Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #31
IrenicMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kwallace View Post
My child's fell off somewhere at Orient Beach. We thought we had found it. We took it back to the Kids Club but it belonged to another. FYI, they will make you pay for it. They suggested that I cut it off whenever we leave the ship on an excursion. I do not know if the rough waves at Orient Beach was a contributing factor or not - but 2 bracelets were lost there.
Hmmm - wonder if it was my daughter's?? She lost hers, and her glasses, when we were there in July. We joked that a stingray could finally see, and a star fish was trying to get into the kids club.

And? We were not charged. We fully expected to be, and even asked about it. We were told "these things happen", and that they were glad my daughter was ok (she was swept under).

1979 - Ft. Wilderness * 1984, 1992 & 1998 - Offsite * 1996 - Grand Floridian * 1997 & 2004 - Caribbean Beach * 2006 - Contemporary & Wilderness Lodge *
* 2007 - Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge * 2008 - Swan * 2009 - Dolphin * 2010 - PO Riverside * 2011 - Polynesian & Vero Beach * 2012 - Boardwalk *

DCL Sailed
Wonder 6/09, 10/10, 4/13 * Dream 4/12 * Fantasy 6/12
DCL Upcoming
Magic April 7, 2014 4-night Bahamas
Wonder June 9,2014 7-night Alaskan
IrenicMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #32
bitlerzx4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Started With a Mouse View Post
They became like a second skin to our kids. Not too tight, not too loose. They liked their special 'Disney bracelets'.
Mine too. She had no problem with it.

March 2001(just us) October 2008 (as a family of 4) December 2011 Dream/WDW October 2013 Fantasy Cruise

bitlerzx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 03:06 PM   #33
Scillycruisers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kwallace
My child's fell off somewhere at Orient Beach. We thought we had found it. We took it back to the Kids Club but it belonged to another. FYI, they will make you pay for it. They suggested that I cut it off whenever we leave the ship on an excursion. I do not know if the rough waves at Orient Beach was a contributing factor or not - but 2 bracelets were lost there.
First cruise DS kept the bracelet on the whole time, second cruise we were told to take it off if we were doing beach excursions as it could come off in the surf - probably as a result of several others losing theirs. No need to remove it for CC though.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #34
Wshop
Mouseketeer

We lost one in the surf (not charged). I would have them taken off and then re-attached when on excursions.
Wshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #35
tessa67
Mouseketeer

We also put it around the ankle. Then I can call DD "house arrest" for the whole cruise.
tessa67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:35 PM   #36
reagansmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmmGooD View Post
My DD8 got scared when I peeked out of the theater to see if her mom was coming and managed to leave the theater through another door. She went to a CM and they took her to the club and called my wave phone using the info from the band. So I would encourage your children to keep them on. I didn't realize they took the kids to the club because I looked back in the theater after a minute of being up from my seat and she was gone. I thought for a second I had the wrong row but she wasn't there. Then I looked all over and couldn't find her. Thankfully the CM called maybe a minute later. We were back before my wife showed up
Yes, they told us they normally take them to the Kids Club. Our DD actually made it to our room and our host let her in.
reagansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #37
5kwallace
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrenicMom View Post
Hmmm - wonder if it was my daughter's?? She lost hers, and her glasses, when we were there in July. We joked that a stingray could finally see, and a star fish was trying to get into the kids club.

And? We were not charged. We fully expected to be, and even asked about it. We were told "these things happen", and that they were glad my daughter was ok (she was swept under).
We were there in June. The waves were rough. Our tour guide kept saying that the ocean would take things away from you. She wasn't kidding. My child also lost a swim shoe. I was knocked down and lost a pair of cheap sunglassess. Both managed to wash back up on the shore. I am sorry your daughter lost her glasses. That is one item that can't be replaced on the cruise.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: