Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-22-2013, 07:13 AM   #1531
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,064

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
This thread is one of the best! It lists "every" snack that can be used as a SC....there are some great items that some people don't realize are a SC.

This is 2013 and still being updated:
http://www.www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3039087

This is the 2012 thread to get an idea of the places that are still missing:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43602721

I have taken the best items from this list and made a 8.5 x 5.5 card printed on both sides and laminated that I carry with us in the parks. I organized it much like he did by parks and the resort we are staying at so when we are somewhere and want a snack my family looks at the card and knows the "best" options for the park we are at.

The one thing I did notice though is that milkshakes were not listed last year at BC but it seems as if it was something that was overlooked based on other posters!
THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!

I went looking for this thread this morning and I was distressed to see the Snack Sticky from 2010-2011 closed. I didn't see that a new one had been started up. This was one of my favorite threads!!!
natebenma is offline  
Old 01-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #1532
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,064

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me!Thatswho View Post
Sorry. No donuts. Tons of other goodies though, including oreo bonbons two nights ago and a very tasty coconut pastry this morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
OMG!!! The coconut danish was the best thing I had in the lounge. Well, maybe it was the lobster salad, but the coconut pastry was mighty good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnkrbell View Post
Last year they didnt have donuts either I was hoping they brought them back. But the coconut pastry sounds delicious!!!

I know I caught a lot of flak from reposting the potato chip picture.

Here I go again:



.
natebenma is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-22-2013, 09:13 AM   #1533
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran
 
luvpoohandcompany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ireland
Posts: 1,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I know I caught a lot of flak from reposting the potato chip picture.

Here I go again:



.
YOU ARE TORTURING ME !!!
Only kidding - weight watchers is torturing me lol
luvpoohandcompany is offline  
Old 01-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #1534
MickeyT
DIS Veteran
 
MickeyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Flopeye, SC
Posts: 1,627

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I know I caught a lot of flak from reposting the potato chip picture.

Here I go again:

.
Dang. I thought you were gonna do coconut pasties......
__________________
Sorry Mickey. Sorry Mickey. Sorry Mickey.

MickeyT is offline  
Old 01-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #1535
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,064

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Dang. I thought you were gonna do coconut pasties......
I tried. But the picture was blocked.
natebenma is offline  
Old 01-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #1536
happymomof1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 731

Bath and Body works has some new fresh scents out for Spring. (The employees usually say that when one scent is discontinued, another similar is brought out to take its place) in wondering if any of these new scents are close to the Beach Club scent. I've got my last Sunrise Lagoon and Clean Mist candles out, which happen to smell just like that light, fresh, green scent in the lobby. Anyone check out the newest scents to see if they're close?
happymomof1 is offline  
Old 01-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #1537
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,064

Trip Report Alert

One of the winners of last years "One More Disney Day" contest is currently enjoying her prize. Her pre-trip report has now turned into a live report (just a few postings). She stayed at the YC for a couple of days and now is over at the Poly.

If you want to read about it, here is the link.

Pixie Dust Overload by lvjen777


She has one picture of her room view at the YC and one picture from SAB, pages 8 and 9 of the report.

.
natebenma is offline  
Old 01-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #1538
Me!Thatswho
Mouseketeer
 
Me!Thatswho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mousechusetts
Posts: 439

Not meaning to add to anyone's suffering, but this morning's breakfast in the Regatta Club, which was our last as we are sitting in MCO as I type, featured chocolate puff pastries. I was going to take a picture, but it couldn't stay out of my mouth long enough to posse.

And, while I am on the boards, the final post of our trip report.

As mentioned yesterday, we split the day between MK & DHS. We arrived just as the rope drop ceremony was concluding. Probably would have made it had the BC not had two bus loads of people - including an EVC, compared to the 9 of us traveling from the YC. No biggie.

As we have done the whole trip, we used the new quick scan entry system. It is so much faster and easier than the old keycard machines. For anyone who will be traveling down soon, the new entry machines are on the left side of every park.

Upon entering the MK, we stopped for a photo with Clarabelle Cow & Horace Horsecollar. As part of the weekly magic experiences, the MK will be having Meet & Greets with some long forgotten friends. The 3 Pigs & the Big Bad Wolf, and the characters from Robin Hood were also there, but the lines were too long for our tastes.

We then raced to FL to ride & grab FPs for SM. We then made our way back to FL to check on ST w/ Belle & Ariel's ride. Together we rode Ariel (essentially the same as the DL version which we experienced back in 2011), but DS opted out of Belle's cottage, for obvious reasons, leaving it for the girls (DW &DD) to enjoy. As much as I wanted to see the new technology, it actually was a win-win because the boys (DS & myself) got the FPs for SM all to ourselves. From that point, we also rode Buzz, TTA, & TM, and the boys enjoyed the Tikibirds while the girls played Sorcerers.

We stayed at the MK until 2pm. The park was noticeably less crowded, which was nice but we soon discovered why. FYI: wait times were pretty good all morning. After leaving, we returned to the YC for a mid-day break. We enjoyed chips, gummy fish, & chocolate covered pretzels, before headed to the studios for around 4:30.

It was a madhouse. RnR & ToT had wait times over an hour, and TSM was at 130 minutes. But, as it was EMHs, we weren't overly concerned as we entered with "managed expectations," which was our buzz word for the kids letting them know that they woudln't be able to do everything they wanted. In spite of the crowds, we still packed in a ton: we experienced the PoC show, which was good but not worth any wait unless you're killing time as we were; ate at the ABC Com; watched the 6:30 showing of Fantastic; drew the Alien from TS in the AS; rode GMR & ST; and capped the evening watching illuminations on the Friendship IV.
Even though it was EMHs, ToT & RnR wait times were still near an hour at 9pm, so we opted for an earlier return to enjoy one last night of desserts in the Regatta.

All in all, it was a great trip. It was incredible to see the progress in FL since our visit in August, and we are definitely looking forward to when we return in December.

If anyone has any questions, let me know. & thanks for reading!
__________________
August, 2005 - WDW All-Stars Movies & All-Stars Music -- May, 2006 - WDW Port Orleans French Quarter for SWW -- June, 2007 - WDW Contemporary for SWW -- Dec, 2007 - WDW Pop Century & Contemporary for MVMCP -- July, 2008 - DL Disneyland Hotel -- Dec, 2008 - Jan, 2009 - WDW Polynesian; NYE @ DHS -- Dec, 2009 - Jan, 2010 - WDW Polynesian; NYE: breakfast at AK; mid-day @ Blizzard Beach; evening @ Epcot for Illuminations; fireworks on Poly beach -- Oct, 2010 - WDW Polynesian for MNSSHP -- Nov, 2011 - DL Grand Californian Hotel -- Aug 2012 - WDW Beach Club CL -- Jan 2013 - WDW Yacht Club CL -- Dec 2013 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside: DD danced in XMas parade taping -- July 2014 - DLP Hotel New York
Me!Thatswho is offline  
Old 01-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #1539
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer
 
magicalmoments4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Holland, MI
Posts: 298

So, I'm trying to figure out how to keep track of things I've read on the threads that I have found to be interesting or pertinent to our trip. I've been making mental notes, but I don't think this will be a good method. What do others do in terms of keeping track of the things you want to remember or do or try?!?
__________________
DH ME DS (12) DD (8)




Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
magicalmoments4 is offline  
Old 01-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #1540
acc9242
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4
So, I'm trying to figure out how to keep track of things I've read on the threads that I have found to be interesting or pertinent to our trip. I've been making mental notes, but I don't think this will be a good method. What do others do in terms of keeping track of the things you want to remember or do or try?!?
I've just been using pencil and paper and keeping everything in a folder. There are sections for the resorts like room recommendations, resort entertainment etc. another for food, theme park notes (touring plans), and also packing lists. Nothing high tech but it works!
__________________
Anna

BWI/BC Oct 2013
Flower & Garden offsite 2012
Valentines Day at Poly/POFQ 2011
Christmas at WL 2009
Offsite 1993

acc9242 is offline  
Old 01-22-2013, 11:38 AM   #1541
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer
 
medicgirl177's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Saratoga Springs. New York
Posts: 281

So with the new FP+, it is my understanding that everything runs off the wristbands: Park Admission, purchases, SAB entrance etc.

Is it waterproof? Won't we get a weird suntan line? What if they drive my son (whom has special needs) crazy?
__________________
Me DH DD (12) , DS (7)



medicgirl177 is offline  
Old 01-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #1542
smellyia
Mouseketeer
 
smellyia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 251

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4
So, I'm trying to figure out how to keep track of things I've read on the threads that I have found to be interesting or pertinent to our trip. I've been making mental notes, but I don't think this will be a good method. What do others do in terms of keeping track of the things you want to remember or do or try?!?
I'm a little crazy and use an excel spreadsheet for our itinerary, ADRs and touring plans. I also add in rec parks, special parade/show/ fireworks times and characters locations/times. I have another side note chart with info I want saved with tips etc... I add in packing notes and food notes as well. In addition, I bookmark threads or blog posts of interest then combine the info on my master excel spreadsheet. Basically my one excel spreadsheet (with multiple charts and lists) is my master list that combines everything I need for our trip. I don't do well with stuff in multiple places.
__________________
Feb 2014 AKL Club & Frozen RD Dash Trip Report
Disneyland annually 1985-2000
ME DH DD4 DS8mos
Beach Club/Royal Pacific USO May/June 2012
Beach Club May/June 2013
AKL CL Feb 2014
Beach Club May 2014
Royal Pacific USO/Grand Floridian Oct 2014
smellyia is offline  
Old 01-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #1543
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 4,203

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4
So, I'm trying to figure out how to keep track of things I've read on the threads that I have found to be interesting or pertinent to our trip. I've been making mental notes, but I don't think this will be a good method. What do others do in terms of keeping track of the things you want to remember or do or try?!?
I have a "Notes" app on my phone that is connected to my iPad and website. I have a whole lot of things in there, which are mostly things I want to try or do.
__________________
~ Sue





Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline  
Old 01-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #1544
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me!Thatswho View Post
Not meaning to add to anyone's suffering, but this morning's breakfast in the Regatta Club, which was our last as we are sitting in MCO as I type, featured chocolate puff pastries. I was going to take a picture, but it couldn't stay out of my mouth long enough to posse.

And, while I am on the boards, the final post of our trip report.

As mentioned yesterday, we split the day between MK & DHS. We arrived just as the rope drop ceremony was concluding. Probably would have made it had the BC not had two bus loads of people - including an EVC, compared to the 9 of us traveling from the YC. No biggie.

As we have done the whole trip, we used the new quick scan entry system. It is so much faster and easier than the old keycard machines. For anyone who will be traveling down soon, the new entry machines are on the left side of every park.

Upon entering the MK, we stopped for a photo with Clarabelle Cow & Horace Horsecollar. As part of the weekly magic experiences, the MK will be having Meet & Greets with some long forgotten friends. The 3 Pigs & the Big Bad Wolf, and the characters from Robin Hood were also there, but the lines were too long for our tastes.

We then raced to FL to ride & grab FPs for SM. We then made our way back to FL to check on ST w/ Belle & Ariel's ride. Together we rode Ariel (essentially the same as the DL version which we experienced back in 2011), but DS opted out of Belle's cottage, for obvious reasons, leaving it for the girls (DW &DD) to enjoy. As much as I wanted to see the new technology, it actually was a win-win because the boys (DS & myself) got the FPs for SM all to ourselves. From that point, we also rode Buzz, TTA, & TM, and the boys enjoyed the Tikibirds while the girls played Sorcerers.

We stayed at the MK until 2pm. The park was noticeably less crowded, which was nice but we soon discovered why. FYI: wait times were pretty good all morning. After leaving, we returned to the YC for a mid-day break. We enjoyed chips, gummy fish, & chocolate covered pretzels, before headed to the studios for around 4:30.

It was a madhouse. RnR & ToT had wait times over an hour, and TSM was at 130 minutes. But, as it was EMHs, we weren't overly concerned as we entered with "managed expectations," which was our buzz word for the kids letting them know that they woudln't be able to do everything they wanted. In spite of the crowds, we still packed in a ton: we experienced the PoC show, which was good but not worth any wait unless you're killing time as we were; ate at the ABC Com; watched the 6:30 showing of Fantastic; drew the Alien from TS in the AS; rode GMR & ST; and capped the evening watching illuminations on the Friendship IV.
Even though it was EMHs, ToT & RnR wait times were still near an hour at 9pm, so we opted for an earlier return to enjoy one last night of desserts in the Regatta.

All in all, it was a great trip. It was incredible to see the progress in FL since our visit in August, and we are definitely looking forward to when we return in December.

If anyone has any questions, let me know. & thanks for reading!
I have been reading your reviews and thank you so much for the updates!
We are excited for our 1st YC CL stay coming in April! So, the nighttime apps have been good??? Sorry if I missed it, but did you give pictures? TIA.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is online now  
Old 01-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #1545
MickeyT
DIS Veteran
 
MickeyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Flopeye, SC
Posts: 1,627

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Thanks for the reports and enjoy the rest of your trip!
pixarmom. I tried to send you a pm about our upcoming cruise. Your pm box is full. (Seems to be a common ailment on this thread.) Could you clear me a little room?
__________________
Sorry Mickey. Sorry Mickey. Sorry Mickey.

MickeyT is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: