Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #16
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicb224

I personally loved the food there. We have eaten at a LOT of Disney restaurants, and this was pretty good. Like burgers and fries good.. Not le cellier good. We went with a family of 5. I think the atmosphere won over the awkwardness of the seating. It's fun and different!
Totally agree. Love the food. The spinach dip was yummy. So were the chicken wings, burgers, and shakes. I also love the fact that they brought the ribs back. They're so tasty!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #17
MissTeacher
Waiting for Prince Charming

It's definitely a must-do for me! I couldn't go to DHS and not go there. The theming is amazing, and the food is great too! Best cherry-coke at WDW!

1996 WDW/Sea World Off-property
2002 WDW Off-property
December 2004 WDW/ High School Chorus Trip Off-property
August 2010 WDW All-Star Music
March 2012 Off-property
MissTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #18
pilotwife_02
DIS Veteran

My boys (5 and 6) really enjoy it. They love getting to sit in the "front seat" and getting pretend driver's licenses from the waitress. We also really like their cookies and cream milk shakes.

It's on of our favorite places to hit when we're in HS.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #19
GaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
You have it backwards: You should be concerned with the food (which is terrible), not the seating.. Great atmosphere though..
Really? Did you have a bad experience?
I know the food is not going to be out of this world, but is it really terrible?
Old 01-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #20
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

I have to say if you are going for shakes, burgers and Reuben's it is delish as are the onion rings and spinach dip. That's all we've had there and after several times its still great. I cannot comment on the other food as we haven't had it.
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:55 AM   #21
Billpowerrock
Disney Nut

One of my favorite places to eat. You ll spend more time watching the movie than actually talking.....loads of fun in my opinion.

Bill Kelly Billy Wyatt Red

http://www.ndss.org/
http://www.sonj.org/
Billpowerrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #22
kpmdjm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billpowerrock
One of my favorite places to eat. You ll spend more time watching the movie than actually talking.....loads of fun in my opinion.
My family loves it! Son is 15 daughter is 9 no one has complained about the food. We love the burgers and onion rings! I think this is a great place for kids!
kpmdjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #23
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Sister's and my favorite place to eat in DHS. Love the ambiance, tasty sandwiches, and the milkshakes are really good, too!
Cat0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:24 AM   #24
honeypot:)
Earning My Ears

Only 3 of us!!?

Is it possible to fit 3 people in one row? If not where can we sit? I saw the pictures of the table seating at the back and it didn't look like it would be the same experience! :/
Old 04-01-2014, 08:15 AM   #25
henry72
DIS Veteran

Three people will not fit in a row unless one, two or all three are children. So no, 3 adults will not fit in a row. You can either do the picnic tables in the back but that is really no fun or you sit 2 in one row and 1 person gets a row to him/herself. Until food comes, I don't think it is too hard for the person in row 1 to turn around and talk to the others. You are eating and watching movie clips so talking is the focus here anyway.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:05 AM   #26
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeypot:) View Post
Is it possible to fit 3 people in one row? If not where can we sit? I saw the pictures of the table seating at the back and it didn't look like it would be the same experience! :/
As the PP said, the benches aren't designed to fit three average sized adults. Two adults and one small child can fit, but it's snug. Usually they'll have parties of three adults split up into two and one. They won't say "you two sit here and one of you sit here", but when they take you to the table, they'll indicate which two benches are for your party so the natural inclination is to split up into 2 and 1. My family has always had the solo person sit in the front, so they could turn around to talk. In the end, the solo tended to just watch the videos and not really participate in the conversation because it is kind of awkward to turn around.

The picnic tables in the back can seat up to 4 comfortably. Those are generally held for walk-ups, because most folks want to sit at a car table. A few of the car tables are designed for handicap access and those are regular tables and chairs (fake front and back of a car at the end of each table). You might be able to request one of those if there are no handicap groups with an ADR.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: