Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #1
geishagirl81
Mouseketeer

Would you upgrade from free Quick Service to Deluxe?

I too am on Free Dining 2013 watch Hoping we get an offer for our late September trip (Will change to October for better promos) We have always done the regular dining plan, even when we don't get it free. Mainly because my husband loves having meals prepaid and because to him a desert with every meal is TRULY being on vacation!! Last March was our first free dining trip and we upgraded from quick service to regular. This trip that I am planning the hubby wants me to upgrade from quick service (under the hope it will be free) to the deluxe.

In this scenario, I would plan on using 1 table service credit for lunch and 2 for dinner for 2 adults and 2 kids. I wouldn't anticipate us wasting any credits. BUT I will admit it seems like a ton of food even though we are foodies. I have crunched numbers and we would come out ahead BUT even with the hoped for free dining - credit we'd still be spending a LOT of money on food.

At what point do you say it is just food and pass on spending a month's grocery budget in less than a week? I can't decide if it will be worth it.

my hubby, the overworked and underappreciated me the crazy homeschool mom my lovable goofball son and my sweet and sassy little Stinkerbell
geishagirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: