Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #871
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVERENOUGHWDW View Post
I'll PM you not comfortable posting it here.
Very nice picture I had asked about the place in FL too just curious you don't have to share or you could PM it yout choice

A Story of Hope & The Power of Dis<--- THE cake see post # 2000

Luvchefmic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:51 PM   #872
bwvBound
DVC SSR & other timeshare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
I'm thrilled for you both & so glad she has recovered so well !

Now tell me what it all means, are you going for Parelli certification to be a trainer instructor? So happy for you
would love to see pics what's her name ?
Thank you!

We are now home from our wonderful vacation in South Africa. Saw lots of wildlife ... up close, on the roads, often without any other car around to crowd us. It was an awesome trip!

My mare is Easter Lady. Sorry, I don't have any photos loaded in spots with public access. Easter is a smaller Standardbred (14.3h if I fluff the mane just a tad) with slender legs; coloring is dark bay with black points; her eyes are large and expressive; her ears a bit oversized; her legs show a smidge of fringe/feathering at the fetlocks; her summer coat is a very short/fine hair showing a dark golden mottled pattern if the sun hits it just right. She loves to move her feet (more 'go' than 'whoa'), is mouthy, playful, teasing, intuitive , curious and often asks if she may, please, be the boss.

I've been taking the Parelli courses (online, DVD, live events) in order to stay a few steps ahead of Easter. Compared to my compliant, complacent, "I-just-want-to-stand-still-and-smell-the-flowers" gelding, she is pushing me to up my game! So far, the program has improved my skills in reading the horse, increased clarity in my communications, taught me when to release, and supplied me with lots of learning games to play with both horses every visit. I'll keep taking the assessments (auditions) to make sure we aren't skipping components of our progress.

I'm currently working on improving our sideways from the ground with increasingly subtle gestures. I've also started to ask her to move sideways over an obstacle (ground pole, barrels, etc.). We should have already perfected backing through a gate (on the ground w/out touching her) -- but that is still causing a few responses of uncertainty. It is getting better ... phew!

If nothing else, it is fun to watch bystander's expressions when they see me backing both horses out the barn, at the same time, each on about 8ft of lead away from my body, with a simple wiggle of my finger and stern expression on my face. Both horses respect my space and are (mostly) watchful for my cues. That feels great!
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 07:52 PM   #873
Restrasz
Mouseketeer

I have a message from RuthIE (luvchefmic): She was injured at work Tuesday night . She was thrown from a vehicle and broke her right shoulder and sprained her left wrist! She's at home but is in a lot of serious pain and unable to do the simplest of things. She's asked for our prayers that she will heal quickly and find someone to help with her pets. She's very worried about her horse as well as her dogs. I will update for her as soon as she shares more with me. Have a great day! Ruth
Restrasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:00 PM   #874
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Oh NO! Feel better Ruth!!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:03 PM   #875
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrasz View Post
I have a message from RuthIE (luvchefmic): She was injured at work Tuesday night . She was thrown from a vehicle and broke her right shoulder and sprained her left wrist! She's at home but is in a lot of serious pain and unable to do the simplest of things. She's asked for our prayers that she will heal quickly and find someone to help with her pets. She's very worried about her horse as well as her dogs. I will update for her as soon as she shares more with me. Have a great day! Ruth
Oh no!!!! I broke my shoulder in 2004 and it was AWFUL!! I Wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:47 AM   #876
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
They don't call them crackberries for nothing!
talk about chafing!

Oh no, I hope she feels better soon and heals quickly!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:58 AM   #877
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
They don't call them crackberries for nothing!
talk about chafing!

Has everyone seen the 2013 Budweiser commercial for this year's Super Bowl? If not, go to Youtube and find it. I've watched it several times and keep crying over it. I'm such a sap. It has to be their best one yet!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #878
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore'sthebest View Post
Has everyone seen the 2013 Budweiser commercial for this year's Super Bowl? If not, go to Youtube and find it. I've watched it several times and keep crying over it. I'm such a sap. It has to be their best one yet!!!
I saw it yesterday!! It's awesome!
Old 02-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #879
bwvBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrasz View Post
Praying now!

Please PM me with a bit more info on specific location in/around Orlando? I've put out a call in my horsey circles -- but I'm certain the first question will want to know "where"? Please let RuthIE know we are praying!
Old 02-08-2013, 11:26 PM   #880
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Smile hello my friends...

well I just wanted to tell you that I have felt your good wishes and prayers
I also thank my good friend Ruth (who doesnt go by Ruthie and I dont go by Ruth) for letting you all know what happened Its been a rough go since it happened 3 am Jan 29

I wasnt ejected from a car I was thrown from the back of a golfcart at work
Driver going too fast it 'fishtailed' found myself airborne and landed face first on asphalt tumbled & then landed again hard on my back Never so scared in my life
Miracle no facial bone breaks no internal bleeding no broken vertebrae did fracture right shoulder pain has been excrutiating

Upside I am going to be getting help with Maxine & people know its going to be many months of committment of mucking

note to bwvBound it was a pleasure to talk to you so sorry I missed your last call I think I was in a drug induced nap but your message was very touching to me & yes prayers answerd a co-worker & his daughter are coming Sun (with an 80 mile R/T too) for several hours of horsekeeping what a love offering

Love you all,
Ruthie

Old 02-09-2013, 08:12 AM   #881
luvsmickeymouse
Opt to Adopt!

OH, no Ruthie, I just read about your accident. I hope you are ok! I am praying for you and will check here for updates.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #882
bwvBound

Ruthie, I'm soooo glad to hear of the help with Maxine! What an answer to prayer! We will continue praying! Hugs!
Old 02-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #883
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

thank you I was hoping you would pop in here so hard to get in touch when daily living is exhausting...bwvBound getting a house phone Monday planning to call you later that day or OR Tues...whens good time ?

Kathy NH glad you are here too ! Also hope you didnt get that snow, my family NY got slammed

keep in touch prayers appreciated

ok want to hear all about horses pls ladies, need to smile just a bit more

Last edited by Luvchefmic; 02-09-2013 at 08:17 PM. Reason: x
Old 02-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #884
luvsmickeymouse
Opt to Adopt!

Quote:
thank you I was hoping you would pop in here so hard to get in touch when daily living is exhausting...bwvBound getting a house phone Monday planning to call you later that day or OR Tues...whens good time ?

Kathy NH glad you are here too ! Also hope you didnt get that snow, my family NY got slammed

keep in touch prayers appreciated

Yes Ruthie, we have 2 feet of snow! UGH!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #885
bwvBound

Quote:
bwvBound getting a house phone Monday planning to call you later that day or OR Tues...whens good time ?
I'll send you a PM! Mondays are best, I have no meetings! Tuesdays I'm socked with Meeting Marathons Looking forward to our chat!

Quote:
I got three visits with my two this week: Monday, Saturday and today (Sunday). Reggie was waiting for me at the gate of the gelding paddock each and every time -- waving his nose for me to please hurry!. I'm so glad both for his friendly gesture and for his being by the gate. He spared me from having to wade across a very muddy paddock given recent rain and snow.

Easter was a serious pill-bug. She is showing me lots of attitude for my having gone off on vacation: rearing, pouting, pulling, rolling, stomping, etc. It has taken three very solid sessions of groundwork with her to rebuild our relationship, regain the trust/respect and to for her to find her brain. The good news, we've covered quite a bit in these sessions and I'm once again seeing a thoughtful, thinking, playful horse. By mid-session today, she was going nicely playing "follow me" at liberty in the arena: walk, trot, circle and backup. She is is still distrustful of backing through obstacles (specifically gates) but offered some very lovely sideways at the rail. I'm hoping to soon get the same w/out having a rail to follow.

Most importantly, I'm hoping she keeps her sensible nature and doesn't kick the farrier when he visits on Tuesday. (Ugh. Yes, she was that disagreeable this weekend ... I'm worried.)

Oh, oh, oh -- we were supposed to tell you stories that would make you smile. Back to Reggie for a bit ...

So, we had snow on Friday evening and very low temps all through Saturday. After our workout, I was grooming Reggie inside an open barn. The ranch workers were clearing snow off equipment and moved a flat trailer, used for moving hay, to face the sun hoping to melt about 3" of snow accumulated on that surface.

Reggie saw the movement out of the corner of his eye and grew very restless. It appeared, from his viewpoint, like a giant mirror being moved and reflecting light in bright flashes. Very scary!!

I led him over to investigate. He grew very tall and started bouncing a bit like Tigger (sproinggggg!). Eventually, after 10 minutes of pacing and showing skeptical glances, he found courage to touch the strange, shiny, white, shimmery platform with his nose. Ah-ha! It is good! Reggie found bits of hay leftovers sitting under the snow. With that discovery, the scary white platform became his immediate BFF and he worked to clear the snow and polish off the free food. LOL -- what a goofy gelding.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: