Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #16
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by antree

After I read this post last night, I searched google too and came up with the Disney Cruise.
I didn't like that Nestle site doesn't talk about it. I am going to contact Nestle
before our next trip in Nov.
My DS is 10 now and has been eating them for about 5 yrs now. I hate to think we just have been lucky. His Peanut Allergy is off the chart as the nurse said one time. Every time he gets tested it just gets higher and higher. His tree nut allergy goes up and down, which is confusing.
I am going to have to research this some more.
Your right because I am not sure by the post but it sound like Disney might be playing it safe by saying it made in te plant. Since they make the other items with nuts their. It might not be made on the same equipment just in same building that could also be why your okay. Not sure how serve the allergy is but try nestle and see what they say.

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #17
disfan07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney david View Post
Your right because I am not sure by the post but it sound like Disney might be playing it safe by saying it made in te plant. Since they make the other items with nuts their. It might not be made on the same equipment just in same building that could also be why your okay. Not sure how serve the allergy is but try nestle and see what they say.
I've never eaten the Mickey bars. I've always been told they were off limits because of cross contamination. My peanut allergy is through the roof high. I get retested every 6 months right now to see what's going on with my allergies and My allergist skips testing me for peanuts on the skin test right now because it's just too severe and it complicates the reading of the other allergens.

I personally don't trust nestle. I have found that thei labeling stinks and they are not too open about their possible cross contamination issues. At least with products in The US. They are better in Canada and Europe.

I just went to Disney in December with anaphylaxis allergies to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs and shellfish plus additional mild to moderate allergies to wheat, oats, coconut, sesame, ginger, broccoli, and soy. I am also sensitive to all raw fruits and veggies because of oral allergy syndrome.

They were amazing. I ate better for that week than I have since my most recent 8 allergies were diagnosed last June. It was so wonderful. We ate at POP century food court, sunshine seasons, 50s prime time, Sci Fi, Columbia harbor house, the plaza, crystal palace, 1900 park fare, plus a few other places. The chefs were amazing. But be aware....when we were there, the chefs were slammed with allergy requests. When we went to prime time, there were two chefs making the rounds to 7 allergy tables while we were there so lunch was about 2 hours for us that day. But it was amazing and so worth it.
All Star Sports (2007, 2008); All Star Music (2001); Caribbean Beach (1992, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999); Coronado Springs (2004); Port Orleans French Quarter (2007); Port Orleans Riverside (2014); Wilderness Lodge (2006); Pop Century (2010, 2012); Saratoga Springs (2013); The Contemporary (2013); Grand Floridian (2014)
disfan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #18
NJ Dance Mom
Earning My Ears

I haven't been to WDW in a few years, but have been reading the boards lately to keep current with how they are handling allergies nowadays. Prior to my last trip, I did contact Nestle directly concerning the Mickey Bars. My DD loves them and is also off the charts allergic to peanuts and most nuts. I recall that Nestle responded with their usual response which is something along the lines of "we take food allergies seriously and take every precaution to prevent cross-contamination."

I did let my DD eat the Mickey Bars that trip, but I admit, I freaked out a little each time.

NJ Dance Mom
NJ Dance Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #19
laughinplace199
AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftaslide View Post
^^^^what they said. my oldest daughter has PN/TN allergies. we've been twice and had not problems. just so you do know, the mickey ice cream bar is not considered safe, since it is manufactured in a facility that handles nuts. we were pretty bummed about that, but no big deal. Disney is great with allergies, all you have to do is ask.
Just curious, do you let your DD eat store bought ice cream?

laughinplace199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #20
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

We go to Disney every year with a family member who has severe peanut allergies. Disney is great with accommodating food allergies. I would first contact special diets with any concerns you have.

When you make ADRs online, you can check a box to indicate which food allergy your child has. We always check peanut and tree nut, because of the risk of cross contamination. If you make ADRs on the phone, let the cast member know about the allergy, so that they can include it in your reservations. When you arrive at your ADR, mention the allergy at check-in and with the waitress. They will then send a chef to your table to go over options. TS locations we avoid are Ohanas because of the peanut dipping sauce, Tusker House because they have a pb&j make your own station at lunch and dinner, and any Chinese restaurants.

As for quick service meals, when you reach the cast member at the register, let them know about your allergy and they will send a manager out with a binder full of ingredient information, which they will look up what you want to purchase, and make sure it is safe.

Good luck and if you have any questions, let me know.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: