|01-22-2013, 10:17 AM||#1|
The countdown has begun!!
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Dracut MA
First time staying at AKL Kidani - what do I need to know?
Just booked for August 2013 and we chose a 1BR Villa at Kidani. Since this is or first time there we opted for Savanna view and I'm so hoping it's worth it! I am a bit nervous- our kids are (will be) 8 and 10 and we have never slept with them in "another" room - we've done studio's up until this point so they've been in the same bedroom with us. This time the pullout is in the livingroom while DH and I are in the Master BR. While we will finally have privacy on vacation, I still get nervous! Not sure why but I'll get over it!
So here are my main questions for now..... (and I will take any and all advice and comments NOT related to my questions if you have stuff to share about this resort!!)
1. Does Kidani have it's own check in area. We will be taking ME Bus so do we get dropped off at the main lodge to check in or stay on the ME bus and go directly to Kidani?
2. We've always stayed at VWL where all the ammenities- store, QS and TS restaurants, etc. are in the main hotel and the villa's seperate. Is the set up the same at AK with everything at the main lodge (is it Jambo or Jumbo house)?
3. Which building is the child care center at? (Simba's club house). Would you recommend it (if you've used it) or should we go with an outside sitter service? I'd like an adult night out.
4. How long is the walk between buildings and what are the main reasons I'd need to go to the main lodge (what is missing from Kidani that I may want to get at the main lodge?).
5. I know each section has it's own pool and I've heard the pool at Kidani is favored by a lot of disers over the pool at the main lodge. What about playgrounds and other stuff for the kids to do? Is there a big difference? Will I find plenty for them to do? Since it's August (and going to be damn hot) we plan on spending time at the hotel and doing more park time at night or early morning when it's a bit cooler).
I think that's it for my "big" questions. I reallly don't know what to expect, look forward to, etc... I'm just totally pumped that we are all booked and flights are all set so we are actually GOING TO DISNEY AGAIN (mind you, we just went in October! LOL!!!)
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|