Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #1516
Brooklyn
"la dolce far niente" (the sweetness of doing nothing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
Someone a few pages ago asked about using a snack credit for a milkshake at Beaches and Cream. The answer is YES! Each night we were at SAB the kids (and me too!) would get a shake from the takeout window and enjoy them poolside. In fact, when we told the kids that we would be staying at BC is year, my daughter asked if we could get shakes again...so it definitely made an impression on her!
THANK YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathigh10 View Post
I've been wanting to go to Beaches and Cream so it will be nice to use a snack credit to get a milk shake. Can you use a snack credit to get other things there?
Yes I know other ice cream options are also available as snack credits. Allears.net lists some on their menu page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymommy2pink View Post
We eat at Epcot more often than not. So nice to just walk back. Teppan Edo and Biergarten are favorite. We have also eaten at most other countries lol. Akershus is great princess dinner without dining in the castle cost. The Mexican restaurant is fab as well. LE Cellier! Rose and Crown, Chefs de France..it is all so good!
We also LOVE Teppan Edo. We used to love Le Cellier but I don't think it is worth 2TS credits now.

Last edited by Brooklyn; 01-22-2013 at 06:43 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #1517
Me!Thatswho
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
The pastry in the lounge is very good, but I haven't heard any reports of donuts in the lounge for over 4 years.

Me!Thatswho- Have you seen any donuts?
Sorry. No donuts. Tons of other goodies though, including oreo bonbons two nights ago and a very tasty coconut pastry this morning!
August, 2005 - WDW All-Stars Movies & All-Stars Music -- May, 2006 - WDW Port Orleans French Quarter for SWW -- June, 2007 - WDW Contemporary for SWW -- Dec, 2007 - WDW Pop Century & Contemporary for MVMCP -- July, 2008 - DL Disneyland Hotel -- Dec, 2008 - Jan, 2009 - WDW Polynesian; NYE @ DHS -- Dec, 2009 - Jan, 2010 - WDW Polynesian; NYE: breakfast at AK; mid-day @ Blizzard Beach; evening @ Epcot for Illuminations; fireworks on Poly beach -- Oct, 2010 - WDW Polynesian for MNSSHP -- Nov, 2011 - DL Grand Californian Hotel -- Aug 2012 - WDW Beach Club CL -- Jan 2013 - WDW Yacht Club CL -- Dec 2013 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside: DD danced in XMas parade taping -- July 2014 - DLP Hotel New York

My first ever Trip Report - DLP or bust! w/ Lots of Pics!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #1518
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me!Thatswho View Post
Sorry. No donuts. Tons of other goodies though, including oreo bonbons two nights ago and a very tasty coconut pastry this morning!
OMG!!! The coconut danish was the best thing I had in the lounge. Well, maybe it was the lobster salad, but the coconut pastry was mighty good!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:26 PM   #1519
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMG!!! The coconut danish was the best thing I had in the lounge. Well, maybe it was the lobster salad, but the coconut pastry was mighty good!
It's almost 10:30pm EST! Too late for Dee to be posting! Go to sleep!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:35 PM   #1520
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
It's almost 10:30pm EST! Too late for Dee to be posting! Go to sleep!
At least I didn't type coconut pastie!

Yes, time for bed!

G'night all!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #1521
dana278
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Today was our 180 day mark and I got an email this morning at 7:30 AM with all of our ADR's all set for us. I told them at the IPO office that I would prefer to go later with our dinner reservations if they didn't have the time we wanted and every request was exactly as I would have done it myself, but so much easier for me. I also requested a beach shack at TL and got it with out a problem.

The people at the BC IPO office have been amazing!!!!
Quick question about this, please!

I haven't been to WDW in about 15 years so I'm basically brand new to everything that they do now. From what I'm gathering from all of my reading here, I believe you can see your ADRs online and cancel/change them at any time, correct? (Assuming times are available, of course.) I guess this is through your online Disney account, right? Well if you make them with the IPO office are you still able to see them online to cancel or make changes, or do you have to go through the IPO office every time?

Thanks!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:02 AM   #1522
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Thanks for the news west&east. Anticipation......

Hang in there Sue. One more day and 'Here Comes the Mouse'......
Tomorrow is our last day in Lauderdale we got lots of visiting in. Went to the Ale House for dinner tonight with family, and they took off the Key lime Pie from the dessert menu
Wednesday bright and early we hit the Turnpike for WDW and POFQ then the long wait for August YC
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 01-22-2013, 01:10 AM   #1523
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymommy2pink View Post
August can not come soon enough..it is currently -2.2 degree farinheit here lol...tomorrow has a high of even LOWER (-13 lol)...I want winter to be over!!!!
so glad I live in BC! We think its too cold to go out if its -1c and have to get the fur lined flip flops out
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Old 01-22-2013, 01:15 AM   #1524
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
Someone a few pages ago asked about using a snack credit for a milkshake at Beaches and Cream. The answer is YES! Each night we were at SAB the kids (and me too!) would get a shake from the takeout window and enjoy them poolside. In fact, when we told the kids that we would be staying at BC is year, my daughter asked if we could get shakes again...so it definitely made an impression on her!
wow! I can feel my waistline expanding already.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:29 AM   #1525
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
OK, the pic of the homemade potato chips.....................that's just plain mean!!!

Sitting here at my desk, minding my own business, scrolling through my favorite Dis thread and...........................BAM................. .in my face.

Haven't had a potato chip in over a month now
it IS mean!!! I got addicted to those chips, and now I want some!

Old 01-22-2013, 05:58 AM   #1526
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Hi there everyone! Thank you for the fabulous thread! We just booked Beach Club for August yesterday. It looks like I have a lot of reading to do!

We booked a standard room. Does anyone know what views are available with those? I am assuming parking lot but maybe there are other areas to request? I am not too worried about it, we're just happy to be staying there for the first time and got a fabulous rate!
We have stayed at BWV and know that we absolutely love being able to walk to Epcot and DHS.

Once it gets closer I will request a balcony but I know it's a 50/50 shot.
Hope to get to know you all better as I plan
and happy reading!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

As far as your request for a full balcony, I would suggest adding the request to your reservation now, then call around 10-14 days before your trip to make sure it is still noted.

The view from a standard room will be a parking lot or rooftops. I'm not sure it is worth putting in requests in this category concerning view. You could put in a request for a location if you prefer to be closer to the lobby or closer to EPCOT, but if it was me, I would just stick with the balcony request.

You could also see if there are garden views available for your trip, usually around $10 or so more per night than standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsWEsq View Post
We just booked our first stay at BC for August 24-31! I look forward to obsessively following this thread and the photo thread for the next seven months.

I'll add you to the list.

We look forward to hearing from you in the next few months. Let us know if you have any questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmum View Post
Subscribing to this thread..as we have decided to stay at the BC for our next trip! Our kids are big Epcot fans...we spend more time there than any other park (well, in the two previous times we have gone).

Looking forward to getting to know folks..very excited!!

I'll add you to the list.

You picked the perfect resort for EPCOT lovers!

Old 01-22-2013, 06:18 AM   #1527
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've been wanting to go to Beaches and Cream so it will be nice to use a snack credit to get a milk shake. Can you use a snack credit to get other things there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post

Yes I know other ice cream options are also available as snack credits. Allears.net lists some on their menu page.
Here's the listing from that website of the items available as DDP Snack Credits from the Beaches & Cream to go window:

Ice Cream Creations
Hand-Scooped Ice Cream: Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, Mint Chocolate Chip, Coffee, Butter Pecan, and Orange Sherbet

Ice Cream Cup or Sugar Cone Single $3.49 ; Double $4.49

Waffle Cone - Single $3.99 ; Double $4.99

Ice Cream Sandwich - favorite ice cream flavor between two chocolate chip cookies $4.19

Malts and Milkshakes $5.29

Coke or Root Beer Float $4.99

Beverages
Soft Drinks - Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Root Beer, Orange $2.99

Coffee, Tea or Hot Chocolate $2.59

Pink Lemonade or Iced Tea $2.99

Last edited by natebenma; 01-22-2013 at 06:26 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:19 AM   #1528
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Tomorrow is our last day in Lauderdale we got lots of visiting in. Went to the Ale House for dinner tonight with family, and they took off the Key lime Pie from the dessert menu
Wednesday bright and early we hit the Turnpike for WDW and POFQ then the long wait for August YC
Sue, wishing you wonderful weather the rest of your trip. Thanks for checking in with us!!! Enjoy!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:43 AM   #1529
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me!Thatswho View Post
Last year they didnt have donuts either I was hoping they brought them back. But the coconut pastry sounds delicious!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:59 AM   #1530
Brooklyn
"la dolce far niente" (the sweetness of doing nothing)

Snacks around the world

This thread is one of the best! It lists "every" snack that can be used as a SC....there are some great items that some people don't realize are a SC.

This is 2013 and still being updated:
http://www.www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3039087

This is the 2012 thread to get an idea of the places that are still missing:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43602721

I have taken the best items from this list and made a 8.5 x 5.5 card printed on both sides and laminated that I carry with us in the parks. I organized it much like he did by parks and the resort we are staying at so when we are somewhere and want a snack my family looks at the card and knows the "best" options for the park we are at.

The one thing I did notice though is that milkshakes were not listed last year at BC but it seems as if it was something that was overlooked based on other posters!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: