Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #16
DVC Daisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpriamson View Post
Thank you!

Can anyone see if there's a flaw in this plan - buy 1 annual pass to get the discount, rebook our room with that, then buy the 14 day 3 park unlimited tickets for everyone ELSE in the family? I'd still have to buy a separate WetnWild ticket for myself, but it looks like I still come out $100 ahead or so in this scenario. Am I missing anything?
Yeah - with an AP, you will want to go back!!!

Buy them for everyone & plan another trip for 11 1/2 months later & you will be good
Old 01-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #17
Texas Disney Fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
http://www.loewshotels.com/en/bookin...BH,UEHRH,UERPR

under promotion code list prom
then list APH for the code
Thank you.
June 2004 * Wilderness Lodge (sons first visit) --- June 2005 * Wilderness Lodge --- June 2006 * Beach Club Resort --- November 2006 * Beach Club Resort --- May/June 2007 * Yacht Club --- June 2008 Land & Sea * Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian and Disney Wonder 3 nights --- December 5, 2008 * Beach Club Resort --- ]une 13, 2009 * Disney Magic 7 nights --- June 4 to 18, 2010 * Bay Lake Towers --- June 12 to 17, 2011 * Disney Dream --- December 16-20, 2011 * Bay Lake Towers --- May 31 to June 11 2012 * Aulani --- February 1-5, 2013 * Disney Magic --- June 15, 2013 * Disney Fantasy 7 night Eastern Caribbean
Looking forward to many more with DH (dbenlee) and DS14!!
Texas Disney Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #18
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

you are very welcome!

i enjoying helping.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #19
5by5
Mouseketeer

I keeping checking for an APH or SMSM discounts for 7/1 - 7/4. Am I kidding myself since those dates include July the 4th?
5by5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #20
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you!

Can anyone see if there's a flaw in this plan - buy 1 annual pass to get the discount, rebook our room with that, then buy the 14 day 3 park unlimited tickets for everyone ELSE in the family? I'd still have to buy a separate WetnWild ticket for myself, but it looks like I still come out $100 ahead or so in this scenario. Am I missing anything?
FWIW you don't have to buy the AP before you book the rate.

5by5, have you checked the "date and rate" thread from last year to see if anyone got an AP rate for that time before?

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #21
hpriamson
Mouseketeer

Thanks. I redid the math, and it turns out I'd only save $40 or so over sticking with the current reservation & 3 park unlimited, so I didn't change anything. I'll keep an eye open for further rate drops.
hpriamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #22
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. I redid the math, and it turns out I'd only save $40 or so over sticking with the current reservation & 3 park unlimited, so I didn't change anything. I'll keep an eye open for further rate drops.
Well, that's still $40. And with a Preferred AP you get a discount on most food and even merchandise. It adds up.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 01-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #23
5by5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
5by5, have you checked the "date and rate" thread from last year to see if anyone got an AP rate for that time before?
No one had those dates on last year's thread. Got my fingers crossed because we'd really to stay the Portofino again but not for $350 a night!
5by5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:18 AM   #24
hpriamson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Well, that's still $40. And with a Preferred AP you get a discount on most food and even merchandise. It adds up.
Is the AP discount any better than the AAA discount? We're already AAA members, and I remember getting 10% of a lot of stuff on our last trip. Or do they stack?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:52 AM   #25
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

Quote:
Is the AP discount any better than the AAA discount? We're already AAA members, and I remember getting 10% of a lot of stuff on our last trip. Or do they stack?
no stacking.

call and talk to reservations.
they will walk you throught which discount code will be best for you in saving money.

i have received good AAA discounts before and have also had the same luck with the APH rates.

on some of my trips, the general promotion code of smsm beat both of the above discounts.

AAA and AP allows the same 10% discount off of food and merch in the parks.
some places in city walk also.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #26
hpriamson
Mouseketeer

So I went ahead and modified my reservation to the APH rate. Next question - when I arrive at HRH, I'll have my APH in hand, but it won't have been activated yet, since we'll go to the hotel before the parks. Will they make me run over to a park to activate it before we can check in, or will I be able to activate it later that day and just show them the activated pass later?

Also, does anyone know if I can buy a Wetnwild ticket with the APH discount on their website, or does at only apply at the front gate?
Old 01-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #27
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So I went ahead and modified my reservation to the APH rate. Next question - when I arrive at HRH, I'll have my APH in hand, but it won't have been activated yet, since we'll go to the hotel before the parks. Will they make me run over to a park to activate it before we can check in, or will I be able to activate it later that day and just show them the activated pass later?
They don't need to have the actual AP at checkin, and they will tell you when they need to see the AP. Don't worry.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #28
hpriamson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
They don't need to have the actual AP at checkin, and they will tell you when they need to see the AP. Don't worry.
But the more I worry now , the more I'll enjoy my vacation later !
You should see me the day before we leave...

Thanks for the info.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #29
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

Quote:

Also, does anyone know if I can buy a Wetnwild ticket with the APH discount on their website, or does at only apply at the front gate?
i know ap holders can get the discount.
don't know the procedure if that means at the gate or in advance.

you could call for that info or send an email to guest services.

onsite hotel guests can use the free shuttle to wet and wild (besides the other places).
check with the hotel lobby concierge about booking your seat & time on the shuttle. it is a free rt but you need to book it so you'll have a seat.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #30
glocon
DIS Veteran

I actually bought my AP, my family's park tickets, and our HHN tickets at the front desk when I checked in at the HRH last October. Had no problem with any of that, and did not activate anything at that point to get the AP discounted room we had reserved using APH discount.

Everyone was so helpful and pleasant, and there were no problems.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: