Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #14
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Disney is great with allergies but more so at TS meals than QS ones. You don't have contact with the chef, ability to preplan/arrange, etc with QS meals. It does make it less easy to tend to an allergy at Disney.

So if you did want to switch to the dining plan and plan more TS meals you may find the allergy issue to be very easy to deal with. But it does mean the switch from more QS to more TS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydays28 View Post
The main reason we thought we would not do DP was my daughter's food allergies (dairy and citrus, no juices or soy milk), and it will be hard to substitute for every meal and her snack credits would be wasted, and as a family we only drink water and the occasional tea. But I took a second look because as I understand it, all the credits are there to be used by whomever, certainly dad and I could use up the snack credits while bringing her safe stuff into the park with us. We are only doing 2 sit-downs: Cinderella breakfast and Garden Grill lunch, and will be doing safe stuff in the room or quick service, and after looking at the QS menus, there is no way we will spend over $1000 on meals at WDW, so DP is not a good deal for us.

Thanks everyone, it was a big help to read your responses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6disneykids View Post
bummer about your daughter's food allergies. My 4 yr old has peanut allergies, I have always found the restaurants to be wonderfully helpful. (specifically TS) Most of the time, the Chef will come out to assist you with choices or preparing special meals to accommodate allergies. I would call with ADR's so the allergy can be noted, and then again when you arrive.
AngiTN is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: