but wings it for work trips.

I hope you have a FANTASTIC trip!
__________________
2011 Dream 4 Day Cruise
2012 Dream 5 Day Cruise
2013 Fantasy 7 Day Cruise
2014 Fantasy 7 Day Cruise 3/15/2014
DD9, DD7, DS5





andersonfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #86
Jane1967
Disney Dreamer
 
Jane1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 301

Just sat here and read this whole thread. LOVE IT!! I am such and organizer as well and it is hilarious to read your report!! We will be taking the same cruise on March 9th. Can not wait to hear the response from your daughter when she finds everything out. Looking forward to hearing about the cruise when you return as well. My head is starting to spin with things I need to do. First up is to finish my DD7 count down calendar. She does know about the cruise, but doesn't know I am creating a countdown. Next is to make our FE. We do have our FE gifts, but nothing put together or organized yet. Gotta run for my DS12's basketball game. Oh, btw... I am not far from you...in Southern IL.
__________________


Disney Wonder February 2009
Disney World February 2009
Disney Wonder June 2009
Disney Dream June 2011
Disney Fantasy March 2013
Disney World May 2014
Disney Fantasy May 2015

Last edited by Jane1967; 01-22-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Jane1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #87
cblack
Mousketeer
 
cblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: near St. Louis, MO
Posts: 673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conorama View Post
4 sleeps as of tonight. Your week sounds crazy - oh my! My husband appears to have learned from the "what do you mean, I didn't pack any swim shirts" debacle of last year, so he's actually checked his bag a few times. Progress!

Conor's stuff is mostly ready, except for the things we can't pack until the night before ... fortunately, not much, since it's FREEZING here, so no need for any warm weather gear right now. He's not trying to "help" as much this time, which is, in fact, helpful! He did pick out 7 books to bring with us and I've been instructed to pack those.

I hear you on the memory thing - lists are essential! OK, back to packing my stuff (always the last). See you on Saturday!
YAY! Only 3 more sleeps now! And this one (for me) will be in a hotel with a guarantee that I won't be visited by a child or dog...at least I hope not. Hopefully, that means a good night of sleep! I almost forgot Jeremy's underwear. We created this fantastic list, or so I thought, and it didn't include those. That would teach him to ask me to pack for him

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersonfamily View Post
Reading this thread has cracked me up. I'm glad I'm not the only one who obsessively makes lists and packs in baskets for family trips, but wings it for work trips.

I hope you have a FANTASTIC trip!
Thanks for reading along! I'm glad that I am in good company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1967 View Post
Just sat here and read this whole thread. LOVE IT!! I am such and organizer as well and it is hilarious to read your report!! We will be taking the same cruise on March 9th. Can not wait to hear the response from your daughter when she finds everything out. Looking forward to hearing about the cruise when you return as well. My head is starting to spend with things I need to do. First up is to finish my DD7 count down calendar. She does know about the cruise, but doesn't know I am creating a countdown. Next is to make our FE. We do have our FE gifts, but nothing put together or organized yet. Gotta run for my DS12's basketball game. Oh, btw... I am not far from you...in Southern IL.
Thanks for reading! I do plan to do a post-trip report, and hopefully it will be done before you go! That will be a good goal for me! I hope that her reaction is "you tube" worthy...but, we will have to see! We probably are very close to one another, because my "near STL" really means the south-western side of Illinois
__________________
Magic Eastern Caribbean - 1/29/11, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 1/26/13 (Trip Report: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3059188), WDW - 12/7/13, Magic Southern Caribbean - 9/27/14

cblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #88
sarbah77
DIS Veteran
 
sarbah77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,396

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblack View Post
YAY! Only 3 more sleeps now! And this one (for me) will be in a hotel with a guarantee that I won't be visited by a child or dog...at least I hope not. Hopefully, that means a good night of sleep! I almost forgot Jeremy's underwear. We created this fantastic list, or so I thought, and it didn't include those. That would teach him to ask me to pack for him
I think my Jeremy wants me to ask me to pack for him but he just... hasn't been able to do it. Of course, I don't know where he keeps key things, like a swim suit, so there's not a lot of point in asking me to do it!
__________________
off-site 1985, FW 1989 & 1993, Treehouse Villas 2001, off-site 2005, POR 2007 & 2009x2, Pop 2011, Dream 2011, CBR 2011, Pop 2013, Fantasy 2013, POFQ 2013

sarbah77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #89
cblack
Mousketeer
 
cblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: near St. Louis, MO
Posts: 673

We leave tomorrow!!!

I am SO excited right now! I am finishing up last minute work things, but am pretty much "done enough" to call it good. I have everything packed that can be -- the rest will need to be packed tomorrow after we get dressed. The house is clean(ish) and stocked with food, so the house/dog sitter should be happy. Let's see, important stuff...the toenails are painted, laundry is done, can you tell I'm running out of things to keep me busy??? Oh well, Jayden will be ready for swimming in a couple hours and that will make the rest of the evening fly by.

At this point, all I have left to do is wait and be excited! And I am doing one of those really well the other...not so much! I am going to officially switch this down to an hourly countdown. We will be leaving for breakfast/the airport in 18 hours!!!! AHHHHHHH!

Some of my fellow cruisers are already in Florida and are reporting that the weather is good. A quick check of the weather at each of our ports shows great weather, too!

Hopefully our surprise reveal goes well in the morning - we plan to capture it on video, so if it is youtube-worthy, I will definitely post.

See you all in the post-trip report!
__________________
Magic Eastern Caribbean - 1/29/11, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 1/26/13 (Trip Report: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3059188), WDW - 12/7/13, Magic Southern Caribbean - 9/27/14

cblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #90
Jane1967
Disney Dreamer
 
Jane1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 301

Oh gosh...SO EXCITED for you! BonVoyage!! Have an AWESOME vacation!!! Can't wait to hear how it all went!
__________________


Disney Wonder February 2009
Disney World February 2009
Disney Wonder June 2009
Disney Dream June 2011
Disney Fantasy March 2013
Disney World May 2014
Disney Fantasy May 2015
Jane1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
12000, concierge, eastern, fantasy, san juan



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Đ 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: