Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
wehavesix
Yes, I really have 6 kids
Yes, I'm crazy but in a good way
One minute I was walking along and the next I was falling

Anybody on the Fantasy this week?

My brother in law had a heart attack last night and is now in surgery in Cozumel. He and my sister were celebrating their 25th anniversary this week. Obviously, we are all very worried. Especially since we are all at home and they are so far away. We are just wondering where the ship is now. Did they rearrange the itinerary to make today a day in Cozumel or did they head on to Grand Cayman?
Old 01-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
Disney Legend
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehavesix View Post
My brother in law had a heart attack last night and is now in surgery in Cozumel. He and my sister were celebrating their 25th anniversary this week. Obviously, we are all very worried. Especially since we are all at home and they are so far away. We are just wondering where the ship is now. Did they rearrange the itinerary to make today a day in Cozumel or did they head on to Grand Cayman?
Oh my gosh. Prayers for your BIL.
Disney Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #3
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh...so sorry! I hope you hear good news soon.
"Cinder" Ella's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #4
LBrandy
Earning My Ears

Sending good wishes your way,praying for a good out come !
LBrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #5
IndigoMickey
Mouseketeer

. . . praying for a good outcome.

Anni
IndigoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #6
wehavesix

Sis called. The procedure worked and he is recovering. Hoping they can come home in a couple of days. Maybe even tomorrow. My sister can't say enough how much she appreciates the care given by the medical staff on board the Fantasy. They literally saved his life. She also said that Disney made sure she had someone with her to act as an interpreter and to assist her with securing hotel accommodations, etc. This has been a stressful event, to say the least! Thanks for your positive thoughts and prayers for my BIL's recovery. And kudos to DCL for taking care of my little sister!
Old 01-21-2013, 02:30 PM   #7
IndigoMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehavesix View Post
Sis called. The procedure worked and he is recovering. Hoping they can come home in a couple of days. Maybe even tomorrow. My sister can't say enough how much she appreciates the care given by the medical staff on board the Fantasy. They literally saved his life. She also said that Disney made sure she had someone with her to act as an interpreter and to assist her with securing hotel accommodations, etc. This has been a stressful event, to say the least! Thanks for your positive thoughts and prayers for my BIL's recovery. And kudos to DCL for taking care of my little sister!
Thanks for the great news update!

Anni
IndigoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #8
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

So glad to hear the positive outcome and that DCL was awesome and gave comfort to your sister!!

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy & 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I) Next: 12/2014 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #9
Weedy
DIS Veteran

When things settle down will you answer a question? Did they have passports? If not how was it handled?
Weedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #10
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Glad he's doing better. Please keep us posted as to how they're making arrangements to get him home, whether a travel agent is involved, or trip insurance.

Hope this doesn't sound nosey -- it's every cruiser's worst nightmare so it would be helpful to know how things work out.

DH had a gall bladder attack just as we were getting off a cruise. But we were already state-side, and a gall bladder is nothing compared to a heart attack.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #11
Skg11576
Earning My Ears

Glad your BIL is going to be OK. We were unable to dock at Cozumel so we had an other day at sea and are heading to the Caymans now.then we will head back to Cozumel and then to CC. We will be missing Cota Maya.
Skg11576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #12
wehavesix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy
When things settle down will you answer a question? Did they have passports? If not how was it handled?
Yes, they have passports. Personally, I would not risk going without one. A few years ago I broke my leg while on vacation. Although we were in the US when it happened, it made me think about what would happen if an accident or illness cut an overseas trip short. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it!
Old 01-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #13
wehavesix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ
Glad he's doing better. Please keep us posted as to how they're making arrangements to get him home, whether a travel agent is involved, or trip insurance.

Hope this doesn't sound nosey -- it's every cruiser's worst nightmare so it would be helpful to know how things work out.

DH had a gall bladder attack just as we were getting off a cruise. But we were already state-side, and a gall bladder is nothing compared to a heart attack.
I'll have to get more details later but I can tell you that my sister said Disney was taking care of her. I think they assigned a person to assist her and to act as an interpreter. I believe they assisted her with making hotel arrangements but I don't think any flight arrangements can be made yet. I know she uses a travel agency to book her cruises but have no idea if they know anything about this turn of events. She MAY have trip insurance but more than likely she doesn't. I'll ask her about it once they are back home.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:21 PM   #14
SleepyDeb
Mouseketeer

I'm on the Fantasy too. Glad to hear he is doing better, Far more important that he be taking care of then we go to Costa Maya. I would have liked Disney to do the same if it had been my husband. Thoughts with them.
SleepyDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:37 AM   #15
poohmomof5
DIS Veteran

How scary! Thank goodness he is okay! Hope they can come home soon!

21 day trip report LIVE from Amtrak, Disneyland & EB Repo through the Panama Canal!
poohmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: