Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #1996
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247
RC family please pray for my family. We got a call that my cousin in California was killed by her ex husband last night.
Dani, that is so very sad. I will keep your family in my prayers.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 01-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #1997
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247
RC family please pray for my family. We got a call that my cousin in California was killed by her ex husband last night.
Dani- how terrible. Absolutely in my thoughts and prayers.
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #1998
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Dani, how very sad, you and your family will be in my prayers.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 01-21-2013, 01:53 PM   #1999
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
{says the Patriots fan}

The game was getting so bad that I decided to distract myself by calling CRO to check on Poly GV CL availability....nada.

YC CL stands....
Well at least your team made the playoffs. I can't even remember the last time the Cowboys had a decent season. I was so fed up with them this year, I actually didn't want them to win their last game against the Redskins. I felt like they had played terrible all season and didn't deserve a play off game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
No Super Bowl for me this year...Jim Harbaugh is a jerk and I can say nothing good about Ray Lewis....moving on to hockey and its almost time for pitchers and catchers
Just be glad your team doesn't have Jerry Jones. I am convinced that until he removes himself as GM, the Cowboys won't get any better. It's been so long since I watched hockey, it's not even funny. The last time I went to a playoff game Modano and Hatcher were playing for the Stars. Playing WoW kept me from being able to watch the games, and where I live now, I have no where to watch it. I can't wait for baseball season to start!! Even though one of my favorite to Rangers (Mike Napoli) left the team. Oh well, at least I still have Elvis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Just popping in....not heading up to bed. DH and I are not seeing eye to eye on how much time the girls will spend at the funeral on Wednesday. If I have my way they will be there "some" and then get picked up by my parents and taken home. Anyway...we'll see.

Dreaming of our trip....a lot. Can't wait. Must meet another RCer...who will it be?? Deena maybe??? Your one night plan sounds great!! Can I come???

BTW thank you everyone for the comments...I am lucky to have your friendship.
I'm so sorry to hear about her passing. Hopefully, you can come to a compromise on how much time the girls should be there. Keeping your family in our prayers.

Quote:
I 'm so sorry, that is just terrible. Sending prayers

I had intended on getting caught up today, but it has just been too chatty. I still haven't talked to the school about financing yet. I'll do it tomorrow. I'm looking at getting a job to help pay for tuition. One of the elementary schools in the district has an opening for the front office, so I'm going to apply for that. If I get it, we'll either look for a house, or downgrade our WDW trip and still try and make it work. I like the idea of saving the CR /wTPV for a graduation present to myself anyway.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-21-2013, 02:30 PM   #2000
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Dani - I am so sorry to hear this news. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 01-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #2001
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Date change.

I got my flights changed so we are going to do 8/7-8/17. I'm booked all 10 nights at YC CL at the moment, but that's subject to change if I can get Poly CL at a good rate for the first few nights.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 01-21-2013, 04:00 PM   #2002
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

hugs and prayers for both Jenny and Dani! Hope your families are doing as well as expected under the circumstances!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 01-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #2003
padawans
DIS Veteran

Just got off the phone with a very long guest services call. I just found out they stopped the interline rates on Jan 19. Ok I could care less about the interline rates. A company can do what ever they want. The problem was I wasn't told when I made the reservation 2 weeks ago that this was going to happen. The cm informed me that I could no longer make any changes to my reservation. No changing resorts no adding days and no changing dates. Nada, and my reservations are paid in full to the tune of 4500 dollars. I was PO'd to say the least. How do you take someones money and not tell them the terms of the reservation are changing. They put me through to guest services who told me they end promotions all the time and that's the way it is. I called him out on that. I basically told him he was a flat out liar. I have changed reservations after promotions ended all the time. Let's just say it wasn't a friendly phone call. He found a way to change what I wanted before it escalated further. Thankfully I know I am not an idiot and know when I'm being lied to. I will can say with certainty that I will no longer be an Annual passholder after Sept 17. At the moment I hate everything Disney. I don't know if I'll even be back on these boards. I'm off to write guest service a not so nice letter.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #2004
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Just got off the phone with a very long guest services call. I just found out they stopped the interline rates on Jan 19. Ok I could care less about the interline rates. A company can do what ever they want. The problem was I wasn't told when I made the reservation 2 weeks ago that this was going to happen. The cm informed me that I could no longer make any changes to my reservation. No changing resorts no adding days and no changing dates. Nada, and my reservations are paid in full to the tune of 4500 dollars. I was PO'd to say the least. How do you take someones money and not tell them the terms of the reservation are changing. They put me through to guest services who told me they end promotions all the time and that's the way it is. I called him out on that. I basically told him he was a flat out liar. I have changed reservations after promotions ended all the time. Let's just say it wasn't a friendly phone call. He found a way to change what I wanted before it escalated further. Thankfully I know I am not an idiot and know when I'm being lied to. I will can say with certainty that I will no longer be an Annual passholder after Sept 17. At the moment I hate everything Disney. I don't know if I'll even be back on these boards. I'm off to write guest service a not so nice letter.
Ok, I was actually going to PM you today about this because I saw a thread on the discount boards and thought for sure they were wrong...but, I guess not

So, you were able to change, or no??? I'm sorry you were given such a hard time...would have been nice to have some notice!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #2005
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Doctor for us, too. Stephen has to get his sports physical this morning. Then I'm coming home to pack....I hope.

Good to "see" you, too. This is a very, very last minute mini-trip for Faith's b-day. And it was totally Bill's idea...no lie! He had a 35% off pin code so we jumped on it! POR Royal Room. I'm excited about trying a new resort. We leave on Friday and come home on Sunday. Just doing MK on Saturday and DTD on Sunday.

Glad to hear positive things about BOG!! We will definitely do this for dinner in 2014....even if it wasn't good food I would probably still go just to see the inside of the restaurant

Hope all is well with you and your family. I'm so out of the loop, too, Shelia. Y'all staying warm up north??
Heather sounds like a wonderful mini trip for Faiths B-Day, I love the look of the RR. We are having a mini snow storm today I can not wait for Spring

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 01-21-2013, 05:31 PM   #2006
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Dani keeping You and your family in my thoughts and prayers

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 01-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #2007
sjs314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
You must allow the lone Cali girl on this thread to say ......... YAY 49ers!!!!

Now off to Epcot I go!
Linda Hope you had a wonderful day!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 01-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #2008
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok, I was actually going to PM you today about this because I saw a thread on the discount boards and thought for sure they were wrong...but, I guess not

So, you were able to change, or no??? I'm sorry you were given such a hard time...would have been nice to have some notice!
Yes he changed it. Only because I knew he was lying to me and was able to point it out to him. He had no choice but to make the change after that. I added a couple of days. I did write a letter to guest services. I am seriously thinking about just cancelling everything. I really don't want anything to do with Disney anymore. I don't know if there is anything they can do to win me back as a customer after this. It's not about the interline discounts being cancelled. There are other discounts that are comparable such as the bb rate. I hate the interline rates anyway. I hate having to book my room only as a package. The fact that they took my money without telling me the conditions of the reservation are changing is ridiculous. I wanted to change one of my reservations to September, and he would not do that for me.

I'm very disappointed in their customer service, and the way they handled this. I don't handle being lied to very well. I'm sure there will be other people calling to make date changes and such and are going to get a rude awakening. It's very disappointing to be treated like crap when you have shelled over as much money to a company as I have 25-30k a year. Not feeling the Disney love anymore. I think I'll start planning my Hawaii trip for 2014 and my Royal Carribbean cruise. No Aulani or DCL for me. I'm done.

I hope they continue the Military discounts.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #2009
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Yes he changed it. Only because I knew he was lying to me and was able to point it out to him. He had no choice but to make the change after that. I added a couple of days. I did write a letter to guest services. I am seriously thinking about just cancelling everything. I really don't want anything to do with Disney anymore. I don't know if there is anything they can do to win me back as a customer after this. It's not about the interline discounts being cancelled. There are other discounts that are comparable such as the bb rate. I hate the interline rates anyway. I hate having to book my room only as a package. The fact that they took my money without telling me the conditions of the reservation are changing is ridiculous. I wanted to change one of my reservations to September, and he would not do that for me.

I'm very disappointed in their customer service, and the way they handled this. I don't handle being lied to very well. I'm sure there will be other people calling to make date changes and such and are going to get a rude awakening. It's very disappointing to be treated like crap when you have shelled over as much money to a company as I have 25-30k a year. Not feeling the Disney love anymore. I think I'll start planning my Hawaii trip for 2014 and my Royal Carribbean cruise. No Aulani or DCL for me. I'm done.

I hope they continue the Military discounts.
I'm not holding out much hope that those will continue much longer...I was actually surprised that they did extend this year to be honest.

I think that as much as you call though, someone would have given you a heads up that this was coming down the pike, but then again, booking people don't always know what they are talking about unfortunately.

This is exactly what happened in the other thread I referenced, where the person called to book an Interline rate and was advised that there were none anymore. Again, a heads up would have been nice.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #2010
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm not holding out much hope that those will continue much longer...I was actually surprised that they did extend this year to be honest.

I think that as much as you call though, someone would have given you a heads up that this was coming down the pike, but then again, booking people don't always know what they are talking about unfortunately.

This is exactly what happened in the other thread I referenced, where the person called to book an Interline rate and was advised that there were none anymore. Again, a heads up would have been nice.
They took my money on the 19th and did not say a word about not being able to make changes. I called three or four times to change things last week. Not a word. The fact that I cannot change my paid in full reservation if an emergency arises should have been explained to me before they took my money. If something happens and I cannot afford Club level. I guess I am just SOL.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: