Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 07:14 AM   #1
poohmomof5
DIS Veteran

GTY worries, advice needed

Hello everyone! I'm a little nervous about my GTY booking. We decided to go crazy on the cruise we just got off of and booked the 6/15/13 Med cruise. We booked 9A GTY onboard. I really missed the veranda room on this past cruise though...

When I book on board, they said there weren't any Veranda rooms left for the med cruise, but when we got home, it looked like some veranda rooms opened up, so I had my TA try to switch for us, and she delivered, she was able to get one 5A and one 5C. I really really like having our rooms connecting, or at least next to each other. (My kids are 8,15,18,19, and 21). The 8 year old will be in a room with me, but I still like having the kids close! I would rather even have an inside across from a veranda. But no inside rooms are available either. It seems to be a very full cruise! Of course I am going to stalk the sailing as it is about 1 month from Pay in full date. So a few questions:

1) Does Disney ever open up actual rooms to book once they start doing GTY for categories? Like if I stalk the website daily will there ever be a time when a specific room will be bookable?

2) Being that were are GTY in different categories, do you think DCL will try to put us together still? We didn't do it on purpose, that is all that is available.

3) I should state that we have done only 2 cruises as GTY (we have cruised 12 times). I really like to pick my staterooms especially having such a large family. But as they are getting older, it really doesn't matter. But as I say this out loud, the older kids honestly don't care if they have an inside room because they like to sleep in. So maybe I would be better off not having them in a veranda room and I won't have to worry about them going overboard!

Anyone been through a similar situation or have any advice for me?

21 day trip report LIVE from Amtrak, Disneyland & EB Repo through the Panama Canal!
poohmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #2
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohmomof5 View Post

. . . 2) Being that were are GTY in different categories, do you think DCL will try to put us together still? We didn't do it on purpose, that is all that is available.
If possible, DCL will try to put you together.

Woody
woody73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:50 AM   #3
poohmomof5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post
If possible, DCL will try to put you together.

Woody
We had to do GTY 2 other cruises. One was a completely packed ship and we were put next to each other. The other one was the Dream last week and we got connecting rooms. So they have always been good to us indeed! I don't need an upgrade, I just want to be near my kids!

21 day trip report LIVE from Amtrak, Disneyland & EB Repo through the Panama Canal!
poohmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: