Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 08:11 AM   #376
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I am glad though, as I have heard of really long waits for things since it has officiall opened. I can't wait to go back and see the outside in daylight though.
I was there during the day many times on our trip. But it was alway so busy that I still don't feel like I have "seen" the area. I need another shot at it when it isn't packed to the gills. The closest we came was during the AM EMH. It wasn't empty then, but Gaston's Tavern pretty much was. I'm glad we "wasted" our early time this way. I only say "wasted" because on paper I would never tell anyone to use an EMH that way. But it's probably the only way to get a low crowd experience in there right now. And probably the only way to get nice photos in that chair!

LOVE you guys in your Mary Poppins costumes. You're adorable and I bet you'll talk about that night when Claire has kids of her own one day!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #377
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
This is a strange way to handle a Meet and Greet and I can just imagine the ugly scenes when the park is full. I am glad that Claire came around to the idea. The Little Mermaid Ride seems to be as troublesome in the maintenance department as Test Track was. I have had three multi-day stays at Disneyland now and managed to do the ride twice. It is very cute though.

Corinna
It is. Someone on another board has since told me that they now have a line for him. That seems to make much more sense to me.
Yes the Ariel ride seems to have a lot if issues. I thought it had actually been done for quite awhile too, so you would think it would have it's kinks worked out, especially after having DL's up and running for quite some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
DH looked at the Ariel pictures, his comment? She doesn't look very Disney like, don't think his eyes ever got past her shells! LOL
Thats too funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I was there during the day many times on our trip. But it was alway so busy that I still don't feel like I have "seen" the area. I need another shot at it when it isn't packed to the gills. The closest we came was during the AM EMH. It wasn't empty then, but Gaston's Tavern pretty much was. I'm glad we "wasted" our early time this way. I only say "wasted" because on paper I would never tell anyone to use an EMH that way. But it's probably the only way to get a low crowd experience in there right now. And probably the only way to get nice photos in that chair!

LOVE you guys in your Mary Poppins costumes. You're adorable and I bet you'll talk about that night when Claire has kids of her own one day!
I have heard it's been packed for the most part. It will take a while before we get those nice empty shots I bet.
I totally understand wasting time there. You have to go when you can and not wait 3 hours for everything.

Claire loved our matching costumes. But she will never grow up, she's my baby, so I don't know what you mean by her having kids!
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #378
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Claire loved our matching costumes. But she will never grow up, she's my baby, so I don't know what you mean by her having kids!
So then Paige and Michael have agreed to provide you with enough grandkids?

I think I'm going to have to let Katie grow up. I'm not getting any younger. And I'm leaning toward believing Robbie and Timmy when they say they are never getting married and having kids. They are 17 and 19, and so far no girlfriends, no dates, no proms.

But after seeing what turmoil that has caused some of their friends, I'll take the alternative!

We've decided Katie will probably be the first one here to even GO on a date!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #379
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

You and Brook take the best (and most) pictures!

More meets huh? And you are on day what, 2 of your trip? I wonder how many people you meet ....
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #380
kalel29
Dis Dad #101

Do to my busy life, it took me 3 days to finally catch up on your TR. I just realized that after 26 pages we are still on day 2 of your trip!! Can't wait to hear about the rest...

Dis Dad Member #101
June 2002 - WDW, USO (Offsite), June 2004 - WDW, USO (Offsite), Feb 2007 - Disney Cruise (Wonder) & POFQ *Disneymoon*), July 2010 - POR, June 2013 - Disney Cruise (Fantasy)
kalel29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #381
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
So then Paige and Michael have agreed to provide you with enough grandkids?

I think I'm going to have to let Katie grow up. I'm not getting any younger. And I'm leaning toward believing Robbie and Timmy when they say they are never getting married and having kids. They are 17 and 19, and so far no girlfriends, no dates, no proms.

But after seeing what turmoil that has caused some of their friends, I'll take the alternative!

We've decided Katie will probably be the first one here to even GO on a date!
Yes. Paige will have the grand kids. I've decided that.

Michael likes girls, it's getting them to like him thats the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
You and Brook take the best (and most) pictures!

More meets huh? And you are on day what, 2 of your trip? I wonder how many people you meet ....
We take a lot yes. I have a bit of a problem. It seems I can never take enough. And you know how important it is to get the same shot every time you go.
Yep still day 2. I am trying to get this day wrapped up so I can get closer to the day I meet up with one of the most famous "Disers" ever!
I meet some of less importance in between then. Just kidding of course, I was happy to meet everyone I met along the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel29 View Post
Do to my busy life, it took me 3 days to finally catch up on your TR. I just realized that after 26 pages we are still on day 2 of your trip!! Can't wait to hear about the rest...
I do post a LOT of pictures, plus I am slow. I do try to give lots of details ...that is when I remember then. Old age is catching up to me fast!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #382
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes. Paige will have the grand kids. I've decided that.

Michael likes girls, it's getting them to like him thats the problem.

So Paige is aware of this, right? Just tell her all your friends on the DIS took a vote and decided she's the official supplier of Jen's grandbabies!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #383
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:

So Paige is aware of this, right? Just tell her all your friends on the DIS took a vote and decided she's the official supplier of Jen's grandbabies!
She does want kids, but she wants boys. UGH!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #384
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
She does want kids, but she wants boys. UGH!
WHAT! Tell her that's a NO GO!

Boys are great and all. But for Disney purposes...... she needs GIRLS!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #385
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
WHAT! Tell her that's a NO GO!

Boys are great and all. But for Disney purposes...... she needs GIRLS!
EXACTLY! Plus my son was the wild child and my girls were so much easier. now the teen years with Paige weren't exactly nice, but now she is much better. She needs a taste of teen girl too.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #386
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
EXACTLY! Plus my son was the wild child and my girls were so much easier. now the teen years with Paige weren't exactly nice, but now she is much better. She needs a taste of teen girl too.
LOL, sounds fair to me!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #388
mousetravel
DIS Veteran

Catching up again! (Only 6 pages behind )

Love the characters in their circus outfits, especially Minnie with all the pink!!

The pics with Ariel are really cute!!!
Mom/Daughter PTR: Christmas Trip! 2011 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post42724982
Mom/Daughter Trip Report June 2011: Disney Dream! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2744972
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: Disney & Sea World 2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2443520

Mom/Daughter Trip Report: WDW & Disney Cruise 2009 ttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2095302
mousetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #389
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Luvin the meets with Gaston and Ariel. Sounds like fun.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:40 AM   #390
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetravel View Post
Catching up again! (Only 6 pages behind )

Love the characters in their circus outfits, especially Minnie with all the pink!!

The pics with Ariel are really cute!!!
thats not too bad! They are cute dressed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Luvin the meets with Gaston and Ariel. Sounds like fun.
We had a lot of fun!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: