Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #856
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by h&D3 View Post
We are coming to WDW this summer for a family vacation. We are thinking of booking a specialty cruise to celebrate our kids' birthdays. I was thinking about having some cupcakes brought aboard for the celebration.

After reading this thread, and trying to get my mouth to stop watering after seeing all the great photos, I'm wondering a few things.

1.) Do you think cupcakes would be good for an evening cruise in the summer. (I worry about these decadent things surviving outside) - I guess they do this all the time, but I'd hate to order a bunch of these and then have them turn into a muck mess. Especially at $4+ a pop!

2.) I'm wondering if I should order something a little extra special (flavor, decorated, etc) for each of the kids... our son will be turning 12 and our "princess".... er, daughter, will be turning 6.

Could someone lend their thoughts.... either on decorating ideas, or if you think in the heat of the summer evening, cupcakes would be a good idea?

Thanks!
~D
I agree with Ilivetogo - Disney cupcakes are HUGE and it's nice to have a plate and a fork and knife. That sounds like a really cute idea though, to bring the cupcakes on board - do they have tables on the boats? Or maybe mini cupcakes would work better? I've seen those at Art of Animation, not sure if they still have them.

The Contempo Cafe has some pretty birthday cupcakes with Minnie and Mickey toppers.

AGPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #857
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilanakan View Post
What and where can I get this cupcake???
Not sure which one you're talking about, so ....

The 1st one is chocolate fudge and we got that at Roaring Forks at the Wilderness Lodge. (I like to visit the resorts to check them out.)

The 2nd one is Oreo Bonbon and that's from the Boardwalk Cafe on the boardwalk, of course.

We also shared the Strawberry Lemonade cupcake at the Contempo Cafe in the Contemporary Resort.

IMGP0960 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

DSCN9279 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

The Smores cupcake and the Carrot cupcakes (Wilderness Lodge) were purchased to take home to her roomies at college.

DSCN9368 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP1259 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #858
ilanakan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo

Not sure which one you're talking about, so ....

The 1st one is chocolate fudge and we got that at Roaring Forks at the Wilderness Lodge. (I like to visit the resorts to check them out.)

The 2nd one is Oreo Bonbon and that's from the Boardwalk Cafe on the boardwalk, of course.

We also shared the Strawberry Lemonade cupcake at the Contempo Cafe in the Contemporary Resort.

IMGP0960 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

DSCN9279 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

The Smores cupcake and the Carrot cupcakes (Wilderness Lodge) were purchased to take home to her roomies at college.

DSCN9368 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP1259 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

How was the chocolate fudge cupcake? Looks delicious. Is it available anywhere else, maybe at one of the parks?
ilanakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #859
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Why do I keep coming back to this thread? My thighs' circumference just increased by 3 inches; I will not mention what happened to my backside. Somehow, I fear, this will not deter me from drooling over these cupcake pictures.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #860
Ilivetogo
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilanakan View Post
How was the chocolate fudge cupcake? Looks delicious. Is it available anywhere else, maybe at one of the parks?
I have to say the Chocolate Fudge one was the best out of the bunch! Very good. Least fav was the Oreo one. Kinda bland tasting and the frosting is whipped cream, not icing, which I don't care for.

I am not positive which parks/resorts you can get which cupcakes, but I know somewhere in this thread is the link to the cupcake "list" that DOES tell where you can get each one. I'd have to go back and find it. (unless someone else can post it again .... )

Old 01-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #861
h&D3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
I agree with Ilivetogo - Disney cupcakes are HUGE and it's nice to have a plate and a fork and knife. That sounds like a really cute idea though, to bring the cupcakes on board - do they have tables on the boats? Or maybe mini cupcakes would work better? I've seen those at Art of Animation, not sure if they still have them.

The Contempo Cafe has some pretty birthday cupcakes with Minnie and Mickey toppers.
Actually, now that you mention it, I forgot how huge these are!

I wonder if something like cookies would be a better option. Otherwise, I may have to check to see if they can do something for the mini ones. I sure like the ones you pictured with the minnie and mickey toppers on them!

Thanks for the input!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #862
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink68 View Post
OMG I just went thru this whole thread and now I want a cupcake!
We will be leaving for DW in 22 days and I now have a list of must try cupcakes. Glad we do so much walking to offset all of the eating I will be doing.
Everyone always mentions the walking to offset the sweets, etc., but sadly, all that walking probably equates to a few Raisinets worth of calories. Seriously, it stinks. I'll eat 'em anyway, but I'm avoiding sweets for these last couple of weeks before we go, hoping to shed at least a couple of pounds in anticipation of my cupcake splurge while there. There's a lot of sitting and waiting in line at Disney - I never feel like we walk any more than I would at any other amusement park and we do the parks every day open to close for our whole vacation. Why oh why can't Disney food be MAGICALLY free of calories and fat?!??
1/31-2/9/14
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:53 AM   #863
Belle5
DIS Veteran

This is a really fun thread and I have been subscribed forever. Wondering if anyone else had my experience. After drooling for months over cupcakes and planning which ones I was going to try...got there last May and just didn't want any! I did end up eating my son's leftover chocolate peanut butter Darth Vader cupcake and it was to-die-for! Now, the year before...before the thread...I did have two, maybe three cupcakes. It's just so strange to me that I was never in the mood for one after all the looking forward to them because of this thread!

I do think part of the problem is that it was hot in May and I am never as hungry when it's hot...more interested in cold drinks and fruit!

Belle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #864
tink68
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzlekins View Post
Everyone always mentions the walking to offset the sweets, etc., but sadly, all that walking probably equates to a few Raisinets worth of calories. Seriously, it stinks. I'll eat 'em anyway, but I'm avoiding sweets for these last couple of weeks before we go, hoping to shed at least a couple of pounds in anticipation of my cupcake splurge while there. There's a lot of sitting and waiting in line at Disney - I never feel like we walk any more than I would at any other amusement park and we do the parks every day open to close for our whole vacation. Why oh why can't Disney food be MAGICALLY free of calories and fat?!??
You know what is funny is that I do not eat sweets. I would rather have the salty stuff (which I am not supposed to have). But I like to think that vacation food does not count.

2004 Pop Century, 2005 POFQ, 2006 POR, 2007 Yacht Club and Wilderness Lodge, 2008 Contemporary, 2009 POFQ, 2010 Boardwalk, 2012 POR, 2013 POR
tink68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #865
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle5 View Post
This is a really fun thread and I have been subscribed forever. Wondering if anyone else had my experience. After drooling for months over cupcakes and planning which ones I was going to try...got there last May and just didn't want any! I did end up eating my son's leftover chocolate peanut butter Darth Vader cupcake and it was to-die-for! Now, the year before...before the thread...I did have two, maybe three cupcakes. It's just so strange to me that I was never in the mood for one after all the looking forward to them because of this thread!

I do think part of the problem is that it was hot in May and I am never as hungry when it's hot...more interested in cold drinks and fruit!
Got to be the heat! We go fall and winter and what we can't eat there, we take home! Disney spoils us for cupcakes anywhere else. 18 days until my next one!!!

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Marblies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #866
Ilivetogo

Quote:
You know what is funny is that I do not eat sweets. I would rather have the salty stuff (which I am not supposed to have). But I like to think that vacation food does not count.

Now THAT would be pretty cool, huh!?

Old 01-23-2013, 11:42 PM   #867
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
But I like to think that vacation food does not count.
I like to think that too (or perhaps delude myself is the better description), but my thighs seem to have a mind of their own and they apparently don't buy my theory.
1/31-2/9/14
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:12 AM   #868
tink68
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzlekins View Post
I like to think that too (or perhaps delude myself is the better description), but my thighs seem to have a mind of their own and they apparently don't buy my theory.

2004 Pop Century, 2005 POFQ, 2006 POR, 2007 Yacht Club and Wilderness Lodge, 2008 Contemporary, 2009 POFQ, 2010 Boardwalk, 2012 POR, 2013 POR
tink68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #869
winnieatepooh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle5 View Post

YES! I totally understand. I was dying to try a cupcake from Starring Roles - specifically the red velvet - for almost a year. But when I got to the park, it was 100 degrees with 100% humidity, and I had been so stuffed from all of my other meals, that I didn't even get a chance or really feel like trying it! But I plan on trying many, many more on my next trip!

2013 - POP
2012 - CSR
2011 - Off Site
2005 - Off Site
1998 - Off Site
winnieatepooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #870
winnieatepooh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post

That looks like the happiest cupcake I've ever seen! I'm in love!

2013 - POP
2012 - CSR
2011 - Off Site
2005 - Off Site
1998 - Off Site
winnieatepooh is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: