Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 07:06 AM   #31
Ksmith1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids
Is this your first DCL cruise? If so I think you can only book 75 days out. Unless you are staying concierge, which is 120 days out. So you would have to wait for that window. Also you have to be paid in full. If none of those apply to you then just keep trying. Some times the website can be wonky. I tried SEVERAL times to book and it kept kicking me out. Seems like some times during the day are busier than others. I found working at off times I had better luck. HTH.
Thanks! Yes this is our first with DCL and we still have a balance so that explains a lot.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:57 AM   #32
teamadco
Earning My Ears

Disney Magic here we come!

Excited to be first time cruisers!

Ok not sure if I did this right, this is my first post ever and our first cruise as well! The KSF deal was too good to pass up. My husband, 3 yr old daughter and I look forward to some Dsiney fun!
I wanted to know about recommended excursions for toddlers? So thanks for post about Nachi Cocom, i will definitely look into that. I only saw the Playa Mia excursion thru DCL, which had great reviews on tripadvisor but feel odd about paying $70 for my daughter, so we were considering taking a cab there as she would probably be ready togo before the tour bus returned. I must say I am excited to see other families with toddlers going as well!
I was planning on packing a couple of my daughters princess costumes for dinner, is that something other kids do? Also I see we have a pirate night instead of a formal night, awesome! So getting our costumes together already...any other fun themes or things we need to bring along?
Counting down to April...
teamadco is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #33
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamadco View Post
Excited to be first time cruisers!

Ok not sure if I did this right, this is my first post ever and our first cruise as well! The KSF deal was too good to pass up. My husband, 3 yr old daughter and I look forward to some Dsiney fun!
I wanted to know about recommended excursions for toddlers? So thanks for post about Nachi Cocom, i will definitely look into that. I only saw the Playa Mia excursion thru DCL, which had great reviews on tripadvisor but feel odd about paying $70 for my daughter, so we were considering taking a cab there as she would probably be ready togo before the tour bus returned. I must say I am excited to see other families with toddlers going as well!
I was planning on packing a couple of my daughters princess costumes for dinner, is that something other kids do? Also I see we have a pirate night instead of a formal night, awesome! So getting our costumes together already...any other fun themes or things we need to bring along?
Counting down to April...
Welcome!!

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:13 AM   #34
Ana~n~Joseph
I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met Mickey for the first time

Well, I'm off this cruise We are now on the April 12th cruise.... with my in laws I hope you all have a great time!!!!

Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - BLT, AKL & Disney Dream w/ BFF; Jan 2015 - Pop Century; October 2015 - Wine & Dine Half; Nov 2015 - Disney Wonder;
Ana~n~Joseph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #35
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana~n~Joseph View Post
Well, I'm off this cruise We are now on the April 12th cruise.... with my in laws I hope you all have a great time!!!!
Oh! Sorry to hear that! But at least you are still cruising! AND you have less time to wait now~

Old 01-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #36
teamadco
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarudinski View Post
We are on this sailing, was starting to wonder if anyone else was on it. It will be myself, my husband, my father and our 2 daughters (14 & 8). This is not our first cruise, actually most of the cruises we have been on have been on the Magic. I will be gladto help out with any questions that I can =). It should be a nice trip. Everyone here is looking forward to having a relaxing vacation =).
I am so glad you love the Magic! I am wondering if there is a bippity bopidi boutique on board? Do you know by any chance?
Old 01-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #37
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am so glad you love the Magic! I am wondering if there is a bippity bopidi boutique on board? Do you know by any chance?
No. There isn't one on the magic. Sorry.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:50 PM   #38
teamadco
Earning My Ears

We went ahead and put our deposit on Nachi Como Beach Club. It was only $11 per person to reserve so worse case we change our mind and just lose $22. But based on Trip Advisor and Disboards it sounds pretty great. We have a 3 yr old so if your group ends up going we can have a toddler party!
Since you are a first time cruiser also, do you know whats going on with these fish extender things?
Old 01-22-2013, 11:29 PM   #39
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to comment on the Nachi Colcum beach club. It was the best beach day ever. They provide you with a thatched umbrella, chairs, lunch and all you can drink.they also have water toys like the water trampoline. The pool and hot tubs was great as well. For lunch we got an app, entree, and dessert. Can't remember what all we had but the chips, salsa, and guacamole was outstanding. It was peaceful and relaxing. They only allow 50 or 100 ppl per day. They have hair braiding, massages, and motor sports that you can pay extra for. It's 5.00 per person plus tip for cab it was very accessible and when you are ready to return to the ship let nachi know youre ready to go and they will call a cab for you. They even gave us a bottle of water for the ride back. It was very easy and we felt safe. It was just 2 women and an 11 yo girl. We were never bothered or felt unsafe. I plan on booking there when we hit the western again. If you have any questions just ask. Have a great cruise. We are on the 3/29 on the Magic. Wish I was headed to Cozumel with ya.
MAD4EEYORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #40
teamadco
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD4EEYORE View Post
Just wanted to comment on the Nachi Colcum beach club. It was the best beach day ever. They provide you with a thatched umbrella, chairs, lunch and all you can drink.they also have water toys like the water trampoline. The pool and hot tubs was great as well. For lunch we got an app, entree, and dessert. Can't remember what all we had but the chips, salsa, and guacamole was outstanding. It was peaceful and relaxing. They only allow 50 or 100 ppl per day. They have hair braiding, massages, and motor sports that you can pay extra for. It's 5.00 per person plus tip for cab it was very accessible and when you are ready to return to the ship let nachi know youre ready to go and they will call a cab for you. They even gave us a bottle of water for the ride back. It was very easy and we felt safe. It was just 2 women and an 11 yo girl. We were never bothered or felt unsafe. I plan on booking there when we hit the western again. If you have any questions just ask. Have a great cruise. We are on the 3/29 on the Magic. Wish I was headed to Cozumel with ya.
Thank you for the info! I am loving this forum!
On your past cruises has your daughter ever dressed up as a princess? I was thinking of packing my 3 yo favorite princess outfits.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:41 AM   #41
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamadco

Thank you for the info! I am loving this forum!
On your past cruises has your daughter ever dressed up as a princess? I was thinking of packing my 3 yo favorite princess outfits.
Sadly my DD is 11 and thinks she is way past that but you do see the little girls dressed in their princess finery. They get so much attention from the princess' , characters and staff. She won't be out of place. Don't forget to dress up for pirate night. That's a lot of fun as well. My DD, my mom and myself all dress up for that.
MAD4EEYORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #42
Ksmith1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamadco
We went ahead and put our deposit on Nachi Como Beach Club. It was only $11 per person to reserve so worse case we change our mind and just lose $22. But based on Trip Advisor and Disboards it sounds pretty great. We have a 3 yr old so if your group ends up going we can have a toddler party!
Since you are a first time cruiser also, do you know whats going on with these fish extender things?
We want to do nachi also. It's so much cheaper and sounds really nice. Mabey we will see you there I have a 3 yr old son and my daughter will be 16 months on cruise
Old 01-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #43
Ana~n~Joseph
I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met Mickey for the first time

Quote:
I'm so jealous - that's what I really wanted to do. Unfortunately now that I'm on the April 12th cruise, Nachi is sold out for my date :-(

Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - BLT, AKL & Disney Dream w/ BFF; Jan 2015 - Pop Century; October 2015 - Wine & Dine Half; Nov 2015 - Disney Wonder;
Ana~n~Joseph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #44
jarudinski
Mouseketeer

Quote:
There is not a boutique on board. The last time we were on the Magic, back in 2010, they did a princess makeover for the kids. They closed down the Mickey Mates shop early and allowed the girls (2 at a time, get makeovers.) However this was in Russia on the night of the ballet and princess excursions, so I am guessing this was a one of a time occurance and not a new feature on the ship. This is also something they most likely will not offer on a 4 night cruise. There are a few offerings for mini manicures for pre-teens offered in the spa. They usually have hair braiding services offered ob the top decks.

Quote:
I was planning on packing a couple of my daughters princess costumes for dinner, is that something other kids do?
When my daughters were younger they enjoyed dressing up. They got lots of extra attention at dinner and from the princesses. So this is really not out of the norm to see kids in princess dresses and pirate gear during pirate night.

Quote:
do you know whats going on with these fish extender things?
We have done fishe extenders on our last 2 cruises. The kids love them and keep asking me if we are doing them again this year. My older daughter (14) wants to help me make something, since I am kinda crafty and enjoy making gifts. But I have not seen any mention yet. Maybe that is due to so many firest timers on board, so I will explain it and if that is someone folks are interested in I will be glad to manage it.

Basically a fe (fish extender) exchange is a small gift exchange. Those who chose to particpate are assigned a night (or some prefer to give anytime during the cruise) and leave a small trinket/gift to the other participants. The gifts can be store bought or hand made. There is a huge variety of want can be given, we have recieved things such as stickers & candy. As well as location gifts, such as a bottle of sand from the florida folks, small bottles of rum and tobasco. Picture frames, notepads, ornaments, magnets for the door. The list goes on and on (There are several threads dedicated to gift ideas). You can give gifts as Kids only, Adults Only, whole family, each individual. The opions vary as much as the gifts. The idea is mainly to have fun as it is not meant to cause to much stress of worry.

Julie

Disney Wonder Alaska August 10, 2015
Disney Dream Bahamas July 13, 2014
Disney Magic Galvastan Apr 16, 2013
Disney Dream Bahamas Aug 16,2011
Disney Wonder Alaska June 7, 2011
Disney Magic Baltic Cruise 2010
Disney Magic Mexican Riviera 2008
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2007
Disney Magic Eastern Carribbean 2005
Disney Magic Western Carribbean 2004, 2006
jarudinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #45
teamadco
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarudinski View Post
There is not a boutique on board. The last time we were on the Magic, back in 2010, they did a princess makeover for the kids. They closed down the Mickey Mates shop early and allowed the girls (2 at a time, get makeovers.) However this was in Russia on the night of the ballet and princess excursions, so I am guessing this was a one of a time occurance and not a new feature on the ship. This is also something they most likely will not offer on a 4 night cruise. There are a few offerings for mini manicures for pre-teens offered in the spa. They usually have hair braiding services offered ob the top decks.

When my daughters were younger they enjoyed dressing up. They got lots of extra attention at dinner and from the princesses. So this is really not out of the norm to see kids in princess dresses and pirate gear during pirate night.

We have done fishe extenders on our last 2 cruises. The kids love them and keep asking me if we are doing them again this year. My older daughter (14) wants to help me make something, since I am kinda crafty and enjoy making gifts. But I have not seen any mention yet. Maybe that is due to so many firest timers on board, so I will explain it and if that is someone folks are interested in I will be glad to manage it.

Basically a fe (fish extender) exchange is a small gift exchange. Those who chose to particpate are assigned a night (or some prefer to give anytime during the cruise) and leave a small trinket/gift to the other participants. The gifts can be store bought or hand made. There is a huge variety of want can be given, we have recieved things such as stickers & candy. As well as location gifts, such as a bottle of sand from the florida folks, small bottles of rum and tobasco. Picture frames, notepads, ornaments, magnets for the door. The list goes on and on (There are several threads dedicated to gift ideas). You can give gifts as Kids only, Adults Only, whole family, each individual. The opions vary as much as the gifts. The idea is mainly to have fun as it is not meant to cause to much stress of worry.

Julie
THANKS for all the info Julie! Super helpful! We will surely pack all our princess gear.

Also if someone is interested in the FE lets do it!
Disney Magic April 2013 Western Caribbean

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: