Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #2326
tinkerbellybutton
DIS Veteran

Can anyone tell me if the slide at the WL pool recently went under refurb? Another site has it listed as under refurb until Jan. 18th, but I know how these things go sometimes. Pool slide refurbs often get pushed back for more important things. We will be there from Feb. 9 - 15 and I am hoping the slide (and any other pool refurbs) are complete before we go.

Up Next:????
Resorts we've stayed in: ASMox3, ASSp., ASMu, PC, CBRx3, CSR, PORx2, POFQ, WLx6, Poly, BC, YC, BWV, AKL(Jambo)x2, AKL (Kidani), SSR, OKW, SOGx2, Swan, Vero Beach!
Old 01-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #2327
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
Can anyone tell me if the slide at the WL pool recently went under refurb? Another site has it listed as under refurb until Jan. 18th, but I know how these things go sometimes. Pool slide refurbs often get pushed back for more important things. We will be there from Feb. 9 - 15 and I am hoping the slide (and any other pool refurbs) are complete before we go.
They closed it while we were there on Jan 6. It was expected to be closed until the end of the month. Guests were told that they could use the pool and slide at the Contemporary Resort (but not BLT).

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #2328
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Just so others know, the Deluxe room (or suites) haven't been available with the Military or AP rate at WL, at least for the past several years. It has, however, been available at both BWI and BC. (I've booked them there, but, ummm, changed.) Hopefully, a bigger discount will come out for you.

I've been watching that darn WL Deluxe room for discounts for years now. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. So glad pas got 5% off - but that's still not enough of a discount for my pocket book!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 01-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #2329
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Six months from today we will be walking into our beloved WL! For some reason, all of a sudden we are sooooo excited!

Kook I have a question.... When staying CL, do you make your own dining ressies or do you let IPO handle it? We only need three; Be Our Guest for dinner, Cape May Cafe and Via Napoli. The rest of the time we'll wing it like always!

If I email IPO today, what is the chance they'll make the Be Our Guest ressie early enough to get us a table?

Thank you!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 01-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #2330
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
It looked like they were just doing a two bedroom lockoff on the fourth floor. Carpet outside the villas in that section was replaced, wallpaper in the corridor was replaced, corridor in the area was repainted (but paint was about the same). The two villas were pretty much gutted with laminate flooring put down to replace carpet in the villas.

Not sure if it was just a trial to show someone what it would look like or what.

The current carpet in the corridor.

The new carpet in the corridor.

The area right outside the renovated villas.

Inside the one bedroom villa under renovation.

Current wallpaper in the corridor.

New wallpaper in the corridor outside the two renovated villas. It looks like a feather pattern.
Thanks so much for posting those photos. I wonder if those villas will be model rooms or if it's the start of a VWL room rehab? You're the DVC expert, have you heard any rumors? I know many have asked about a VWL rehab as the villas haven't had one in many years. Maybe they'll even get rid of the bedspreads soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by awatt View Post
Are the noisy because of Whispering Canyon? I think I would like this location opening up onto the lobby but want to be able to sleep, relax etx.
Those who have stayed in them have generally reported that they weren't bothered by any WCC noise. I don't think it will be an issue at all for you, but I've personally never stayed in one nor have I ever had a room lower than the 5th floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
I've been watching that darn WL Deluxe room for discounts for years now. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. So glad pas got 5% off - but that's still not enough of a discount for my pocket book!
On principle, I won't book without at least a 20% discount. I had to book five nights of our spring break trip at only 20% off and it pains me. I've been very spoiled by 40% off and I look at it as a challenge to get a great WDW discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Six months from today we will be walking into our beloved WL! For some reason, all of a sudden we are sooooo excited!

Kook I have a question.... When staying CL, do you make your own dining ressies or do you let IPO handle it? We only need three; Be Our Guest for dinner, Cape May Cafe and Via Napoli. The rest of the time we'll wing it like always!

If I email IPO today, what is the chance they'll make the Be Our Guest ressie early enough to get us a table?

Thank you!

I never have the IPO make ADRs, but, in the case of BOG, I would defintely have them do it - I'm sure they'll get it for you and then you won't have to worry about making it - email them now
Old 01-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #2331
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Thank you!!!!!

I just emailed them (and introduced ourselves as well). I already received the 'you'll hear from us within 24 hours' response so that'll be in plenty of timemformthe Tuesday morning reservation making time!

You are awesome, Kook!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 01-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #2332
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Thanks so much for posting those photos. I wonder if those villas will be model rooms or if it's the start of a VWL room rehab? You're the DVC expert, have you heard any rumors? I know many have asked about a VWL rehab as the villas haven't had one in many years. Maybe they'll even get rid of the bedspreads soon!
I can't remember where I read it, but I thought I heard VWL was next up for a reno. I was very excited about this, because after staying at AKL, the rooms at VWL were a little bit older (still love it there though).

Also, according to the last DVC annual meeting, all of the bedspreads are being replaced with the 3-sheet thing, or whatever you call that. *disclaimer: I am no Martha Stuart!
Old 01-20-2013, 04:50 PM   #2333
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:

On principle, I won't book without at least a 20% discount. I had to book five nights of our spring break trip at only 20% off and it pains me. I've been very spoiled by 40% off and I look at it as a challenge to get a great WDW discount

Oh heck yeah me too! I'm not even sure I'd book with only 20% off - I'd probably go mod if that was the case. I've been really really lucky to snag 35-40% off AP rates the last few years, and prior to that I traveled with a CM (now a former CM) and she got the BEST room discounts from time to time! Now that spoiled me. We were able to book a 2BR BLT when it first opened for 60% off. Unbelievable. I've also been known to cash in DH's Starwood points for free nights at Swan & Dolphin....shhhhh!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 01-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #2334
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA

Oh heck yeah me too! I'm not even sure I'd book with only 20% off - I'd probably go mod if that was the case. I've been really really lucky to snag 35-40% off AP rates the last few years, and prior to that I traveled with a CM (now a former CM) and she got the BEST room discounts from time to time! Now that spoiled me. We were able to book a 2BR BLT when it first opened for 60% off. Unbelievable. I've also been known to cash in DH's Starwood points for free nights at Swan & Dolphin....shhhhh!
We got a small discount at WLCL this past T'giving, but other than that we haven't had one in years. We are regular people who don't have a lot of flexibility when we travel
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 01-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #2335
Mouse14
Wish I was at the Lodge

How are you able to tell which % you get?

Dates i can remember....
Annual pass holder in Feb 2010

Wilderness lodge- (Feb 4,5,6 2010)(Feb 4,5,6 2011)
Caribbean Beach - (Mar 2010)
Saratoga Springs- (July 2010)
Coronado- (Aug2010)
Offsite for Not so scary Halloween party (Oct 2010)
Allstar Movies for Very Merry Christmas party (Dec2010)

POP for Vey Merry (Dec 2011)
Aulani for honeymoon (Feb 4-11 2012)
Old 01-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #2336
pistachio
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Wow, 60%! Did you receive it in your email?

Wanted to clarify - Deluxe rooms are never discounted? But Club Level can be discounted? TIA

Old 01-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #2337
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Thank you!!!!!

I just emailed them (and introduced ourselves as well). I already received the 'you'll hear from us within 24 hours' response so that'll be in plenty of timemformthe Tuesday morning reservation making time!

You are awesome, Kook!
Awww, thank you

Have you heard back from them yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
I can't remember where I read it, but I thought I heard VWL was next up for a reno. I was very excited about this, because after staying at AKL, the rooms at VWL were a little bit older (still love it there though).

Also, according to the last DVC annual meeting, all of the bedspreads are being replaced with the 3-sheet thing, or whatever you call that. *disclaimer: I am no Martha Stuart!
That would be great news - thanks, Martha

Quote:
Well, spring break discounts for military are blacked-out beginning 3/25 and 3/24 for AP, which is even less of a discount. So the only way I could get any discount at all for 3/25 on is to book a SOG overflow rate which is always 20% off everyday. We'll get one more use out of APs this way (3 visits/about 30 days total) and it's a good excuse to finally give FWC (a Mod.) a try.

I think the key is for all of us to travel with a CM! You need your CM back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
We got a small discount at WLCL this past T'giving, but other than that we haven't had one in years. We are regular people who don't have a lot of flexibility when we travel
So you haven't been able to get any general public discounts at all or AP, Visa, AAA, military, nothing? It might be worth at least joining AAA - I think their discounts average about 20%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse14 View Post
How are you able to tell which % you get?
You only get a discount if either you have a pin code attached to your name or if you ask to apply an eligible discount. You would have to call the WDTC and ask them if you have a pin code of any kind attached to your name (or your spouse's). You would have received an email or postcard (do they still do those?) from Disney Destinations regarding an offer. If you know of a public offer you're eligible for, such as AAA, Disney Visa, military, FL resident, Free Dining, etc... then you can ask to see if rooms are available using those eligible offers. You can also compute discounts by comparing the rack rate (full price) that is listed on the WDW booking site, to the quote from the WDTC. The CM should also be able to tell you, but not always.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistachio View Post
Wow, 60%! Did you receive it in your email?

Wanted to clarify - Deluxe rooms are never discounted? But Club Level can be discounted? TIA
She was traveling with a CM - they are eligible for greater room-only rates, but they do vary and the CM must accompany you, I think.

Yes, Deluxe rooms are sometimes discounted. pas130 says she received 5% off using a general public code. However, we've never seen them available with the military or AP discount. I don't know about FL resident or AAA. They have been available with the military and AP rates at BC and BWI.

ETA: Forgot to comment about STD CL rooms: I've always found them to be included, but not the Deluxe or Suites.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 01-21-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #2338
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Oh man! I hope that slide is finished by Feb 22. I switched our stay from the poly so that we'd have a working pool. It would be so sad not to have the slide!!

If anyone is staying there in early feb, please let us know if it's finished!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #2339
holbie18
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
Oh man! I hope that slide is finished by Feb 22. I switched our stay from the poly so that we'd have a working pool. It would be so sad not to have the slide!!

If anyone is staying there in early feb, please let us know if it's finished!
We will be arriving this Saturday. I might not post when we are there, but will surely respond once we return home (Wed. Jan 30th). I have been curious about the slide and pool too.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #2340
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by holbie18 View Post
We will be arriving this Saturday. I might not post when we are there, but will surely respond once we return home (Wed. Jan 30th). I have been curious about the slide and pool too.
Thank you!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: