Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 12:34 AM   #16
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoret View Post
I think that building a 2nd cars land would be bad buisness. Right now if you want to see Cars land you have to go to CA. It is something they needed out there to freshen up the parks. I would say build Star Wars land on to HS. You would then have 2 different areas they would draw people to both parks! Making the parks the same doesn't make people want to go to both coast and ideally that is what you want.
I see what your saying. I personally don't think they'll copy CarsLand for the world. They might add things to it and make it unique. I think Disney only brings the most popular attractions to the opposite coast. We know they don't do it with everything...

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354

FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:16 AM   #17
Coyotesweat
Mouseketeer

I know folks think HS needs more rides for kids. How about a "racing" ride based on the candy cars from Wreck it Ralph? With no nasty diesel engines like Tomorrowland Speedway. Either electric or on a powered track. Could even be virtual like the old Motion ride in Epcot where the graphics make it seem fast but actual speed is pretty slow.
Coyotesweat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 03:30 AM   #18
nightshaderose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotesweat View Post
I know folks think HS needs more rides for kids. How about a "racing" ride based on the candy cars from Wreck it Ralph? With no nasty diesel engines like Tomorrowland Speedway. Either electric or on a powered track. Could even be virtual like the old Motion ride in Epcot where the graphics make it seem fast but actual speed is pretty slow.
I could get behind this even though it's not Pixar. I could also see a Sugar Rush ride built on the TestTrack/Radiator Springs Racers slot-car model. My bet though is that they're going to put that in one of the other Disneylands (Paris maybe?) since the build-your-own-car model has already been introduced at TT.

VACATION RULE #3
Touring plans are like boyfriends. They’re useful and comforting to have around, and they can often make the difference between the day being a disaster or a success, but you have to be willing to ditch them if they’re not making you happy.

'86: one day at Epcot with family; fall '04:5-day Pop All Hallows/F&WF; Jan/Feb '08: 7-day unintended "farewell to Pop Century" trip. (OMG we bought DVC!!); May '08: 4-day Grand Californian; Nov '08: 4-day F&WF trip to BCV (and a Dream Squad member changed my life); Jan/Feb '10: 5 days @ BWV + 3 days @ AKV club; Dec '10: solstice trip, 3 days AKV Jambo + 3 days BWV; Jan '12: Wow, I'm the first to graduate from my Jewelry Design Program! 4 days BLT, 4 days AKV-CL; Jan '13: 3 days BLT, 4 days AKV-Jambo; Jan '15: 7 days AKV-Jambo
nightshaderose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:49 AM   #19
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
I remember reading somewhere
Can you blame me tho?

Why even do the Racers ride out here? The reason we don't have the Indiana Jones ride in Orlando, so I keep reading, is because its the same ride system (and, according to some, track layout) as Dinosaur. And RSR, while having slight differences in layout, is basically Test Track, but you race! I mean I like TT and all, but the same basic ride at 2 different parks? I don't know.
RAPstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:50 AM   #20
nightshaderose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPstar View Post
Why even do the Racers ride out here? The reason we don't have the Indiana Jones ride in Orlando, so I keep reading, is because its the same ride system (and, according to some, track layout) as Dinosaur. And RSR, while having slight differences in layout, is basically Test Track, but you race! I mean I like TT and all, but the same basic ride at 2 different parks? I don't know.
Good point.

If IJ isn't the exact same track layout as Dinosaur, it's very similar. And the video I just watched of the Racers looked like it had more in common with TT than just the ride mechanism. Maybe Sugar Rush will be the slot car ride they use in Shanghai.

I'm still hoping for an expanded Pixar Place with the Monsters Inc. coaster, and whatever else imagineering can come up with. Maybe even get the Luxo anamatronic working again.

VACATION RULE #3
Touring plans are like boyfriends. They’re useful and comforting to have around, and they can often make the difference between the day being a disaster or a success, but you have to be willing to ditch them if they’re not making you happy.

'86: one day at Epcot with family; fall '04:5-day Pop All Hallows/F&WF; Jan/Feb '08: 7-day unintended "farewell to Pop Century" trip. (OMG we bought DVC!!); May '08: 4-day Grand Californian; Nov '08: 4-day F&WF trip to BCV (and a Dream Squad member changed my life); Jan/Feb '10: 5 days @ BWV + 3 days @ AKV club; Dec '10: solstice trip, 3 days AKV Jambo + 3 days BWV; Jan '12: Wow, I'm the first to graduate from my Jewelry Design Program! 4 days BLT, 4 days AKV-CL; Jan '13: 3 days BLT, 4 days AKV-Jambo; Jan '15: 7 days AKV-Jambo
nightshaderose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:17 AM   #21
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

I don't see a replica of RSR coming to DHS because of Florida's rainy days. They would have to shut it down too much.
mrsksomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:21 AM   #22
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightshaderose View Post
My hope is that it's not specifically "CarsLand", but a more comprehensive expansion of Pixar Place. Maybe have some of the things from CarsLand at DCA, but have stuff form the other movies too.
That's what I would like, a true Pixar Place with a mix of Pixar movies featured.

If WDW does get a Carsland, I hope that it's a bit different than the one in Disneyland. I haven't been to DLR, but I think having attractions that are unique to each park would be nice.

Although I'm personally not a Star Wars fan, I think a Star Wars area (a few attractions, a ts restaurant) would do very well as an expansion.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:31 AM   #23
rgf207
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amypetecar View Post
I think disney will still be searching for an answer to the harry potter expansion, but it will be smaller due to budget.... Just my prediction
yes, they call it the new Fantasyland

2002 - Off Site;2004 - Off Site;March 2005 - AKL;Sept 2005 - PoP, POR, ASMo;May 2006 - POR;June 2007 - BCV;June 2008 - SSR; March 2009 - SSR; August 2009 - SSR, AKV; Feb 2010 - VWL; Jun 2010 - BCV; Feb 2011 - AKV; June 2012 - BLT
rgf207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:40 AM   #24
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

I just don't see a full-on CarsLand happening at WDW, or atleast DHS. From the more well informed CMs I've talked to, there doesn't seem to be enough space at DHS to replicate the entire Carsland. Even taking over the backlot tour and the stunt show won't give enough space for everything.

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #25
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

I don't think it will be an exact replica, I think the DL version was in some respects a "practice" for something bigger at WDW. I don't think we'll see a "Carsland" as such, I think the most likely result will be a "Pixar Park" that will include a Cars section.
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #26
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

I also don't think we will see a Carsland. The main ride is basically test track outside. I think if anything, there will be some elements (cones hotel is first that comes to mind) and a cars dark ride since DHS is severely lacking in high capacity, young kid friendly dark rides (that also have limited operating disruptions with the extreme Florida weather).

I am a big fan of more "boy" rides, but I just don't see a full Carland replica happening. I would think an expanded Pixar Place is entirely realistic though.

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:51 AM   #27
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

I would *love* to see a carsland at WDW, just because it was the most immersive land I've ever visited at a Disney park. I was hands down BLOWN AWAY by the sheer awesomeness of it.

I do agree that they'd need a weatherproof answer to RSR, but I disagree that it's the same thing as Test Track. Are there similarities, sure. But there are similarities to Astro Orbiter, Aladdin, and Dumbo, and those are all in the same park!

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #28
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I really really loved Carsland at DCA, but I hope instead of copying Carsland into DHS, they do a Pixar theme land and include more of the movies. The Up version of a Soarin'-type ride mentioned at the beginning of the thread sounds amazing! And the long rumored Monsters Inc. roller coaster would be a great addition.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #29
DisneyFive
Luv'n the magic

While this thread makes me REALLY excited for possible new things at HS (our 2nd fav park right behind MK), my excitement is dampered by the relization that any new area of this scale would take 3+ years to complete even if if were started today. Think Fantasyland...

Dan
DisneyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #30
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFive View Post
While this thread makes me REALLY excited for possible new things at HS (our 2nd fav park right behind MK), my excitement is dampered by the relization that any new area of this scale would take 3+ years to complete even if if were started today. Think Fantasyland...

Dan
Look at it this way though...Do you really want it to take less time than that? Because if it does, then it would be Six Flag quality. I agree, it stinks to wait, but at least we know we are waiting for quality

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: