Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #16
Canadian Disney Mom
Formerly Tollerwalker - original join date July 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by your friend
Ok we just booked BWI for November 2013. Now I'm reading reviews and found two reviews that complain about a damp and musty smell. Has anyone else heard about this? I hope that this is not something BWI is known for and I didn't know. I really hope that is not true because we are using this trip to decide if the boardwalk is going to be our home resort for DVC. If someone could help me out I would appreciate it.
Slightly of topic, but when we stayed at the BWV this summer, there was an over-powering stench on some perfumey cleaner/spray when we checked in. It literally smelled like someone had dumped out several boxes of that carpet powder stuff. It was so strong we were getting headaches. I am assuming someone must have been smoking in the room or something to have to use that much deodorizer. I placed a call to mousekeeping and asked if they had one of those machines that can remove odors. They said no but offered me a box of baking soda and a mug. I rolled my eyes and said sure. I dumped the soda in the mug and left for a few hours. Low and behold, when I got back, there was no smell left at all - it was the weirdest thing!!

And to answer your question, we did not notice any musty smell anywhere. We loved it, the location especially. The only drawback I saw was a lack of counter service options.
Past Trips to Disneyworld, Disneyland, and Disney Cruises:WDW-1: May 1998 (Off Property), WDW-2: Apr 2002 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2005 (All-Star Movies), WDW-4: Apr 2006 (SSR), WDW-5: April 2008 (AKV Jambo), WDW-6: Dec 2009 (AKV Kidani & SSR), WDW-7: Jul 2010 (AKV Jambo), WDW-8: Apr 2011 (Off Property), WDW-9: Jun-Jul 2012 (BLT, BWV & AKV Jambo), WDW-10: Dec 2012-Jan 2013 (AKV Jambo), WDW-11: Mar 2013 (BLT & AKV Kidani), WDW-12: June/July 2014 (AKV Jambo, VFW),WDW-13: Nov 2014 (VGF),WDW-14: Mar 2015 (BLT),DLR-1: Nov 2010 (Off Property), DLR-2: Jan 2012 (VGC), DCL-1: Jan 2012 (Disney Wonder 7 night MR)
Twitter ID: @CanadaDisneyMom
Canadian Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:46 PM   #17
DisneyFansInNYC
DIS Veteran

Stayed in the Inn twice and never had a musty smell. Great Hotel and great location. You will love it.

Our 2013 Disney Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLSzd7LSuFc
DisneyFansInNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #18
Abby Wednesday
Mouseketeer

I can't say I experienced this at BWI but personally I would ask for a room on an upper floor anywhere in FL. The climate is just damp there, and ground floor and basement rooms are going to be damper.
Abby Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #19
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by your friend View Post
I saw it on reviews at allears.net
I went over to Deb's site, and saw just one review that mentioned damp/musty odors. And that was on the Inn side.
Yes, people complain about the bus system there, or the long walks to the villas, but I saw no reviews about a musty odor in the villas.
I'm sure that if you decide to stay in a BW villa, you will be happy with it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: