Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #13
Halbleib1
DIS Veteran

I have no problem with the healthier menus but the meatloaf at BOG looks unappealing even to me. We ordered it for my kids in Dec. They love meatloaf but took one bite at BOG and didn't touch it again. I didn't try it but it looked very dry and overcooked. I have no problem with having some of the normal options on the kids menu as well but it does get old. Esp when you take long trips like we do.

I must say that some of the changes on the adult menu at QS locations were disappointing though. I was very disappointed in the flatbread pizza at Pinocchio Village House. The crust was way too hard and it did not have enough sauce so it was very dry. Also the sauce was not very good either. I much preferred the old pizza there. I understand wanting healthier options but it needs to taste good as well as be healthy. I was also disappointed with some of the menu changes at Pop. Particularly the removal of the cheesesteak wrap.

Much of the food at Disney could use improvements in the taste dept. Esp the pasta at the buffets. I understand they are feeding a lot of people but they are supposed to be chefs and they are putting out a warmed up can of tomato sauce with some meat in it. At least that's what it tastes like to me.. You can do pasta on a large scale and have it taste much better than they do. . Also it doesn't make much of a difference what buffet you pick as they all have pretty much the same food. This also gets old. I must say this last trip when I left Disney I was sick of the food and ready to come home. When we go back I think we will be looking at other options for food. We have had the dining plan for all 6 of our trips but I don't know that we will get it the next time even if they offer free dining.

Our First Christmas at Disney World! Staying at Pop Century December 14-24th!

Halbleib1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: