facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 08:19 AM   #1621
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Hi Debbie,
That seems odd to me, too. 26 is the lowest anyone ever gets. It does seem like there would be a points allowance difference for a 50 pound difference. I know they put things other than weight, height, and gender into the calculation, but that does seem off. Maybe your friends can ask a receptionist or leader about it. (Of course, if they stick with 26 points, they're going to see fantastic first week results. That's not sustainable, however.)
The friend that needs to lose the most, GAINED in her first week. Due to her work schedule, breakfast is at 4:00 a.m., lunch at 10:00 and dinner at 5:00. She said that by the time she was finished lunch, all her points were used up for the day. I suggested she try what another lady in our group is doing -- her "day" starts with dinner, then breakfast, then lunch. Instead of midnight to midnight, she's doing 5:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. as a day. My friend is going to talk to her leader about that today.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #1622
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayCool View Post
I went out to dinner tonight with friends which happens pretty rarely. I tracked every single thing and I really think that I was honest with myself. How do you estimate points when you have no clue what the nutritional info is? I did check the website but it isn't there.
What is it that you were looking for? Maybe one of us can help with something specific.

But I do what Keahgirl said. Find something most like what I ate and track that. I love cheesesteak subs from our local place. Of course that's not on the tracker. But cheesesteak subs from some national chains are on there, so I go to the chain's website and read about their sub and look at pictures if possible. Once I find a sub that matches pretty much with what I ate, I use the tracker info for that sub as my points. Might not be exact, but it is close enough.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #1623
StayCool
DIS Veteran

Ok, so last night I had a hamburger, fries, mac & cheese and some brie with a baguette. I ate the whole hamburger, but I only had a few bites of all the other stuff. I left a lot of stuff on my plate and didn't bring anything home because I don't want it in my house. lol

So I broke my dinner down like this:
Brie 1 oz. - 3
mac n cheese 3 oz - 3
burger - 12
small fries - 6
diet soda - 0

That was the best I could come up with. What do you think?

Sept/Oct. 2014 - First Disney trip and finished the TOT 10 miler!!! Can't wait to go back.
StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #1624
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayCool
Ok, so last night I had a hamburger, fries, mac & cheese and some brie with a baguette. I ate the whole hamburger, but I only had a few bites of all the other stuff. I left a lot of stuff on my plate and didn't bring anything home because I don't want it in my house. lol

Brie 1 oz. - 3
mac n cheese 3 oz - 3
burger - 12
small fries - 6
diet soda - 0

Could be right! Just make sure you are tracking enough for a burger. Depending on how large, how fatty the meat, and what was on it, restaurant burgers can be pretty high in points. Also, if you ate part of the baguette, you left that off.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:35 PM   #1625
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayCool View Post

Brie 1 oz. - 3
mac n cheese 3 oz - 3
burger - 12
small fries - 6
diet soda - 0

Looks good to me except I think you missed the baguette.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #1626
KateB
Mouseketeer

Ok so I decided to try WW because I have 20 stubborn pounds to lose. So far I have 2.2 in about 2 weeks. I was an unbeliever but so far so good! I feel like I am eating healthier & exercising more regularly. 17.8 to go before my trip in June!
August 2012- 3 year Anniversary- Saratoga Springs!!!!

KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #1627
shannon006
DIS Veteran

Ok, I'm getting back on board the WW way! I get 27 pp. Tomorrow is day 1. I am aiming toward running the half marathon!

I'm sure I will be checking in here for some help and motivation
Old 01-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #1628
lg1366
Earning My Ears

I joined last week and am down 3.2 so far. I find putting points per serving on package works for me. Looking forward to Disney oct 2013
Good luck !!
lg1366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #1629
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

It's weigh-in day! I'm down 1.8 pounds, 104.4 overall!
Old 01-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #1630
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
Nice job!! You are such an inspiration to me--I come here to stay / get back on track and always look for your posts! I'm down 1.8 too - but 47.4 overall.

[/img]
christinascreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #1631
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay! That was a big loss for this week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative View Post
Nice job!! You are such an inspiration to me--I come here to stay / get back on track and always look for your posts! I'm down 1.8 too - but 47.4 overall.
"But"? Did you say "But"? Our leader wouldn't settle for that. No "buts" allowed. You are almost to 50 lbs! That's not a "but" -- that's an Awesome, Amazing, Terrific, Wonderful . . . you get the idea.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:01 PM   #1632
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon006
Ok, I'm getting back on board the WW way! I get 27 pp. Tomorrow is day 1. I am aiming toward running the half marathon!

I'm sure I will be checking in here for some help and motivation
Welcome! Good luck on your half marathon training! I am aiming for a 5K to start. I've never done any running whatsoever, so it is an experience just to train for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative

That's great! I am glad to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie

Yay! That was a big loss for this week!

"But"? Did you say "But"? Our leader wouldn't settle for that. No "buts" allowed. You are almost to 50 lbs! That's not a "but" -- that's an Awesome, Amazing, Terrific, Wonderful . . . you get the idea.
Thanks, Debbie!

Yes. What she said. 47.8 is fantastic!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:22 AM   #1633
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Congratulations! You are seriously in the home stretch! How are friends and family dealing with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
SO true.

My leader lost 42 pounds (on her 10th time through WW) to get to her goal, and that 42 pounds is just as important as my 60+ so far, or as much as DH will lose to hit goal (WW goal will mean a 200 lb loss), or someone else's FIVE pound loss! WW simply requires that you are 5 or more pounds above the WW weight for you, so someone who was forward-thinking enough to catch it at 5 or 10 or 40, etc deserves kudos just as much as Keahgirl, or DH will, or the woman interviewed in People magazine who lost over 300 (and she goes to my center and teaches Zumba at my YMCA)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I'm wondering if something was wrong with the WW database or website or whatever on Saturday. I had three friends that joined Saturday and all three of them got 26 points. That's it. Now, one (K -- late 50s) I could see getting 26, she joined to be with her sister (R -- also late 50s). K doesn't have much to lose. R, on the other hand, probably has at least 50 to lose. And R's dil M (30) also joined, she has about 20 to lose. I just don't understand why R only has 26 points. Does this seem odd to anyone else?
I hit 26 points when I was still in the 180s. I was 42 at the time I hit 26 points, I'm 5'3", and I'm shooting for 135 (but the WW range for me can go into the 110s) so I still had around 50 to go (but if I shoot for lower then it will be even more on that #). So I'm not surprised at all.

That said, I eat WAY more than 26 points per day average, since I love my Weeklies and live for my APs, so the 26 point thing doesn't actually change much for me, LOL.

OK I was trying to be really specific, but, alas, when I hit 26 points was when our meeting location was being changed over to the new style, we were in an empty office space next door to our normal space, and for whatever reason no one could run a cord through the wall to have internet access, and it was all being done by hand. And no one actually calculated that out for me, so it's not written on my trackers. So I can't be specific. But I know that I hit the mark in the 180s, and probably in the higher 180s.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:31 AM   #1634
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot

Congratulations! You are seriously in the home stretch! How are friends and family dealing with it?
My family is amazing. My parents are both doing this with me, which is great. When I went back home for Christmas, everyone was so proud and so supportive.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #1635
rhanditresmom
Apparantly I play for the Washington Freedom Soccer Team, and I seem to be good! I had no idea!!
My siblings and I were seriously demented whilst growing up!
dub me "queen of the ellipses."

I just joined back up with WW. I am really inspired to be healthy and I'm so glad there is a "support group" here!
rhanditresmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: