Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 02:31 AM   #301
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

If you go to the national indian child welfare page on Facebook they have a wonderful picture of her reading a fairy tale book with her father. Not only does she look happy with him but she is the spitting image of her father. Leave her with her father now and watch her thrive in his love.
PaulaSB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #302
Coonhound
DIS Veteran

I feel that this adoption seemed shady.

I think the adoptive parents- in their understandable desperation to keep the child they were given- overlooked and swept under the rug valid concerns about whether everything had been done legally.

I think Veronica is now where she belongs and that's all I will say about that.

Oh well one more thing, I am not sure if you legally have to have the parent's permission to post photos of a child? If I were Veronica's dad, I would want them to stop using my child's photographs. The C's are putting Veronica's photos everywhere- online, distributions, fundraising items that are sold etc. It sounds harsh but she is not their child, the adoption was never finalized was it?? I think Veronica's dad has a right to say not to use her photos on all their stuff. I don't know if anyone has addressed this issue, but I'm just saying if I were her dad I would want them to stop posting my child's photos all over the internet and using them in fundraising materials.
Coonhound is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #303
palmtreegirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippingalong View Post
They will hear Veronica's case. Hoping for some justice. Finally.
Yes, hopefully she'll get to stay with her Dad, where she belongs. That would be justice.
palmtreegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #304
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

I find the attitude that they are saving her worrying. What are they saving her from a loving birth family knowing both of her cultures, from what I hear she is learning both neither of which the paps did. His ex and mother of his older daughter is fighting on his side as she says he is a wonderful father. Also their friends on the save veronica Facebook page are scary threatening to grab her to take her back saying the father will abuse her, all the same kinds of comments being made in the Leah frei adoption case where a man moves due to army orders Carly's on supporting his now ex wife and ten days after he left she snuck over to Utah to put her daughter up for adoption but the freis are saying their heart demands that she stay with them wrong again.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:38 AM   #305
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonhound View Post
I feel that this adoption seemed shady.

I think the adoptive parents- in their understandable desperation to keep the child they were given- overlooked and swept under the rug valid concerns about whether everything had been done legally.

I think Veronica is now where she belongs and that's all I will say about that.

Oh well one more thing, I am not sure if you legally have to have the parent's permission to post photos of a child? If I were Veronica's dad, I would want them to stop using my child's photographs. The C's are putting Veronica's photos everywhere- online, distributions, fundraising items that are sold etc. It sounds harsh but she is not their child, the adoption was never finalized was it?? I think Veronica's dad has a right to say not to use her photos on all their stuff. I don't know if anyone has addressed this issue, but I'm just saying if I were her dad I would want them to stop posting my child's photos all over the internet and using them in fundraising materials.
No, the adoption was never finalized and Ronnie is not their child. What they are doing is creepy and makes them look desperate and pathetic.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #306
Poohforyou
DIS Veteran

And some people question why some choose to adopt internationally.
Poohforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #307
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohforyou View Post
And some people question why some choose to adopt internationally.
Yes because people want a baby so much they don't care if they are part of the world wide baby stealing market.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #308
Poohforyou
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaSB12 View Post
Yes because people want a baby so much they don't care if they are part of the world wide baby stealing market.
Yes, every internationally adopted child was snatched from its mother's arms and sold on the black market.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #309
badblackpug
If you knew her you would be shocked!

Quote:
I don't know what your personal issue with adoption is, nor do I care, but, as an adoptive parent, I find almost every single comment you have made on this thread to be ignorant and quite insulting.

You have taken what are a minority of issues in adoptions and twisted it to suit your own very twisted agenda.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #310
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by badblackpug View Post
I don't know what your personal issue with adoption is, nor do I care, but, as an adoptive parent, I find almost every single comment you have made on this thread to be ignorant and quite insulting.

You have taken what are a minority of issues in adoptions and twisted it to suit your own very twisted agenda.
Adoption can be beautiful but you have to ake sure
1 on an domestic adoption both parents are willling other wise forget it
2 that you use a reputable agency for international adoptions the sale of babies is now a multi billion industry and you cant ignore it.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #311
Coonhound
DIS Veteran

Well, I would not go so far as to say every international adoption is black market. That is a little extreme. I don't think that is true at all.

But what I find disturbing is that I know a lot of people who have adopted internationally and they have admitted that they did that to avoid being involved with the families, having to have a lot of contact with the birth mom, etc. Because here in the US, a lot of people want to have open adoptions and be in contact with their child, whereas within foreign adoptions, there is a lot of distance to seperate you so there cannot be as much contact. You don't have to worry about people from the child's past cropping up into the picture.

Now, I will add that I also know a family that saves up and goes to a foreign country every summer so that their child can visit with their birth family. ...although with them, I always think about how that birth mom gave up her child ONLY because she didn't have the money to raise her...so it is sort of sad that even though she gets to see her child every summer, she is not the one getting to raise the child..when the birth family has enough money, but...rather than helping a child stay with her mom....they get to keep her.

I don't know, I sound like I am against adoption, and I'm NOT. I am in favor of adoption. But...sometimes I feel like if money is the only barrier that keeps you from getting to raise your own child, that's not a god enough reason.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #312
badblackpug
If you knew her you would be shocked!

Quote:
2 that you use a reputable agency for international adoptions the sale of babies is now a multi billion industry and you cant ignore it.
I have adopted 4 children, all domestically, all privately, I am very aware of what needs to be done.

You have, consistently, throughout this thread, made ignorant and insulting comments about adoptive parents and adoption, in general.

You, very apparently, have an issue with adoption, and, as I said before, you have taken what is a relatively rare, but highly publicized issue, and twisted it to fit your own agenda.

Your comments about adoptive parents and the adoption process have been incredibly rude and insulting.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #313
Poohforyou
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Both pretty basic concepts in the adoption world.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #314
Coonhound
DIS Veteran

Not to the C's, though.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:39 AM   #315
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

More their friends at saver veronica rose, from what are they saving her from? A loving father? From knowing the cultures of both of her families? The same arguments being used in this case are being used in the Taleala/leah adoption case a case involving the daughter of a married soldier.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: