Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #16
Kimi313
DIS Veteran

We have stayed only at BC on our last two trips and love it. It is me, DH, DD22, and her boyfriend. The first trip was in May and we got our request of bottom floor, love the ducks, and a daybed. On our last trip over NYE we got the bottom floor but no daybed but since we didn't want DD and BF in same bed they furnished us with a roll away. Let me say since there was no daybed we had this little empty area that we would put the daybed standing up during the day and it was out of the way.
Hilton '92, Cont '93, Cont '94, POR '95, Poly Lag '96, Cont Tower '97, Off Site '97,Cont Tower '98, WL '99, Poly '00, Poly '00, ASSp '01, Cont '01, Poly '02, GF '03, Cont Tow '04, WL '05, Poly '06, ASMo '07 Poly '07, ASMo '08, Poly '10, Ft Wilderness '11, Beach Club '12, Beach Club NYE, Cont Tow '13, Cont Tow '14

Kimi313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #17
jennybdis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC

Well, I hate these words as much as anybody, but a request is simply that. I believe the BC staff will get you a balcony if they possibly can, but it's not promised. As far as the daybed, my understanding is that parties of five do not guarantee you a daybed. If you are a party of five, and your assigned room does not have a daybed, they will wheel a cot up. For me this is unacceptable, bit if it's ok with you, then I say go for BC and request a balcony and a daybed. If you want a better shot at getting what you want, I say book YC, where you are promised a balcony and make daybed your only request. BC&YC are definitely two different hotels, but since they're practically connected and share amenities, I would never have a problem sleeping at YC and spending all my time at BC or vice-versa.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Not true, I don't think. Our family of 5 was accidentally assigned a room for four (no daybed) at the YC. The bellhop immediately told us that we were assigned the wrong room and called the desk and had us moved to a room with a daybed.
jennybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #18
VickieMouse
Mouseketeer

Daybed for family of 5?

Anyone else have experience with this? A family of 5 being placed in a room without a daybed? I did read that it was not a guarantee....

What about room views? Better from YC or BC? I know it is only standard so it may not really matter.
VickieMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #19
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickieMouse View Post
Anyone else have experience with this? A family of 5 being placed in a room without a daybed? I did read that it was not a guarantee....

What about room views? Better from YC or BC? I know it is only standard so it may not really matter.
Families of 5 (5 guests over the age of 3) have PRIORITY for a room with a daybed. As long as a room with a daybed is available, you should get it, over a smaller family who requests one.

There may be a situation when all of the rooms with a daybed are taken. I don't think they match reservations EXACTLY to the number of families with 5 plus. So it could happen, like an "overbooking" on an airplane.

In that case, a cot will be provided for your room so everyone has a place to sleep. The cot is free of charge (as it is for anyone who requests a rollaway).

I think the standard views are about the same from both resorts, but that is purely a guess on my part.

As to your original question-

I slightly prefer the Beach Club because of the lighter decor, but if I had to choose between BC with a smaller balcony and YC, I would stay at YC. Of course you won't know that at the Beach Club until checkin, and as was discussed earlier, about 50% of the rooms at BC have the smaller balconies. I think the longer walk to EPCOT is fairly insignificant.

If you want lots of info and pictures about both of these resorts, click on the link in my signature to bring you to the FAQ thread.

Dee
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #20
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

Families of 5 (5 guests over the age of 3) have PRIORITY for a room with a daybed. As long as a room with a daybed is available, you should get it, over a smaller family who requests one.

There may be a situation when all of the rooms with a daybed are taken. I don't think they match reservations EXACTLY to the number of families with 5 plus. So it could happen, like an "overbooking" on an airplane.

In that case, a cot will be provided for your room so everyone has a place to sleep. The cot is free of charge (as it is for anyone who requests a rollaway).

I think the standard views are about the same from both resorts, but that is purely a guess on my part.

As to your original question-

I slightly prefer the Beach Club because of the lighter decor, but if I had to choose between BC with a smaller balcony and YC, I would stay at YC. Of course you won't know that at the Beach Club until checkin, and as was discussed earlier, about 50% of the rooms at BC have the smaller balconies. I think the longer walk to EPCOT is fairly insignificant.

If you want lots of info and pictures about both of these resorts, click on the link in my signature to bring you to the FAQ thread.

Dee
I thought this was the case. I don't agree with the policy but a family of five does not absolutely guarantee you a daybed. I'll say again though, BC/YC have a great staff and I'm sure they'll do everything they can to get you a daybed if you're a family of five.
Dee runs the BC/YC thread and, not only is it awesome, but it's the friendliest thread on this site. Come on over and chat!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 01-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #21
VickieMouse
Mouseketeer

Thank You!

Thanks for all your help. I guess we can't go wrong either way. I know it will be incredible to be so close to Epcot!
VickieMouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: