Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 09:27 PM   #31
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectmatch300 View Post
Thanks for a great TR Toria. I am enjoying following along. Darn, that er keeps calling you!
Welcome aboard! I blame it on this bad strand of Flu going around.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #32
Toria
DIS Veteran

Partial UPD 1/11/13

I stopped where had come unglued on my two lil people for arguing over the which on of them would shower first. After some harsh mumbling, hands on hips and crazy eyes from mommy they decided to promptly stop arguing. After everyone was showered DS headed off to the kids clubs. DD and I went into Nassau for awhile.

The stop was to a Cyber cafe to call DH in Washington D.C.
The charge was .50 a minute which I thought was great. DD and I got to talk and briefly talk about the rocky ride over. OMG!!! I can't believe that I left that out of the first night update. The seas were rough and the boat was rocking a lil too bit for my liking. DD could not even finish her dinner(she stated at dinner that she felt crazy because of the ship rocking ). I had on these 5 inch heels and all I could concentrate on was not falling and breaking an ankle. It was funny to see people to to walk straight and just drift to the right or left. I thought the stabilizers were off, because that is just how bad it was. After DD and I left the cafe, I was on a mission for Chanel earrings(not knock offs either). None of the Jewelry stores carried them. Bummer that was the whole reason besides calling DH. DD wanted to shop so we stopped by the Straw Market.

She slowly picked out a wooden snake that I was not keen on her buying. I am terribly afraid of snakes and I will run from a dead one. There are also ladies standing outside of the market asking if you are looking for purses. They are not allowed to sale them on the inside anymore. After that we headed back to the ship so that DD could go to the kids club. I went back to the room to drop off her snake and I sat on deck 4 for awhile and read a little of my book. DS was running around enjoying himself like he always does. I HAVE MORE PICS TO ADD, BUT PHOTOBUCKET IS ACTING CRAZY!

Last edited by Toria; 01-14-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Toria is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #33
Toria
DIS Veteran

Upd: 1/20/13

After I read my book for about an hour it was time to go DD for lunch. We once again headed to Cabanas. It never really seemed crowded, but it is always hard to find a table near the windows. We chowed down on the shrimp, mussels, mac&cheese, fried rice and dessert. After lunch we were off to find a character or 2.

Miss Daisy was just strolling by, but she did stop and give DD a big hug.
She was happy to get the picture with Mickey, so we headed back to the room. She wanted to check the FE and I wanted a NAP.

She let me NAP about an hour while she watched some cartoons and played with some things she got from the FE. She wanted to go back to the kids clubs to do a Science project, so off we went. She has really wanted to visit the kids clubs more this time around. On the first cruise she did not go as often. After I dropped her off I headed straight to the Future Cruise desk. I was not getting off the ship without doing a dummy booking. I sat there with 3 people in front of me for about 15 minutes. I then decided to just take a card and fill out what I wanted. I dropped it in the box and left to kill some time. While walking around the ship I had finally run across DS. I had not seen him all day. It was really enjoying the Edge and being able to choose what he wanted to do. He had fed himself and was about to play basketball. I reminded him to be back to the room by 4:30 so that he could shower and change for dinner.
These are just 2 pics that I took. For some reason I thought that I had more from my stroll around the ship.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #34
Toria
DIS Veteran

Folded in TR with DH

I am looking through my pics and remembering my trip with DH 6 months prior to this cruise. I am just going to fold that trip in with this one.

DH and I decided to take this trip for our 10 year anniversary. I was asked so many times why take a Disney cruise without the kids. We wanted to experience the adult side of Disney, since DD would not let us on the first cruise. I had worked at the hospital the night before we were due to leave. I ended up leaving work at 10 pm. I had to finish packing a couple of things and I had to harass DH like always to finish packing. The kids bags had been packed for a couple of days now. I showered and fell to sleep with no problem. The next morning we slept until 8 am, then I happily started to make breakfast before we left. I made sure sure that the kids had all their gadgets and books. We packed both cars and prepared to leave for our first stop. We took 2 cars because my mom would be coming in from out-of-town to watch the kids while we were gone. Our next stop was 2 hours away in Alabama, which is where the kids would be staying. Most of my family lives lives there. We made it there in record time, because we were so happy to be starting our vacation. We dropped the kids off at my grandparents house, then we had to go and run errands. We first had to stop and get pedicures and a manicure for me only. We both really needed our feet done, DH on the other hand just need some new feet all together
Just kidding! His feet did need some attention though. The lady that was doing his feet kept asking him if he wanted any color on his toes, LOL! Finally just messing with her, he told her to put some on his big toes only
He did not get that done though and she thought it was funny. We spent an hour there, then it was off to grocery shop for the kids. I will not leave my kids without knowing that I have well stocked the kitchen where they are staying. We spent about another hour in Wal-Mart getting groceries. My kids were calling us by this time to let us know that they were starving and so were we. Next stop was to WINGS N THINGS for dinner to go. How long does it take to make those wings?????
Old 01-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #35
Cheryl726
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your TR, just caught up on the updates! Looks like a nice mommy/kids vacation!
Old 01-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #36
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl726 View Post
Enjoying your TR, just caught up on the updates! Looks like a nice mommy/kids vacation!
It was a blast and I surprised myself how well I handled DH not being there. However I think that is the last time that he will not go with us. He wished that he came along.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #37
Toria
DIS Veteran

Where is that son of mine?

Last we left off I had told DS to be back to the room by 4:30 for dinner. We 4:30 came and went with him not showing up. I called the phone and he was still at the Edge having a blast. I told him to bring his HIND parts on before the rest of his cruise was ruined. He promptly showed up after that threat and quickly showered. Tonight was Animators Palate and it was going to be a great dinner.

It was also Pirate's night this night and we did not dress up for it. We made our way to dinner and we were the first ones to arrive at the table. We sat for maybe 10 mins, then the mother and daughter showed up. We would not be joined by the other couple tonight. Dinner was going great and we were happily participating in the show with Crush and friends. Near the end of Dinner Crush started to to different people. He spoke with this kid in our section because he had on a green shirt. He told him that his shell was cool and were his parents shells not green. After he talked with that kid Crush made his way over to our table. His said he was just drawn to the CANDY(beads) in my daughter's hair. He said that he wanted to eat them. DD was so shy and am surprised that he understood a word that she said. Speaking of her hair; the counselors in the clubs called her Sugar Rush because of her beads. She received many compliments on it throughout the cruise. I told them that I did it and it was my way of getting out of doing hair. Well he talked to us for about 5 minutes or so, then he moved on. We thought that was just great and we have been waiting to interact with him. Before dinner ended DS made his get away back to the clubs. DD and I wondered around for a bit( I was wanting a nap, but lil miss was not feeling it). We decided to go to a couple of the game shows before the Pirate Party and fireworks. We went to the show that involved Dopey. That was pretty hilarious, then we did the dance party. My daughter will not dance for me at home, but tonight she was dancing her lil booty off. I guess Disney will do that to you. Well after that we walked through the adult section before it was adults only time. They set up a hot bar between the clubs and DD was in love with the guacamole and chips. So we sat back outside of the D-Lounge while she chowed down. After that we went and caught the last of the musical. I called DS to check on him, but he would not answer the phone. Once again this lil person was testing my limits, so it was off to find him. We made our way to the Edge and the counselor said that they were at the Aquaduck. Well he can't really answer his phone now can he crazy mommy? I waited for 10 minutes before he made his way off the ride. He said that he was having so much fun, so I left him alone to enjoy. It had started to drizzle by this point, which made me wonder about the Pirate party. We headed back inside for a bit to people watch. When it got about 10 mins away from the Pirate party we tried to head out for the party. Low and behold it was raining cats and dogs. Well no party tonight, so DD and I headed back to the room to turn it in. She was not disappointed at all. She does not care for loud noises, so she happily played with some things in the room. DS came in right on time and it was lights out for all of us.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #38
Toria
DIS Veteran

Folded in TR with DH

It took them about 30 minutes to make those wings and my kids had called again. Well after that we headed back to my grandmothers house to drop off the groceries. DH and I then headed to my aunts house where we would be staying the night. I ate and took a shower then headed to bed. My aunt likes to talk so she kept my husband up for I don't know how long. The next morning I was bright and early, because my mom was coming in and I could not sleep. I got up and readied myself for the day, while DH slumbered on. I left early to pick my mom from the station so that I could gas the car up and stop by Wal-Mart. I guess Wal-Mart will forever be the start to our trips. When I arrived at the station my mom was standing there looking for me. I had forgotten that she did not know that I had a new car and that I had changed my look. I called her a couple of times and she finally reconized me. She gave me a big hug and then I realized she had extra baggage. There was a woman and her 4 year old son standing there with her. She asked me if I could take them home which was supposed to be 10 minutes away. When we left the woman asked if I could stop by McDonalds. Ok and her 10 minute time turned into 20 minutes. I was not happy on the inside, but I did not let it show. This woman had no other way to get home. She said that her and the baby would have walked. Well dropped her off and headed back to my grandmothers house. I dropped off my mom and said my see-ya-laters to DD, gandma and mother. I would have thought that DH was up and out of the bad by now(it was 9:00). He was still snoozing away and I wanted to be on the raod by 9:30.
I dragged him out of the bed and he showered and got dressed. While I was talking to my aunt DH went to gas and wash the truck for my mom. We finally left at 10:00 am

Last edited by Toria; 01-23-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Toria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #39
kalel29
Dis Dad #101

Funny story about the guy and his "daughter". Tell me you have a picture of them...

Dis Dad Member #101
June 2002 - WDW, USO (Offsite), June 2004 - WDW, USO (Offsite), Feb 2007 - Disney Cruise (Wonder) & POFQ *Disneymoon*), July 2010 - POR, June 2013 - Disney Cruise (Fantasy)
kalel29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #40
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel29 View Post
Funny story about the guy and his "daughter". Tell me you have a picture of them...
I did not get a picture of them. When I first approached the table I thought that he was in his mid 30's. It turned out that they were both in their early 20's. So funny!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #41
Toria
DIS Veteran

UPD:Folded in TR with DH 1/23/13

DH and I hit the road around 10:00am and I was so ready to how some he and I time. I must say that it felt really strange not having the kids in the car with us. I was waiting for someone to say that they needed to use the restroom. We were 2 hours into the drive when I started to panic about the passports. I made DH pull over so that I could check the trunk and make sure that they were there. Yes, they were in the trunk in one of my carry one bags. DH stated it would have been a bad start to the trip if they were left at home. The drive down was uneventful, and I only had DH stop once for a restroom break. DD and I are notorious for stopping more than we should. I doused off and on for the other 3 hours of the ride. We were staying at the Crowne Plaza in Orlando pre-cruise. I was not in the car when DH choose the destination in my navigation menu before we left, let's just say he chose the wrong hotel. I quickly changed the destination and got us on the right track. All he could say was I had no clue where we were staying(you could have just asked before you chose the destination ). Anywhoo we arrived at the hotel around 3:00. This hotel did not disappoint and I was happy that I chose it. I am extremely picky about hotels and it is the last thing to get booked when we are traveling. I look for value and almost great ratings/reviews. When I checked in I asked if we could be upgraded and how much it would cost. We were upgraded to the executive level and it was only $40.00 dollars more We headed up to the room and the room was nice, but the views were amazing. We were in the 14th floor and we loved it.

I can't seem to find the pics that I took of the views. If I find them I will upload them. We had a couple of hours to kill before dinner that night, so DH caught up on ESPN and I took a short nap before the executive club opened.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:44 PM   #42
Toria
DIS Veteran

TR with the kids

DS made it in around midnight once again, so I truly fell into a deep sleep. The next morning was Castaway Cay. I did not feel the ship backing into port, so I had no idea that we had made it. We all slept until 9:00 and then it was up to start our day. We arrived to Cabanas around 9:45 and enjoyed breakfast without rushing. As always breakfast was good. After breakfast we went back to the room to get our things before we headed off the ship. Once we were off the ship I saw that they had dressed the island up for the holidays.

There was a huge Christmas tree right outside of the trip, and they had the fake snow blowing. We did not take a picture, but instead we spotted Captain Jack Sparrow. We attempted to get our picture taken, but the line was long. My mission was to find a hammock in the shade. We took the tram and got off at the first stop for Scuttles Cove. I wanted to check DD in, so that she could have fun and enjoy the activities. She was happy to go and check it out, because the last time she did not get to go. I am happy to say that I found a hammock to park myself in for the day. Meanwhile DS was having a minor meltdown, because he could not find the kids from the Edge. After about 30 minutes of being down in the dumps; he found them playing soccer. I laid in the hammock for about an hour, then I decided to go and check on DD. She was happily playing, so I did not bother her. I went back to the hammock and read some of my book.

I was so lost in my book that lunchtime was upon us. I went and picked up DD (who was covered in dried white clay because of the Dino Dig) we stopped and showered her off. We then made our way to Cookies Too. I ran into a lady from my town(small world). After lunch we headed back to the hammock and laid there for about 30 minutes. DD was so ready to get in the water, so off we went! She had this lil ball that she was playing with in the water that was colorful. She liked it and the fish that was swimming around did as well. The fish tried to eat it and they were swimming around you the whole time in the water. I went and brought a chair down to the water and sat for about a hour and a half. DD and I then decided that our time on the beach was done. I ran across DS that was having a mini breakdown, because he wanted to go out to Pelican Plunge. DS has had terrible issues with his ears(many surgeries on them), so needless to say that swimming lessons were not taken. That is going to change this summer though. He said that he would wait for the other kids to come back to shore. He was not the only kid that did not make it out to the Plunge. He started smiling, so DD and I headed back to the ship to shower.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:38 AM   #43
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Lost in the book - Love it!

Great pics of CC.

pooksma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #44
Cheryl726
DIS Veteran

Great update, I LOVE Castaway Cay! That's great that you found a hammock and you didn't have to be the first one off the ship! We still have yet to get one!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:12 PM   #45
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

I enjoyed your photos of Castaway Cay. I want to visit there so bad! We've done 2 DCL cruises so far and neither one included Castaway Cay. I will be sure that our next cruise does!
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: