DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
your friend
Mouseketeer

Ok Correct me if I'm wrong...

I'm just thinking about direct purchases and resales as a result of the fear of drastic changes to the resale buyer's rights. My questions is why would Disney care about resales enough to limit their use? Here's how I see it...people sell their purchases for many different reasons that we don't know, tired of it, regretting purchase, etc... If the initial purchase has been made and then resold Disney is still making money by DVC members visiting more often through perk tickets, dining, and merchandise purchases. Personally I am not looking at DVC as a savings but as a way to go to Disney with a touch of luxury that I have never experienced by staying at value resorts exclusively. So it brings me back to the question, why inflict restrictions? Disney is still selling direct and people are still buying through the resale market. To me I see it as a win win for them. People are still buying into ownership. I do understand that a direct purchase is a huge sell for them but I don't understand the fear of resale restrictions besides the ones they have already implemented.

Trips
Pop Century: Nov. 2011
Boardwalk Inn: Nov. 2013
Art of Animation: Dec.2014

your friend is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: