Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #1
sc0628
Earning My Ears

Well it's offical...our vow renewal is set!

So excited to be typing this right now! After a lot of research and time spent on these forums DH and I are finally going to be able to renew our vows at Disney. Well, sort of anyway. We are not doing a Disney memories package after all. We decided to have our vow renewal at Fulton's Crab house through Sensational ceremonies. So far they have been wonderful! We officially paid our deposits for our photographer and Sensational ceremonies to do our vow renewal complete with extra flowers and a sand ceremony. Since it will just be my DH and I and our 4 year old we are going to have dinner at Fulton's after the VR. The only thing left to do is order a small cake and have it delivered to the venue from the Boardwalk bakery. At least I hope they will do that. Anybody know? I read about new changes where they will do it.

I just want to thank everyone for all of your help and for all the wonderful information that is provided on this forum.

Sc
sc0628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:00 PM   #2
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Congratulations on your vow renewal!

With regards to the cake, none of the non-Disney-owned restaurants at Downtown Disney are serviced by Disney bakeries like BoardWalk Bakery. Usually what you do is call the restaurant directly and see what they can offer. If that doesn't work, you could try asking BWB if they'd do it, but don't be disappointed if they say no.

My suggestion would be to call around to local bakeries like Anna Cakes, Bake Me a Cake, It's Tasty Too and Sprinkles Cakes to see about getting one delivered to you at Fulton's.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 11:41 PM   #3
sc0628
Earning My Ears

Lurkyloo, I think I had the bakery wrong. Here is what I read. I figured since Fulton's is Downtown and so close they might deliver. Otherwise we could just pick it up.

Can I get a cake at Downtown Disney?
Captain Jack’s is the only Disney-owned restaurant at Downtown Disney and therefore the only choice available through the Cake Hotline. However, the Yacht & Beach Club bakery has been known to make arrangements to deliver a cake to most locations at Downtown Disney—call 407-934-3105 to see if this service is still available.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #4
lurkyloo

Ah, OK, so BoardWalk only delivers to Disney resorts and restaurants, and Captain Jack's is the only Disney-owned restaurant at Downtown Disney. When they did deliver to DD, Yacht & Beach Club only delivered to Capt. Jack's too.

You could still try calling them... sometimes a cast member will go out of his or her way to make pixie dust for you. But officially, the Y&BC says they won't deliver to DD anymore.

But if you can pick a cake up at BoardWalk Bakery, that's the easiest solution.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
sc0628
Earning My Ears

Yeah, I mean it is right there and shouldn't be that big of an issue. I am sure that Fulton's be fine with holding it until our ceremony is over.

Thanks,
Sc
Old 09-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #6
OhanaDreams
Cute and Fluffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc0628 View Post
So excited to be typing this right now! After a lot of research and time spent on these forums DH and I are finally going to be able to renew our vows at Disney. Well, sort of anyway. We are not doing a Disney memories package after all. We decided to have our vow renewal at Fulton's Crab house through Sensational ceremonies.

What a wonderful idea. Have you started a planning journal? I hadn't read or seen any pictures of a ceremony at Fultons. Do you have links to any threads with photos? How did you hear about Sensational Ceremonies?

Can't wait to hear more about your journey.

Buglet's Wish Pre-Trip Report

~1997 All Star Music~~2002 Coronado~~2010 All Star Music Family Suite~~2012 Caribbean Beach~2013 G.K.T.W. Dream Factory Wish Trip
OhanaDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:35 AM   #7
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Very excited for you!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:18 PM   #8
MyLittlePiglet
DIS Veteran

Sc I was wondering if you could give more details. My hubby and I want to do a 10 year renewal in may. We got married at the swan and dolphin, but that is now more than we want to spend on renewal. Thanks!

Thanks Mickster and MazdaUK!

Thanks MIckster!
MyLittlePiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:54 PM   #9
sc0628
Earning My Ears

Hey y'all, I am so sorry for the delay. I had a million things going on at the end of 2012. I have not started a planning journal, so I need get started on that.

http://www.sensationalceremonies.com-Vow renewal
http://www.chapmanphotography.com- Pictures

Our flowers are being done through SC. They offer a bouquet, but I had some extra things done for a reasonable price through them. Extra I am getting 2 center pieces for the "alter", a boutonniere for my hubby and flower pedals for my little girl. Hope that helps.

BTW, I wanted to thank everyone for the well wishes. Our first wedding didn't go as planned and only a handful of pics turned out, so I am believing this 10yr renewal will make up for it. Wish you all the best!

If you have any specific questions just pm me.
Sc
Old 01-22-2013, 12:14 PM   #10
amberlynn
Earning My Ears

Congratulations! My husband and I have just begun investigating vow renewal, and dont know where to begin! We would like to keep it private and intimate...us and our 4 children...Would appreciate ANY advice where to begin!!
amberlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #11
sc0628
Earning My Ears

Change of plans :sad1:

Well, we unfortunately have had a change of plans. We are not going to be doing our vow renewal after all. We had a move and a death in the family, so we decided to postpone due to all of that. We plan on renewing our vows, but now I am thinking I want to do it when the weather is cooler and do a Memories collection on the beach. Fingers crossed that everything comes together effortlessly.

Sc

Well, I was hoping the sad face would show in the subject, but I guess it didn't. You get my point though.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #12
lurkyloo

I'm sorry for your loss. Hope things are beginning to look up for you and your family.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: