Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #286
sdlong329
"Life is just a Fantasy!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkinfamily View Post
We are sailing on the Fantasy for Christmas 2013 and need a few recommendations for dinner servers...ours were good, not great, on the Wonder to Alaska last summer...our DD is 10 at time of sailing...we want someone who will be fun fir her at dinner. Suggestions?
At this time, it would be hard to make suggestions for 11-12 months out. Contracts for servers generally do not last for more than 6 months, and their vacation time can range from 2-4 months. You might want to try checking back around June (save this thread as a favorite).

As an example, I just left the Fantasy on 12/15. One server was just coming on the ship, but will be off the ship in December. Another Palo server was just leaving the ship, will be back on the ship ... but will be leaving the ship (again) in August.

Steven
sdlong329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #287
parkinfamily
Livin' the Disney Dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlong329 View Post
At this time, it would be hard to make suggestions for 11-12 months out. Contracts for servers generally do not last for more than 6 months, and their vacation time can range from 2-4 months. You might want to try checking back around June (save this thread as a favorite).

As an example, I just left the Fantasy on 12/15. One server was just coming on the ship, but will be off the ship in December. Another Palo server was just leaving the ship, will be back on the ship ... but will be leaving the ship (again) in August.

Steven
Thanks for that...looks like maybe we should ask again in July/August? Appreciate the info.

parkinfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #288
sdlong329

I'm sending a care package to one of my favorite Assistant Servers ... Rado Hristev (Bulgaria) ... currently sailing on the Fantasy. A box of Peppermint Bark (semi-sweet chocolate infused with peppermint oil, a layer of white chocolate, topped with crushed peppermint candy canes) ... along with Peanut Brittle. You can't get THAT in the Caribbean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkinfamily View Post
looks like maybe we should ask again in July/August?
Yes, that would be fine.

Steven
Old 01-14-2013, 10:21 AM   #289
sdlong329

Fantasy update

1/14/12 UPDATE:

Ciao Romano (Phillipines), Palo & Main Dining Rooms: Contract extended through March 2013

Ivan Frick (Hungary), Palo: On vacation

Rado Hristev (Bulgaria), Main Dining Rooms: Soon to be promoted from Assistant Server to Server
Old 01-17-2013, 08:37 AM   #290
wwm4167
Earning My Ears

crusie activities staff from EBTA 2011

The cruise activity staff from the 2011 EBTA sailing on the magic was amazing, especially Chase. Anyone have any info on where they are now???? (Is Peter still Cruise Directing on the Magic?)
wwm4167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #291
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Peter was our cruise director on the November 10th sailing on the Magic.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:25 AM   #292
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

Stephen, did you run in to Tina from Activity Staff on the Fantasy? She shared her FB info with us but I misplaced it... She was from Michigan.
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14DCL Magic May '14 DCL Dream August '14
gigi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:09 PM   #293
sdlong329

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi1313 View Post
Stephen, did you run in to Tina from Activity Staff on the Fantasy? She shared her FB info with us but I misplaced it... She was from Michigan.
Actually, I do not remember anyone from the activity staff ... did not seem to do many activities on the Maiden Voyage, or in December either. I still have a lot of the ship I need to investigate!

You might consider sending an e-mail to DCL Guest Communications ... send a simple praise to them about Tina ... and if they would be in a position to let you know her last name ... so you can use it in further correspondence (I would refrain from referencing anything about Facebook). If they *do* provide her last name, HOPEFULLY, you will be able to find her! If not ... you have to go on another cruise REAL SOON!

Steven
Old 01-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #294
magic carpet man
Magic Carpet Man

Happy Goofy

Happy Goofy! Andrew Wilson (Dancer) here! I can't believe you remember me enough to be a favorite crew member! Hope all is well!
magic carpet man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #295
sdlong329

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic carpet man View Post
Happy Goofy! Andrew Wilson (Dancer) here! I can't believe you remember me enough to be a favorite crew member! Hope all is well!
Andrew - Are you still with DCL? If so, what ship? Are you still in the same department? I will make sure Happy Goofy knows you responded.

Steven
Old 01-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #296
magic carpet man
Magic Carpet Man

Hello Steven! I was looking at the cruises you've done and it looks like I was working on a few of yours! The Wonder in '08 (We opened Toy Story that month -- was it on your cruise?), the Magic EB Transatlantic ( I taught the Dancing With The Officers Segment of the Talent Show) LOVED that cruise and Madeira and the Fantasy inaugural. Unfortunately I didn't perform in Aladdin that first cruise because I had just sustained an injury the week before. Hope life is good! I left DCL this summer and now work at DCA
magic carpet man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #297
Happy Goofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic carpet man
We are in Merritt island for the winter. . I have been having some eye problems which sometimes affects my balance. We did the. Hawaiian cruise and are doing the Panama in May. We are about 5 minutes from the port and often go down and watch the Dream and Fantasy leave. Hope to cruise someday on the newer ships . You,

Clayton and Jessica were so nice to me when I was learning the dance with Clayton If you ever get a few hours off we would love to meet you for lunch or coffee etc.My cell is 860 402 4873,
Happy Goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #298
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Any recommendations for servers on the Magic? Doing the June 1 Med. We're doing a big family cruise and would love it if we got a great server team.

Thanks!
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #299
gumbypee
DIS Veteran

Lil pooh , goran is fantastic
gumbypee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #300
sdlong329

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Any recommendations for servers on the Magic? Doing the June 1 Med. We're doing a big family cruise and would love it if we got a great server team.
I have not been on the Magic for quite some time now ... but I did send a message to a CM who transferred from the Magic. He is trying to see who is on the ship now, as we speak. I hope to get some names for you, and others.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: