Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #331
samacita
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE="FigmentChick"]From the crowd calendars, it looks like Thursday will be a 5, Friday will be a 6, Saturday is an 8, Sunday is a 7 and Monday is a 6. So, a bit buiser than "normal" that time of year because of the NJEA convention, the F&W Festival races, and Veteran's Day. /QUOTE]

This sounds like a different crowd calendar. I'd love to check it out. Do you mind letting me know where you've seen that one? My book says 2s for Veterans Day weekend, but maybe doesn't account for NJEA and F&W.
samacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #332
AstroDad
Earning My Ears

We are in for Nov 10-16th, though I might add a day later on. Like everyone hoping for free dining or at least the QS dining that is rumored and then we will upgrade. We are a family of 5 staying at Poly.
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 01:02 PM   #333
patclairesmom
Mouseketeer

My dates are set. Nov 27th-Dec 4th. I've checked AAA rates and there is no discount. I suppose Thanksgiving week is a blackout week, but I would think starting on Nov 30th or even Dec 1st, there would be a disount.

We are going to go back to POR and stay in a Royal room, standard view. I was thinking of CBR but I really really love POR. We usually stay in AB, but my DS is now 6'2 so I don't think he fit in the pull down bed even though he slept on it for a week 9 months ago. I think we'll buy a twin air matress. This is all because him and my DD don't want to share a bed or sleep with their parents.

patclairesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #334
samacita
Mouseketeer

I found a great crowd calendar online and numbers still look better for Veterans Day weekend than any other time we're available. Not totally committed yet, but still thinking 11/7-11/11.
samacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #335
lmc318
I have dreams like you, no really! Just much less touchy-feely. They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny....

We stayed at the Poly last time we went when DD was 3. We thought we'd go back for naps but DD picked that week to stop taking them. We were up at 7 and back in the room by 9 at the latest. We loved being on the monorail and Poly is extra great because its walking distance to TTC. Plus DH and I could watch the fireworks from our room after DD fell asleep. It was pricey but we had a 40% room discount. Worked out well. In Nov we'll be at WL. DD will be 5. I know I'm going to miss the monorail but the Poly is a chunk more than WL.

lmc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:49 PM   #336
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samacita View Post
This sounds like a different crowd calendar. I'd love to check it out. Do you mind letting me know where you've seen that one? My book says 2s for Veterans Day weekend, but maybe doesn't account for NJEA and F&W.
I use Touring Plans. I've used their crowd calendars for years and find them to be very accurate. Although, sometimes they do change right before our trip. But it's all good.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #337
Calirya
Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!

I see some of you are staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek WBC- have you ever stayed there before? This will be our first time there.
We're getting a 3 bedroom. In addition to me, DH and DD, we'll have my brother and his GF and my dad and his GF.
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Calirya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #338
Calirya
Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!

Oh and I swear I saw on this thread that someone's DD was born in March 2010. So was mine!
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Calirya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #339
skw444
DIS Veteran

We're moving our trip up, so we'll be there during September instead of November. I'll join a September 2013 thread. Have fun planning!

9/07 POFQ w/free Dining
9/08 POFQ w/free Dining
9/11 POFQ w/free Dining
9/13 Windsor Hills
4/14 Bonnet Creek
skw444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #340
Minniebee143
Earning My Ears

Figment Chick,
Could you add me to your thread. Going to POR on November 10th through the 16th for my 70th birthday. Would you know if they allow scooter on the boat taxis to Downtown Disney?
Old 01-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #341
Court475
Mouseketeer

We are booked! 11/23-11/28 at OKW!

01/1999 OKW
04/2003 Off-Site
11/2007 SSR
03/2011 OKW
11/2013 - OKW
Court475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #342
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court475
We are booked! 11/23-11/28 at OKW!
Well be there on the 23rd then on the 24th we board the dream and return on the 27th for 4 nights. Also at okw in a grand villa
Old 01-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #343
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniebee143 View Post
Figment Chick,
Could you add me to your thread. Going to POR on November 10th through the 16th for my 70th birthday. Would you know if they allow scooter on the boat taxis to Downtown Disney?
I will definitely add you to the first post!!!

I'm not sure about the scooter access; I would assume so, but I'm just not positive. There is a POR thread I am a part of....just look me up and you'll find it. It's great and if you ask this question there, you'll have an answer in no time!!!

Court475 - got you!!!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #344
WiLd1
Earning My Ears

Cool

I'm new to this board, but seeing that hubs and I are planning our first trip to Disney World this seemed like a good place to get advice! We have 3 princesses, and they will be 8, 8, and 6 for our first trip to Disney World! This is actually our first real honest family vacation, that we don't have another motive for visiting. DH has never been, and the last time I was there I was 13 (we won't mention how many years ago that was). We will be staying at POR since we are a family of five, and this time around we can't swing the deluxe resort.. We hope this is the first of many Disney trips. We will be arriving in Disney on Nov 15, and returning on the 20th or the 21st. Still undecided. I can't wait to get to know you better, and hear some of what you are planning as well!!

September 2014 -- Taking Hubby and Kids for the first time!

WiLd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #345
pokanos
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiLd1 View Post
I'm new to this board, but seeing that hubs and I are planning our first trip to Disney World this seemed like a good place to get advice! We have 3 princesses, and they will be 8, 8, and 6 for our first trip to Disney World! This is actually our first real honest family vacation, that we don't have another motive for visiting. DH has never been, and the last time I was there I was 13 (we won't mention how many years ago that was). We will be staying at POR since we are a family of five, and this time around we can't swing the deluxe resort.. We hope this is the first of many Disney trips. We will be arriving in Disney on Nov 15, and returning on the 20th or the 21st. Still undecided. I can't wait to get to know you better, and hear some of what you are planning as well!!
Welcome! We took dd for the first time when she was 7. It was magical and the perfect age. Since your staying at POR, there is a wonderful website at portorleans.org with maps, pics, info, etc. The make ur own pasta bar in the food court is wonderful. With, 3 princesses, I highly recommend eating a TS at Akershus in Epcot(Norway). A picture with a princess is included and then other princesses come around and visit w/u and sign autographs. They also have a little parade thru the restaurant. You will have a wonderful time!Christine
pokanos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: