Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #632
marvali
DIS Veteran

Okay, so finally all caught up.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
After a joyful ride on splash mountain it was time to head back across the park and use up a fast pass for winnie the pooh we had gotten earlier after we went on Peter Pan.

So looks like we are all ready to go. Well Noelle had other plans, something else tickled her fancy.

Yep our plan to just her fall asleep wherever and whenever worked, she knocked out cold on the walk back to Pooh.
That is too cute! I guess there are many places it is appropriate to say......."When you gotta go..........."

Quote:
these are some of my favorite pics with parker this trip glad we stopped.

In spite of how wonderful it is to have digital cameras and see all the colors so well, there are times that a Black and White picture just WORKS......and that is one of them! I also love how well the Mickey addition to the color picture really sets it off.

Quote:
a few of the peanuts that parker found in the ground.
So cool............need to look for those next trip!

Quote:
less than 5 seconds before the dad came back the kid stopped, it went on for at least 5 minutes straight.

we vowed to not let it faze us and moved on to our next destination...coming up in next chapter.
That is just crazy, but good for you guys not letting it bother you and ruin your day. I guess even at Disney there are any number of times our days could be ruined if we let them.

Quote:
next up we hit an all time family favorite. along with captain EO i remember riding this over and over again as a kid.

noelle thought it was an opportunity to wave to her fans down below.
Such a Cutie pie!!!

Quote:
noelle was feeling her out but parker dropped right into his routine of autographs and eating up the interaction.

Yeah, well what red-blooded male could resist THAT smile!!!

Quote:
then came time for the official princess wave...

yep looks pretty legit to me. but i am a little biased on her.
Have to agree......great job for the little Princess!!!

Quote:
and then the whole group was able to join minus ol dad of course.
Four cuties..........I guess they didn't want to mess up the picture...............

Quote:
Our spots were getting a little more crowded but we had frozen delite to keep us company.
Now, that's no way to talk about Candi...........

Quote:
noelle isnt impressed.

Looks more like that "soaking it all in" expression..........

Quote:
best part of the day for parker came next.

the sneaky ol' crook captain hook.

he walked over from the other side of the road, passed every kid before us came right to parker and asked for a high five.
Parker should have held up one crooked finger on his other hand and asked for a High SIX instead!!!

Quote:
when we got off i was thrilled to tell candi my score, she just looked at me smirked and said i got 750,000
something about that ride is hard to beat her, i mean look at this determination even while holding noelle.

Didn't you try to use Noelle as your excuse on the previous ride???

Quote:
here is the following conversation.

parker "dad"
me "yeah buddy"
parker "can you hold me?"
me "why?"
parker "so i can see"
me "see what?"
parker "just see" ( one of the answers you give when you try and brush something off because it is getting later in the day and even though you are in disney and having fun, you are tired)
Enjoy that while you can. The day will come..............

Quote:
for desert, parker ate my chocolate cake, or at least the frosting part then gave it back to me and said here dad im done.
Too funny..........

Hey Dan, who ate the icing off of YOUR cake???

Quote:
Hmm...moving on, we are soon loading our seats and noelle seems to think that she needs to stand hmmm something seems afoot here.
I hope aFOOT is a little lower than this situation seems to indicate...........

Quote:
Its about this point that we can see our lunch location where we ate in the second window over from the right hand side.

and also this point that we "smell" what the hug and standing was all about.
It's a world of laughter, a world of...............

Ah yes, the sights, sounds and smells of Disney!!!

Quote:
Get in locker grab items close locker. check phone, head back. All I need to do is beat the Parade out of its starting gate and Im good to go.

Well No need to keep you in suspense, I could have stopped for a photopass pic with mickey i was crushing the time.

Same skill set on the way back to the family, i made it back in 11 minutes flat. Still had time to catch my breath before they even started on main street.

Once back with the family i could not resist i glanced over at the dad next to us and gave the yeah thats right, i crushed it look.
Nice..............

Quote:
they were sure ushering buses towards our line pretty fast, we counted 5 buses that came and went and we were still a few rows back in the line.
looks like the tiredness got the best of her.
Such a sweetie! Great job she hung in there that long with such a busy day.......

Quote:
he wanted to stop and get a picture in front of the wave pool
That kid is such a "poser" but I guess when you are that cute.............
Quote:
zoomed in a little more to see the wave pool
Yeah, I see what you were trying to zoom in on...............

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #633
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

All caught up here. So much to comment on, I think I may have missed 4 updates.

Noelle seems to be taking to the princesses when she figures out whats going on.
However she may not be a IASW fan.

CoP and no pictures of the bulliten message board?

Need to get back to Cosmic Rays- Always seem to be over by CHH instead.

Not one but 2 parades- and a great time at that.

Wore the kids out and tossing the stroller under the bus- that must of felt good.

Wave pool huh? I see what you are doing......
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 01-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #634
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

The Wave Pool would be my favorite and the Lazy River !! The kids looked sooo cute all dressed for the Water Park!!! Looking forward to more pix !! I really think we need to add the water parks next family trip !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 01-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #635
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I thought I'd missed another update then I realised Marv had come out of DISretirement !!!!
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

Old 01-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #636
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I thought I'd missed another update then I realised Marv had come out of DISretirement !!!!
DISretirement.............you are proud of that one aren't you??? How many threads does this make you've used it on now???

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 01-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #637
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

All caught up after my trip!

Love the quick TL pictures! I've always liked that park so much more than BB but I suppose it all comes down to what type of water thrills you enjoy. Can't wait to hear more!

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney
Old 01-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #638
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
I'm all caught up with your report. I seriously neglected the Dis over the holidays!
its okay things come up and get in the way, glad to see you back and all caught up, hope you had a good holidays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Nice little teaser for Typhoon Lagoon. The kids look so cute in their "water park clothes and hats."

Have a great weekend; can't wait to read more about the water park.
thanks, they enjoy them as they love the water.
thanks it was a good long weekend, and almost time for another weekend to get here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Thanks for mini update

Kids look cute in their gear

Can't wait to hear about your day

thanks, hope to have it up tomorrow, just got back from a long weekend and almost time for another weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
ITA with the others, the kids are so cute in their waterpark gear!

Jill in CO
thanks, water park days are great nice and relaxing and usually means we have a meal at one of our favorite dinner spots for the night.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 01-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #639
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
The kids are adorable in their waterpark gear and I love the closeup of Parker. Ah, Typhoon Lagoon and a warm day sound like heaven right now!
it sure does when we are sitting in this teen weather. i could go for it right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Okay, so finally all caught up.............
now i have a ton of work to catch up on your catching up responses.
That is too cute! I guess there are many places it is appropriate to say......."When you gotta go..........."

In spite of how wonderful it is to have digital cameras and see all the colors so well, there are times that a Black and White picture just WORKS......and that is one of them! I also love how well the Mickey addition to the color picture really sets it off.
i really do enjoy that black and white on that one as well. thanks
So cool............need to look for those next trip!

That is just crazy, but good for you guys not letting it bother you and ruin your day. I guess even at Disney there are any number of times our days could be ruined if we let them.

Such a Cutie pie!!!

Yeah, well what red-blooded male could resist THAT smile!!!

Have to agree......great job for the little Princess!!!

Four cuties..........I guess they didn't want to mess up the picture...............
thats why im in a total of 14 pictures from the entire trip.
Now, that's no way to talk about Candi...........

Looks more like that "soaking it all in" expression..........

Parker should have held up one crooked finger on his other hand and asked for a High SIX instead!!!

Didn't you try to use Noelle as your excuse on the previous ride???
it works when i describe my score, but she helps when describing candis score.

Enjoy that while you can. The day will come..............

Too funny..........

Hey Dan, who ate the icing off of YOUR cake???

I hope aFOOT is a little lower than this situation seems to indicate...........

It's a world of laughter, a world of...............

Ah yes, the sights, sounds and smells of Disney!!!

Nice..............

Such a sweetie! Great job she hung in there that long with such a busy day.......

That kid is such a "poser" but I guess when you are that cute.............
Yeah, I see what you were trying to zoom in on...............
yep trying to zoom in on the wave pool, why what are you talking about.

honestly glad to see you around again though. stop being so busy next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
All caught up here. So much to comment on, I think I may have missed 4 updates.

Noelle seems to be taking to the princesses when she figures out whats going on.
However she may not be a IASW fan.
hope she doesnt try and use that to get out of it next trip, otherwise we might have a cop out move by her.

CoP and no pictures of the bulliten message board?
i totally forgot about the board, will try better next time.
Need to get back to Cosmic Rays- Always seem to be over by CHH instead.

Not one but 2 parades- and a great time at that.

Wore the kids out and tossing the stroller under the bus- that must of felt good.

Wave pool huh? I see what you are doing......
you have the same mindset as marv, i actually didnt see it until i looked at home. if i did i might have tried to zoom more before i took it.

Quote:
The Wave Pool would be my favorite and the Lazy River !! The kids looked sooo cute all dressed for the Water Park!!! Looking forward to more pix !! I really think we need to add the water parks next family trip !!
i do enjoy a good lazy river, but usually not a good idea to fall asleep now with the little ones, maybe when they get older in there though.

i think you guys would enjoy them they are a ton of fun.

Quote:
ohhh burned marv

Quote:
DISretirement.............you are proud of that one aren't you??? How many threads does this make you've used it on now???
this is the only one i saw it on so far so i enjoy it keep up the good work rosie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyindisney View Post
All caught up after my trip!

Love the quick TL pictures! I've always liked that park so much more than BB but I suppose it all comes down to what type of water thrills you enjoy. Can't wait to hear more!
hope you had a great time, how was it?

plan to have the rest of thew ater park day up tomorrow.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 01-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #640
FauntleroyFAN07

Real Life intermission

real life intermission.

didnt have time to finish the rest of the water park chapters but will finish them up tomorrow...

also like the past two years i have been shaving my head to help raise money for childhood cancer research...

last year my tally was a little over 1,600 i raised the event went for over 65,000 so that was awesome.

if you would like to make a donation to this send me a PM and ill get you the link that you can donate online for the cause. ill post pictures as the time comes when it is shaved.

sorry no new update earlier this week, candi and i dropped the kiddies off at grandma and grandpas and hit the road. we went to a state park and stayed at the inn for a few days tagged onto the weekend.

but first on the way down we stopped at a local brewery and had a little beer sampling.

they were good and we talked to many locals, which were very friendly.

then we figured we were driving through another town that had a winery so might as well stop there as well we were in no hurry to get to our destination.

finally that evening we made our destination. very cool bed.

had two tables and a TV stand around the corner.

as we enter the bathroom we see the Jacuzzi tub that i knew candi would enjoy.

but we didnt see the fridge that was suppose to be in the room, then we found it...it was hiding. behind the bathroom door.

i can say this is the first time i have ever seen a fridge on the counter in the bathroom...it cracked us up the whole time.

"whats that hun, you need a drink, hold on let me go to the bathroom and get you some more wine."

this state park has awesome trails so when the temperature gets down to the low teens what are you too doo, but bundle up super good.

thermals, long sleeve, sweatshirts, snow pants, hats, gloves, cant move good time to roll out.

some things to consider when hiking, first is get prepped which candi did.

then find the trail.

check
observe your surroundings in case you get lost so you can find your way back out.

check

take a self portrait so you can be identified if something happens to you. (dont mind the dumb colts hat, thats what i get for letting a colts fan pack my bag and she leaves out my bears hat.)

check

make sure you take many breaks to not get over tired in the cold temps.

check

find a suitable shelter in case you get stuck and need to spend the night in the woods.

check

get a ice dagger to throw at animals in case they are charging you for disturbing there winter hibernation.

check.

practice ninja kicks on ice so you are limber enough to fight off those crazy animals you may encounter. this is a video.

check

checklist complete.

enjoy the hike.

we came upon the ladders.

then our favorite trail with the walls to climb up with footholds, and walk across the ledges.

it was at this point we heard a shallow/muffled breathing and sort of grunting of a animal. so i yelled back to show i meant business and to not mess with us.

after climbing down the wall ledges and the stream this is shows what we just climbed down.

then an older couple took our picture farther down we warned them to not go up the falls as it was pretty slick and we didnt think they had good enough shoes to hold there traction...he told me later that night by the lodge fireplace that he was happy i told him as it was slick and they turned back before they went to far.

when we got back to the nature center we spotted a wall that had the animals that could be found in the park, and we think this is the guy that was up in the hallowed out wall of the cliff that was making the noise down at us...glad we got out of there.

so all the time for today but will be back tomorrow with more, hope everyone enjoyed and sees why i wasnt around this week...it was a good relaxing time to sit back and do nothing.

Blessed by the Best
Old 01-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #641
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

You are so funny! Love your updates! Glad you had a great time, the place looks beautiful! If my DH saw that pic of bobcats being there we would have had to go back out and look for them.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:41 PM   #642
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Looks like a cool place stay.

You and Candi sure are adventurous. Looks very pretty there.

I would have freaked had I seen that Bob Cat

Loved the video of candi and her Ninja skills
Old 01-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #643
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a nice getaway. So nice to get a weekend like that.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 01-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #644
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As many as I want
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 01-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #645
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Dan that cabin looked awesome so rustic !! The Bath fridge is definately hmmm different !!!!
[/B][/URL]
[

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: