Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 11:18 PM   #2866
ChristineOH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy drew

There is no option for preferred rooms, but I think the river view room description says some rooms have the murphy bed.

If the Royal Rooms are really that much more awesome than the regular rooms, I can suck it up and sleep with one of the kids for one night. But if the room really isn't that much better than a regular room, I think I'd prefer a regular room for cost purposes and the possibility of a murphy bed. So are the RR really that awesome?
Have you looked at the building maps at portorleans.org? The maps are very detailed, one showing building location and one showing exactly which category each room in each building is. We have 5, so I booked riverview and know I will get AB. You could request AB if you really wanted the Murphy bed. I have only seen photos, but those Royal rooms do look pretty awesome. For one night, I would lean that way.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:44 AM   #2867
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus View Post
Woohooooo!!!!
Don't want to share details here - but it has been a rather difficult time since our little one arrived so this is AWESOME!!!
So glad you've had a bit of pixie dust spread your way, I hope it helps a little with the difficult times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifie View Post
We booked Garden View and they put us in a preferred bldg! I was worried about space, but there's plenty of room for the 6 of us.

We drove down and stayed in a hotel with all 4 kids for the 1st time. It was a little rough at first but once they settled down it was fine.

Thank you to everyone! I haven't seen it in the daylight, but so far I'm very happy that we chose POR!
Glad you've got a nice location, and that the six of you are finding the AB room works for you. It sometimes takes a bit of planning, but works fine once you've got it sorted out. Is the pull-down bed a hit?

You've got a treat in store once the sun comes up... mind you, POR is equally pretty at night - and it's lovely at dawn too. Let's face it, apart from being in the middle of a storm, there aren't any bad times at POR!

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 05:08 AM   #2868
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuess View Post
So, we may have a car rental our 1st evening there. Instead of having groceries delivered, we may as well go get them ourselves. Where is the closest shopping place?
Also, where is the best car rental company to get our car from? I'm sure it will be returned before the actual office is open, so we'll need somewhere relatively easy to get back to POR. Any opinions?
There is a Super Wal-Mart right down the street on 535. I suggest going to Google, typing in "Port Orlean Riverside, Orlando, FL" and Google will find POR. Then choose "search nearby" and type Walmart. You'll get the location easy-peasy. This is the store we go to. And, let me tell you, I think in 2009 when we had my MIL with us, we were there every day!!!! It is very convenient and takes about ten minutes to get there. The ride back may be a *little* delayed because you will get off the ramp and have a stop light, but nothing too bad. Have a safe trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantDisaholic View Post
Woohoo - my reservation is mostly fixed! We're back where we're supposed to be at POR (45 days from today!).

The only thing still wrong is that they have us as standard view and we paid for garden but that can be fixed

Thanks for the pixie dust - it worked!
Yay!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus View Post
Woohooooo!!!! Just talked to one of the most incredible CMs EVER on the reservation line. She was so helpful & such a joy to speak with. She knew her stuff and just made the whole experience so magical!

We changed our room only rez to the Stay/Play/Dine package and are staying in our Royal Rooms!!!!

I really thought we would have to give those up since they weren't avail on the website! But the CM managed to sprinkle pixie dust our way and we are now in a Garden View RGR.

Don't want to share details here - but it has been a rather difficult time since our little one arrived so this is AWESOME!!!
Wonderful!!!!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
Old 01-22-2013, 08:00 AM   #2869
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydays28 View Post
Just curious, is there any building/walkway at POR that the Epcot fireworks can be seen from?
You can see the sky glowing from the fireworks but not like you can see them launch up and then burst. You can see a little bit more from DTD when your at the docks by Rain Forest Cafe.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:11 AM   #2870
Wendilou
Earning My Ears

Venom, Thank You so much!!!! We just checked and got Pixie-dusted!! Your help and Andre's information is going to make our first on-site stay much more Magical!!!!

Old 01-22-2013, 08:16 AM   #2871
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendilou View Post
Venom, Thank You so much!!!! We just checked and got Pixie-dusted!! Your help and Andre's information is going to make our first on-site stay much more Magical!!!!
Glad to hear it! I hope you have a wonderful time!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:45 AM   #2872
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

It's -45 with the windchill up here in Canada today.

Can't wait to be at POR hanging out by the pool!

(Yes - that will be us Canadians in the pool! Orlando weather will be heaven to us.)

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
Old 01-22-2013, 09:13 AM   #2873
KristiKat
DIS Veteran

18 more days!

Me DH DSS13 DD7

1982 offsite,1987 The Disney Inn,1991 Caribbean Beach Resort,1997 Fort Wilderness,2011 Port Orleans Riverside,2012 Shades of Green,
2013 Port Orleans Riverside
Old 01-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #2874
sunnydays28
Mouseketeer

Microwave wuestions:

Is there one for use in the food court?

Can we request one (I know no guarantee)?

Or would they have a problem bringing our own (we are driving)?
Old 01-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #2875
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2gr8kids View Post

(Yes - that will be us Canadians in the pool! Orlando weather will be heaven to us.)
Umm yeah. It's HORRIBLE here today. Some kids at the bus stop this morning weren't wearing mittens or hats!!! Don't even get me started on their parents.. I'm bringing extra to the bus stop tomorrow and handing them out. I think we are only at -29 with the wind chill but still... that's frostbite weather.

My Magical Express info came today and cheered me up considerably! Only 32 more days!!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #2876
visitingapril09
DIS Veteran

Quick question: Do all rooms have fridges??
Old 01-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #2877
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2gr8kids

Yep - freezing. Absolutely cannot wait to get away from this. And yes, those ghostly pale people in the pool when it is 65 degrees @ POR will be us LOL
Old 01-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #2878
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by visitingapril09
Yup.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #2879
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by visitingapril09 View Post
Yes they do. This is the first time I've seen somebody say "quick question" and it actually was a quick question.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #2880
michi-gan
Earning My Ears

Fridge question too,...how big? We are looking at doing breakfast n room..gllon of milk, OJ, other fruits.

Also, coffe maker in all rooms? Has anybody done the coffee...good/bad?? Thanks
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: