Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #2821
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(
 
Chuckers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,169

Quote:
Originally Posted by debedo View Post
Has anybody tried "Be our Guest Restaurant" yet? I tried making ADR for May and they are booked already.....
I just ran into the same problem.. and no lunch ADR's are being taken.
__________________
Chuckers is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #2822
Cinderumbrella
Wench
 
Cinderumbrella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champs!
Posts: 10,302

Quote:
Originally Posted by debedo View Post
Has anybody tried "Be our Guest Restaurant" yet? I tried making ADR for May and they are booked already.....
My only advice is to keep looking. You might find one pop up, especially as your trip nears and people finalize plans. I sometimes have great luck getting "tough" ADRs right around the 45 day mark. Many people make ADR's at 180 days and then end up cancelling their trips for whatever reason.

Good luck!
__________________
Next Trip ~ Grand Wailea Maui ~ November 2014
Yacht Club November 2013~ Pop Century~September 2013~Port Orleans Riverside Royal & Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2013~Pop Century August 2012~
Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2012~Beach Club Stone Harbor Club November 2011~Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2011~Boardwalk Innkeepers Club November 2010~
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #2823
princessand2princes
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 48

Just returned home today from 8 fabulous days at POR. We had the perfect room for us, AB building 14 first floor garden view corner room. It was awesome! Just a short walk to the riverside mill, Fultons store, or the South Depot. Thank you thank you thank you Venomhatch!!!! We sent a Fax 5 days ahead requesting first floor and building 14 (we paid for preferred category) and we got all we asked for and more!!

We loved the resort overall, and would stay there again, but only if we booked preferred category again. We got off on the wrong bus stop one night (still in AB though) and it took forever to get to our room! It was huge! The weather was beautiful, especially early in the week, so my oldest DD used ole man river pool one night and loved it. We did have quite a few issues with buses... Seemed to take forever to get a bus several occasions. We often had standing room only, which is tough with 3 small kids. I hope it was just our bad luck, otherwise I would hate to have to deal with the buses during a busy season!
princessand2princes is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #2824
siskaren
DIS Veteran
 
siskaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 8,213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
I just ran into the same problem.. and no lunch ADR's are being taken.
That's because lunch at BoG is counter service, not table service.
siskaren is online now  
Old 01-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #2825
scampagna6
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessand2princes View Post
Just returned home today from 8 fabulous days at POR. We had the perfect room for us, AB building 14 first floor garden view corner room. It was awesome! Just a short walk to the riverside mill, Fultons store, or the South Depot. Thank you thank you thank you Venomhatch!!!! We sent a Fax 5 days ahead requesting first floor and building 14 (we paid for preferred category) and we got all we asked for and more!!

We loved the resort overall, and would stay there again, but only if we booked preferred category again. We got off on the wrong bus stop one night (still in AB though) and it took forever to get to our room! It was huge! The weather was beautiful, especially early in the week, so my oldest DD used ole man river pool one night and loved it. We did have quite a few issues with buses... Seemed to take forever to get a bus several occasions. We often had standing room only, which is tough with 3 small kids. I hope it was just our bad luck, otherwise I would hate to have to deal with the buses during a busy season!

princessand2princes did you do online check in also after you sent the fax for room request? TIA

Last edited by scampagna6; 01-21-2013 at 12:28 PM. Reason: spelling error
scampagna6 is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #2826
pigletto
DIS Veteran
 
pigletto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,325

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus View Post
8 more sleeps!!

We haven't purchased our park tickets yet and have a room only rez. We were going to just order them via UT but I heard that if you have a room only rez, you can add tickets to your room at a discount?? Is that true?

I know I could call but with a hungry baby and 4 kids running around right now - it was faster to ask here
The only promotion I know of with any ticket discounts is Play,Stay, Dine that is available select dates that CinderUmbrella linked for you above. That isn't a ticket discount so much as an overall percentage discount off of room/dining/tickets overall. I check every discount I can get my hands on and have never seen just a ticket discount from Disney.

The only other thing I can think of is that you may mean the Y.E.S. tickets which are part of the Youth Education Series? We have used those once but they are only offered select times of the year, you have to have a child participating in the class and they fill up almost as soon as they open the registration months in advance.

If you leave in 8 days I am assuming you know that you'll need to use Will Call or get express shipping for your tickets from Undercover Tourist? It's 10 days for regular shipping.
__________________
pigletto is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #2827
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
I just ran into the same problem.. and no lunch ADR's are being taken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
That's because lunch at BoG is counter service, not table service.
Yeah siskaren, your right. Lunch is a walk-in availability until full.
Venomhatch is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #2828
melissarose
Mouseketeer
 
melissarose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 490

what do i do first, check in online or fax in my room request?!
melissarose is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #2829
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Near Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella

If you are referring to one of the promotions going on now where rooms and tickets were discounted when booking a package, I believe that was for stays starting after 2/18/13.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/

This is the link to the special offers. I will add the disclaimer that I do not know how that affects our friends in Canada, but there are some regular posters who are Canadian that can hopefully chime in soon.
Thanks. I wasn't sure how it worked if you only had a room rez. I ended up calling and we can add tickets but it is at the regular price. Buying through other discount agents will save us $35 but not sure it will be worth the hassle to go pick them.

Plus now i am thinking we should have just booked the SPD package. Can i upgrade from room only to that pkg at the late stage?
__________________
DS 11 * DD 9 * DS6 * DS2 * DD Born October 2012
5mouseketeersforus is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #2830
pigletto
DIS Veteran
 
pigletto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,325

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus View Post
Thanks. I wasn't sure how it worked if you only had a room rez. I ended up calling and we can add tickets but it is at the regular price. Buying through other discount agents will save us $35 but not sure it will be worth the hassle to go pick them.

Plus now i am thinking we should have just booked the SPD package. Can i upgrade from room only to that pkg at the late stage?
If there are still rooms available you can. It might not be the type of room you picked or the same resort but you can call and try.
__________________

Last edited by pigletto; 01-21-2013 at 02:02 PM.
pigletto is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #2831
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Near Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 267

Ok so no royal rooms (standard) avail.....so is garden view In a reg room ok??? Or do i spend the extra for preferrrd?? any more upgrades to other rooms/views isnt in the budget unfortunately. We will have a rental minivan so access to bus stops is not necessary but being close to food court would be handy.

I will be sending in our fax later this week but can someone help me figure this out!!!

Arrgghhhh nothing like a last minute change!
__________________
DS 11 * DD 9 * DS6 * DS2 * DD Born October 2012
5mouseketeersforus is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 01:19 PM   #2832
Canooknic
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Posts: 454

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus View Post
Thanks. I wasn't sure how it worked if you only had a room rez. I ended up calling and we can add tickets but it is at the regular price. Buying through other discount agents will save us $35 but not sure it will be worth the hassle to go pick them.
Have you checked at the Disneystore? A neighbour was at the mall the other day and found tickets cheaper than she was getting from her TA (I don't know that actual price unfortunately, but she was happy!)
__________________
Me DH DS 5 DS 5

POR Feb 6-14 2013
POR Feb 2-11 2014
Canooknic is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #2833
quietgirll
DIS Veteran
 
quietgirll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 865

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus
Ok so no royal rooms (standard) avail.....so is garden view In a reg room ok??? Or do i spend the extra for preferrrd?? any more upgrades to other rooms/views isnt in the budget unfortunately. We will have a rental minivan so access to bus stops is not necessary but being close to food court would be handy.

I will be sending in our fax later this week but can someone help me figure this out!!!

Arrgghhhh nothing like a last minute change!
We did standard in a reg room just a couple of weeks ago, and it was great. We decided not to do preferred, and I'm glad we didn't spend the extra. We requested building 16 or 17, and got building 17 and it was awesome!
__________________
quietgirll is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #2834
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran
 
momtwoboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,114

bld 17 is what I requested for our upcoming April trip too! I don't mind an upper floor room either. Did you find the location good? Is it convenient to the laundry room?
__________________
: me (42)
DH (43)
DS (16)
DS (14)
Lily
momtwoboys is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #2835
quietgirll
DIS Veteran
 
quietgirll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 865

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys
bld 17 is what I requested for our upcoming April trip too! I don't mind an upper floor room either. Did you find the location good? Is it convenient to the laundry room?
The only other request we had was upper floor, and we got that too...we just enjoy upper floors so we don't have to hear anyone over us, and there's not much traffic outside our door. We thought the location was GREAT! We went with the standard view, which was convenient to our car when we drove a couple of days, but we were also close to the bus stop/food court/main building. There was a quiet pool right beside us,many the laundry room was there, so it was perfect! As a matter of fact, the night I did laundry, I put the clothes in the washer, walked down to food court to fill my mug, walked around the main area some sightseeing, walked back to laundry room, then back to room, relaxed a bit, then headed back down and picked them up out of,dryer. It was VERY convenient!
__________________
quietgirll is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Š 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: