Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #106
arcticdisneylovers
DIS Veteran

I'm leaving right now for CR I'll post a review when I get back or while I'm onsite
Old 01-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #107
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

*jealous* Enjoy!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #108
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticdisneylovers
I'm leaving right now for CR I'll post a review when I get back or while I'm onsite
Have so much fun! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
Old 01-22-2013, 04:23 AM   #109
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
We did the Pirates and Pals fireworks voyage back in 2010 and it was great! I haven't heard of any changes to it so it should still be great. I think Reid would really enjoy
Is it intended for children or would a teen enjoy it (or be terribly embarrassed?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticdisneylovers View Post
Did you get a newly rehabbed room? The crowds must be very low right now
Old 01-22-2013, 06:13 AM   #110
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Is it intended for children or would a teen enjoy it (or be terribly embarrassed?)
I was wondering this as well. I have two boys, a teenager and a toddler so I'm always trying to balance the two. My oldest is fairly tolerant of the things we do for the youngest as he knows we do things for each though. With Peter Pan and pirates I think the youngest would really like it, and I suspect my 13 year old would too.

Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
Old 01-22-2013, 10:35 AM   #111
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

We have stayed at the Contemporary numerous times. This trip will be our first time staying at BLT. Does anyone know what room numbers the grand villas are that have a MK view? We would like to try to request one. How far in advance should we request?
Old 01-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #112
honeymo78
Don't dream it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl
We have stayed at the Contemporary numerous times. This trip will be our first time staying at BLT. Does anyone know what room numbers the grand villas are that have a MK view? We would like to try to request one. How far in advance should we request?
Are you using DVC points for the grand villa? If so you book lake or MK view. Did you book a cash reservation? I'm surprised if grand villas were available for cash. I thought they always sold out on points.
Past trips: 5/13 BWV, 1/13 Dream and OKW, 9/12 Fantasy, 5/12 BLT, 9/11 BWV, 5/11 VGC, 12/10 BWV, 9/10 Wonder and BLT, 5/10 BWV, 12/09 OKW, 10/09 AKV Conc, 5/09 DL GCH, 12/08 SSR, 10/08 CR MKV, 10/07 CR MKV, 3/07 Pop, 2/06 CR MKV, 10/05 WL, 5/04 WL, 8/03 POR/WL, 8/01 POR Many more since the 80s

Old 01-22-2013, 12:51 PM   #113
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Work2Play's BLT Villa Views thread is the ultimate resource:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

Room and villa requests can be put into your reservation at any time. Just call the WDTC and have them place your request in your reservation. Best to do it at least 5 days prior to arrival so the room assignor sees it when it's dropped into the resort's reservation system.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #114
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post
Are you using DVC points for the grand villa? If so you book lake or MK view. Did you book a cash reservation? I'm surprised if grand villas were available for cash. I thought they always sold out on points.
Yes, we are DVC.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #115
arcticdisneylovers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Did you get a newly rehabbed room? The crowds must be very low right now
Definately not a rehabbed room, it is bad need of one. The bedding is very stained and shabby looking. Needs a facelift but we still love the view Unfortunately we had to have maintenance come last night and fix the toliet, there was huge puddle on the floor but it seems to be ok now and we had to have mousekeeping come and change the pillowcases on one of the beds since there was blood on one pillowcase when we checked in

Bu watching the fireworks on the balcony last night was worth every penny of the trip as usual The castle was still changing colours when DD woke up 6:45am this morning. We just came back form a great 1st day at MK, it was awesome and the crowds were light this morning but wait times are up to 60 min for the big rides this afternoon. We made good use of FP and basically walked on everything. Now off to Narcossee's for my favourite lobster
Old 01-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #116
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticdisneylovers View Post
Definately not a rehabbed room, it is bad need of one. The bedding is very stained and shabby looking. Needs a facelift but we still love the view Unfortunately we had to have maintenance come last night and fix the toliet, there was huge puddle on the floor but it seems to be ok now and we had to have mousekeeping come and change the pillowcases on one of the beds since there was blood on one pillowcase when we checked in

Bu watching the fireworks on the balcony last night was worth every penny of the trip as usual The castle was still changing colours when DD woke up 6:45am this morning. We just came back form a great 1st day at MK, it was awesome and the crowds were light this morning but wait times are up to 60 min for the big rides this afternoon. We made good use of FP and basically walked on everything. Now off to Narcossee's for my favourite lobster
You have much more patience than I do. I don't think I could have stayed in that room. So sorry you had a really rough start. I hope everything is better now and you had a great meal with lots of butter! Let us know if you find out anything about the room rehab
Old 01-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #117
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticdisneylovers

Oh no, not a good start! Glad to hear they got things sorted quickly for you and hopefully the rest of your stay is perfect! Maybe I should add Narcoossees to the list of ADRs for the next trip...DH loves lobster!

Disney Magic - 3/2014
Old 01-23-2013, 03:47 AM   #118
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I don't remember the exact numver but it was the 14th and 15th floor. It ended with 30. We were looking more towards the lake but when you stepped out and looked right you still had a great view just not a direct view. I know my bil wanted a slightly better one but this room was ready at 9am so how could we argue.

We still had a great time and it was wonderful
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
Old 01-23-2013, 04:22 AM   #119
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
I don't remember the exact numver but it was the 14th and 15th floor. It ended with 30. We were looking more towards the lake but when you stepped out and looked right you still had a great view just not a direct view. I know my bil wanted a slightly better one but this room was ready at 9am so how could we argue.

We still had a great time and it was wonderful
Welcome!

Tinkgurl: According to Work2Play's BLT room view/number thread, the MK Grand Villas end in even numbers from 16-30. There is a chart on the first page of her site that's linked to on the BLT/first page of the thread and six posts above.

Glad you had a nice time. Did anyone get lost in the GV, dona?!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:10 AM   #120
tinkgurl

Thanks everyone! Even if we don't end up with a MK view room, we will still have a great time. Just thought it never hurts to ask!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: