Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #316
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMarlin View Post
Holy Smokes!!! I did a quick search and got a big

It appears the laws are that you may not purchase liquor on Sunday, and all liquor served in Galveston must be purchased in Texas, so we should expect a limited bar menu until we clear the 3-mile island radius to open water.

I called DCL and they confirmed that if you order a Bon Voyage package that includes any alcohol, it cannot be delivered to your room until the ship clears the 3-mile border.

The DCL agent did not have a specific policy warning of the BYO issues in Galveston and did not have any anecdotal evidence of troubles for BYO. She seemed to think we were just fine, that it was the ship that was constrained not individuals.

A quick scan of the various chat boards showed many people having issues, but all of them were non-DCL and there were even a few from DCL laughing at the others that had stuff confiscated.

Hopefully this was a red herring and we look to be good for BYO.

So whatcha bringing... I am thinking a bottle of Scotch, nothing fancy, and maybe Bourbon. Debating on rum and/or vodka for the girls. (We have 4 cabins)
No need to bring anything for me. I will be drinking frozen peach margaritas and link koolers.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:54 PM   #317
Texan920
Earning My Ears

Hi all,

I just reserved my first Disney Cruise a week ago and very new to this forum.
Been searching on the web for what to expect and what to plan for, I'm so glad I found this link. I would love to join the DIS meet n greet. Any words on how the FE work?

Thanks

Ps: do they have any church service ( mass) on board for Easter Sunday? Any thanks
Texan920 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 01:56 AM   #318
pchyjewels
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone!

My family just booked this cruise and we are excited. This is our first Disney cruise with our boys, Daniel (3) and Reed (2). I am interested to join the FE and am not sure if it's too late to join.

I am trying to catch up on the discussions but there are so many threads. I will continue to catch up if it's not too late to join. I'm hoping to find others with little toddlers!
pchyjewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:05 AM   #319
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchyjewels View Post
Hello everyone!

My family just booked this cruise and we are excited. This is our first Disney cruise with our boys, Daniel (3) and Reed (2). I am interested to join the FE and am not sure if it's too late to join.

I am trying to catch up on the discussions but there are so many threads. I will continue to catch up if it's not too late to join. I'm hoping to find others with little toddlers!
We closed the first group of FE. But, there is still room in group two.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:07 AM   #320
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

No school due to article wind chill. The kids will be so happy
Now I have to figure out if I am going to wake them up for their 7:30 orthodontist appointment or reschedule it.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:38 AM   #321
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMBA View Post
So cool St. Somewhere. You mist be proud. My DD is attending the Tech School and High school. She wants to go into film production and animation. She is studying Digital Media and is involved with Skills USA. She took second place in the local competition and will be going to states after we return from our trip.
This is a unplugg and relax tip for us.

Could you please have Erik? post a link to the second list for the meet

Thank you.

Looking forward to meeting all of you.
That sounds pretty cool.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:08 AM   #322
Mistylynn526
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere
Now I have to figure out if I am going to wake them up for their 7:30 orthodontist appointment or reschedule it.
Lucky!!! I teach and have been waiting for a snow day or cold day...no luck yet. Just love the random call that we can all sleep in and enjoy the day together. We had a great winter last year which meant no snow days. Hoping for at least one this year. No snow = a sad 5 yo.
Mistylynn526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:25 AM   #323
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Enjoy the wind chill day! I am holding my breath for no snow/ice until after Feb when we get back from my birthday weekend cruise. It's 25 here this morning with a wind chill of 19 I'm sure it's much colder in the north.
MAD4EEYORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:25 AM   #324
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistylynn526 View Post
Lucky!!! I teach and have been waiting for a snow day or cold day...no luck yet. Just love the random call that we can all sleep in and enjoy the day together. We had a great winter last year which meant no snow days. Hoping for at least one this year. No snow = a sad 5 yo.
The first cold/snow day this year.

They were off yesterday for MLK.

ETA- It took the kids to their orthodontist appointment. I did not think it was that bad. My car said it was -1 degree. Wind Chill makes it -25.

Last edited by stsomewhere; 01-22-2013 at 07:29 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #325
gerryswifehlt
Earning My Ears

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD4EEYORE View Post
Enjoy the wind chill day! I am holding my breath for no snow/ice until after Feb when we get back from my birthday weekend cruise. It's 25 here this morning with a wind chill of 19 I'm sure it's much colder in the north.
We are in NE Ohio where it is a balmy 9º!! No school for any of the kiddos around here.

Two other answers I think I have- Disney Visa card saves 10% on merchandise over $50 at the parks.

There are two different church services on board- Catholic and Protestant.

I have learned how to make door magnets- I am sooo excited! That's what we've been doing with the long weekend. I think we'll have a different theme for every day. Cabin 6570-Come check us out.

And just found out my FE is in the mail (I cannot so worth a darn and didn't want it falling apart the first time someone put something in it - ).

Last edited by gerryswifehlt; 01-22-2013 at 07:43 AM. Reason: spelling error
gerryswifehlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #326
Mistylynn526
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE="

I have learned how to make door magnets- I am sooo excited! That's what we've been doing with the long weekend. I think we'll have a different theme for every day. Cabin 6570-Come check us out.

[/QUOTE]

How do you make magnets?!?!?!?
Old 01-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #327
Mistylynn526
Earning My Ears

Quote:

The first cold/snow day this year.

They were off yesterday for MLK.

ETA- It took the kids to their orthodontist appointment. I did not think it was that bad. My car said it was -1 degree. Wind Chill makes it -25.
We were off yesterday as well. It was 7 in my car this am and -14 wind chill. I think we might get snow Sunday...fingers crossed!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #328
urbkols
Mouseketeer

No snow days here. Not to rub it in buts gonna be 75. Few more months and we all get to enjoy the sunshine with a liquid refreshment.

urbkols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #329
Mistylynn526
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbkols
No snow days here. Not to rub it in buts gonna be 75. Few more months and we all get to enjoy the sunshine with a liquid refreshment.
Where are you? I'd trade the 14 now for 75 any day!!!! Sunshine and drinks...can't wait!!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #330
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbkols View Post
My mom and I were in Santa Monica in Sept. (before our Disney Pixar Cruise).
It was cold. We were sitting around the fire-pit at Lowes in sweatshirts and long pants. We were freezing.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: