Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #61
Mageemommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by okstategrads View Post
There's a thread of Disney Secrets that had awesome ideas!! We're going to do the following:
1 order milk and cookies
2 take pillowcases and sharpies and leave with guest services for autographs
3 take an 11x14 picture mat for characters to sign and leave with guest services
4 leave our passports with guest services so they will get stamped with GC and MX.
Oh what great ideas!! Thanks for sharing!!
Mageemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #62
Melamill
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone. We just booked our cabin and I am so excited. We went on the Wonder back in 2009 and had a blast. This time our kids are older so they will enjoy it even more. It will be me, my husband, my daughter who is 9 and my son who is 6. We live in Georgia so we have to fly to Texas. I am a little anxious about that part of the trip. I am not a good flyer and we have never been to Texas so we have no idea where to stay the night before and how to get from the airport to Galveston but we will figure it out. I am very excited to find this board to chat with people that will be on the same cruise with us.
Melamill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #63
Melamill
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow white 5 View Post
Sorry, I asked where everyone was from and I didn't tell you where I was from. Ha we are from Georgia this is our fourth Disney cruise we were booked on the fantasy during this time but couldn't pass up this great deal. We love the Magic.
Another Georgian here! How cool!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #64
Snow white 5
Earning My Ears

Melamill,

Welcome, We are up in Hoschton GA near the mall of Georgia area. We are flying in the night before on delta and flying back home on Saturday after the cruise.

We are doing two separate dolphin swims at the same location ut splitting up my husband will take the two older boys on the push and pull one and I'm doing the one that you just play with the dolphin with the 5year old. That's in GC

I think we will do a beach something in Cozumel.
Snow white 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #65
Melamill
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow white 5 View Post
Melamill,

Welcome, We are up in Hoschton GA near the mall of Georgia area. We are flying in the night before on delta and flying back home on Saturday after the cruise.

We are doing two separate dolphin swims at the same location ut splitting up my husband will take the two older boys on the push and pull one and I'm doing the one that you just play with the dolphin with the 5year old. That's in GC

I think we will do a beach something in Cozumel.
What a coincidence. We are also near the Mall of Georgia, in Suwanee. I have had many friends that have lived in the Hoschton area over the years. My parents used to live in Dacula so I am really familiar with that area. We are also flying out on Delta the night before (Friday) and coming home the day after (Saturday). Wouldn't it be something if we were on the same flight as well? Are you guys staying in Galveston the night before or closer to the airport? We are driving to Galveston since I have heard so many negative things about staying near the airport.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:07 PM   #66
Mageemommy
Mouseketeer

All the DFW folks, are you guys driving or flying? And are you heading down on Friday or Saturday morning? I have heard traffic can be back getting into Galveston on Saturdays so I haven't made up my mind yet?? Any tips??
Mageemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:44 AM   #67
Snow white 5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melamill View Post
What a coincidence. We are also near the Mall of Georgia, in Suwanee. I have had many friends that have lived in the Hoschton area over the years. My parents used to live in Dacula so I am really familiar with that area. We are also flying out on Delta the night before (Friday) and coming home the day after (Saturday). Wouldn't it be something if we were on the same flight as well? Are you guys staying in Galveston the night before or closer to the airport? We are driving to Galveston since I have heard so many negative things about staying near the airport.
That's to funny what a small world. Right now we are staying at the Houston Airport Marriott from what I understand it's on the same property as the airport. Are you renting a car? I'm not sure yet about transportation we were thinking of taking a taxi or hiring a car service. We could do Disney transfers. We don't get into houston until 11pm Are you guys flying into IAH?
Snow white 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:06 AM   #68
mawhite424
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageemommy View Post
All the DFW folks, are you guys driving or flying? And are you heading down on Friday or Saturday morning? I have heard traffic can be back getting into Galveston on Saturdays so I haven't made up my mind yet?? Any tips??
I used to live in that area, and we've driven the distance many times. I would come the day before if you can swing it. If there are just the two of you, maybe someone can share a ride with you? If you decide to drive down on Saturday, get an early start!
*edited to say* If you fly, definitely do so the day before. Flights are too unpredictable!

At any rate, it's great that you're planning ahead!

Last edited by mawhite424; 01-22-2013 at 10:58 AM.
mawhite424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #69
reneaterry
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageemommy
We're planning on driving down Friday evening.
reneaterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #70
ryleigh'smom2004
Earning My Ears

Excursions

We are doing the Family Beach day at Tiki Beach in the Caymans and then the Mayan Ruins & Discover Mexico Cultural Park in Cozumel. Anyone else doing these excursions also?
summer 2007: All Star Sports
Oct. 2008: Port Orleans
June 2009: Saratoga Springs DVC Members
June 2010:Off property and Boardwalk
Dec 2010: Animal Kingdom Lodge (just me and the hubby)
June 2012: Old Key West
April 2013: Our first family cruise on the Magic
November 2013: Adult only cruise on the Wonder
ryleigh'smom2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:30 AM   #71
mawhite424
Mouseketeer

anyone else have a GTY reservation? I upgraded this morning to a 4b from a 5c, and I just assumed they would have an actual room available. I searched the forums and can't find an instance where someone didn't get at least the category they were assigned. *biting fingernails!*

Old 01-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #72
ronniegintx
Earning My Ears

I also have a gty 4A reservation. Waiting for cabin assignment. I read that typically 40 days from sailing is when it will be assigned. Only can be equal to or better than what you paid for.

Me: Ronnie Husband, Donald DD Kari 15 DD Genna 8
ronniegintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #73
mawhite424
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniegintx View Post
I also have a gty 4A reservation. Waiting for cabin assignment. I read that typically 40 days from sailing is when it will be assigned. Only can be equal to or better than what you paid for.
haha, unless nobody cancels. Ok, I'm gonna be a glass half full girl from here on out. At least I have a buddy in waiting.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #74
ronniegintx
Earning My Ears

Tips

After reading through the extensive list of tips, these are the ones that I will be using.

Baby Powder - removes sand from feet after beach
Dollar Store - Over the door shoe organizer for bathroom toiletries to free up counter space
Highlighters & Post it notes for activity tracking - one of each color
Zip lock baggies in different sizes
Dollar Store - hamper for dirty clothes
Glow bracelets
Soft sided cooler
Suction cup hooks - for hanging wet bathing suits
Extension cord/power strip
Night light for the bathroom
Wire Hangers
Bathroom spray
Extra memory card
Sports Bottles for Drinks
Old 01-22-2013, 04:03 PM   #75
ronniegintx
Earning My Ears

Fish Extender

I would like to be counted in for the Fish Extender. This sounds like a lot of fun. I would love to include the links that I have found for some sites that have pictures of the actual "Fish Extender" that hangs as well as the small trinkets, but per the rules of this forum, I have to have a minimum of 10 posts before being allowed to do that.

So this is post #8

Going to post other stuff to get me to #10 thanks for understanding.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: