Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #1
Fairiesx3
Earning My Ears

Strange question

Hi all!
My husband and I eloped and are now planning a small "wedding" for our kids. We are planning a wdw trip the end of may. I know u can watch the fireworks from the beach at the poly. Do you think it would be possible to stage a quick fake wedding(under 10 minutes) on the beach, eat dinner, then watch the fireworks? I don't want to go through Disney because of the expense and we are already married. Just need a quick vow exchange before dinner. Do you think it's possible?
Fairiesx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairiesx3 View Post
Hi all!
My husband and I eloped and are now planning a small "wedding" for our kids. We are planning a wdw trip the end of may. I know u can watch the fireworks from the beach at the poly. Do you think it would be possible to stage a quick fake wedding(under 10 minutes) on the beach, eat dinner, then watch the fireworks? I don't want to go through Disney because of the expense and we are already married. Just need a quick vow exchange before dinner. Do you think it's possible?
All weddings on Disney property need to go through Disney. And they aren't cheap.

You might try someplace offsite, like a park or something.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

It sounds like you just want to stand on the beach, recite a few lines to your spouse while your children watch, and then move on to dinner. You should be able to do this anywhere on the beach. Many people get engaged on the beach and the Photopass CMs take pics; this sounds more low-key than that. There is also a nice gazebo on the Boardwalk in front of the ESPN restaurant.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #4
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Hi all!
As long as you are keeping it very low key, basically a small group enjoying a private moment, then you will probably be fine. As long as you aren't making a big deal with wedding dresses, flowers and a minister. I'd recommend that you try Sunset Pointe (if it isn't already being used for a wedding) since it is a bit more out of the way and you won't be surrounded by people who just want to enjoy the beach.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:43 PM   #5
Fairiesx3
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much! Yes, very low key. Basically get cute for dinner, quick little moment on the beach(my uncle will fake marry us) and go on to dinner to celebrate. We would find somewhere out of the way so we don't disturb anyone. Thanks for the location suggestions too!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #6
chefmb
DIS Veteran

My brother and Sister-in-law renewed their vows for their 25th anniversary. It was just them and their three children. The kids "officiated". They just used a main (public) balcony at the Wilderness Lodge (where they were staying)--it actually was a beautiful setting. Then they had a wonderful dinner at Narcoosee's and went to the Fireworks Dessert Party at MK to celebrate. Enjoy your special time, and CONGRATULATIONS!
chefmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #7
PosadaGirl519
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
All weddings on Disney property need to go through Disney. And they aren't cheap.

You might try someplace offsite, like a park or something.
I am judging by the wedding standards my friends had in NYC or here on Long Island. We were married in Disney is 2009. I spent half of what everyone else did for their weddings and I would re-do my day over and over. I got married at the Wedding Pavilion, reception at the Atlantic Dance Hall, and dessert party in France during Illuimations. There was a package for an intimate wedding of a dozen people that was only 5K (at the time). My friend opted for this - It was a small ceremony at the Y/BC, dessert and campaign, pictures, and video. Then I think they took everyone out to dinner after to celebrate.

I had an AMAZING experience the entire time. Everything was Disney Service. I was able to take advantage of the free consultation and menu tasting (which was AWESOME!!!) But if you guys want to keep it low key I understand that as well. You can plan the whole thing over email and phone calls and you will be given a dynamic product. You are going to be there anyway. It is worth it to have that touch of magic only Disney can do The cakes are outstanding! Congratulations on your wedding and I hope your marriage is full of magic

March 1985 OP
, March 1988 OP, March 1991 OP, Christmas 1993 OP, January 1999 OP, March 2005 OP, August 2008 AllSS, May 2009 '29th Birthday Celebration' POR, December 2009 'Fairy Tale Wedding' AKL, November 2011 'Quinn's 1st Birthday' SSTHV , March 2013 'Kennedy's 1st Birthday' BWV, October 2013 'Cary's 35th Birthday Present'
PosadaGirl519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #8
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks so much! Yes, very low key. Basically get cute for dinner, quick little moment on the beach(my uncle will fake marry us) and go on to dinner to celebrate. We would find somewhere out of the way so we don't disturb anyone. Thanks for the location suggestions too!
We renewed our vows at the empty Off Kilter stage in Epcot ten years ago. Had the whole family there, my brother-in-law recited our vows of twenty years previous. Took about five minutes, we didn't bother anyone and no one cared. So what you want to do is fine.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #9
Fairiesx3
Earning My Ears

Thank you! That is exactly what we want to do, just on the beach area. Glad to know it shouldn't be an issue
Old 01-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #10
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you! That is exactly what we want to do, just on the beach area. Glad to know it shouldn't be an issue
Make sure you get "Just Married" buttons from a park's Guest Relations or your resort to wear during the "ceremony". You might not have been "just married" but you kinda sorta were. So enjoy.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: