Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 10:35 AM   #91
lsyorke
DIS Veteran
Owner of squeeky bras

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinsMommy View Post

2. Is there any kiosk or CS place anywhere in the hotel where he'll be able to get a fresh made-to-order burger/chicken fingers/fries type food? He's ultra picky and everything has to be plain-nothing on it.
LOL! DS(24) says the cafe contempo is his favorite place to eat.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #92
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Thank you!! He was hoping to find a midnite+ bar to go to after we're all asleep.
I tried to increase the size of the beer photo I have posted in the Fantasia Market section of the first page and I think the 6-pack of beer is either $13 or $15. I know that Garden Grocer has a minimum $40 purchase requirement and also a $12 delivery fee, plus optional tip.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #93
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

You are awesome, thank you!! I didn't know about the minimum part. Pretty sure (or hoping) he doesn't want to buy $40 worth of beer. LOL
Me: Debi DH: John DD: Erin/7
Old 01-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #94
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
You are awesome, thank you!! I didn't know about the minimum part. Pretty sure (or hoping) he doesn't want to buy $40 worth of beer. LOL
You're welcome

$40 for beer doesn't go that far at WDW. Have you considered Club Level? Unlimited adult beverages are included and can be stored in your room fridge - just sayin'
Old 01-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #95
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
You're welcome

$40 for beer doesn't go that far at WDW. Have you considered Club Level? Unlimited adult beverages are included and can be stored in your room fridge - just sayin'
If I told my husband this we'd stay club level every time. We were reading about dinner shows for my oldest DS' birthday trip and he saw beer and wine was included and now just wants to keep going back to the shows! Can you see my eyes rolling over the computer?!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
Old 01-20-2013, 07:29 PM   #96
Jenny1985
Mouseketeer

Does the Contemp have any viewing stations for MK's fireworks?
Old 01-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #97
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Outside on the North end of the Grand Canyon Concourse. Benches are set up, a very nice place to watch the fireworks from.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
Old 01-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #98
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You're welcomeHave you considered Club Level? Unlimited adult beverages are included and can be stored in your room fridge - just sayin'
I wish I could've afforded CL but being I paid this off myself as a surprise for DH instead of taking it from our vacation fund, it just wasn't within my reach to do. Fortunately we don't drink that much beer/drinks and we're on the DxDP, so we're perfectly happy with our Deluxe TPV stay..its our first.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #99
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Why thank you, Amanda. CR really does have a fascinating history and has really evolved throughout the years. Those "southwestern-themed" years weren't its best, but they really made up for that with the last full rehab. I love the soft, Asian-inspired decor. I am a bit worried about the current soft rehab. Hope it's tasteful and seamless. Maybe babyberger will get the elusive photos for us next month - no pressure
I'm very interested about the soft rehab as well. Very anxious for more info and pics!!

I'm also thinking of booking the Pirates and Pals fireworks voyage (or whatever it's called ) for our Dec. trip. Anyone ever done this before?
Old 01-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #100
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I'm also thinking of booking the Pirates and Pals fireworks voyage (or whatever it's called ) for our Dec. trip. Anyone ever done this before?
We're doing it for DD in 3 weeks from today. She's SO excited!!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #101
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
If I told my husband this we'd stay club level every time. We were reading about dinner shows for my oldest DS' birthday trip and he saw beer and wine was included and now just wants to keep going back to the shows! Can you see my eyes rolling over the computer?!
HOOP-DEE-DOO... HOOP-DEE-DOO (Everyone sing along!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny1985 View Post
Does the Contemp have any viewing stations for MK's fireworks?
Yes, this is from the first page HERE:

WISHES NIGHTLY MK FIREWORKS last about 12 minutes. Preferred CR/BLT viewing locations:

~Magic Kingdom/Theme Park View Tower rooms/balconies.

~BLT Magic Kingdom/Theme Park View rooms/balconies and some Bay Lake View rooms on the north side.

~The beach.

~California Grill restaurant and observation deck (exclusively for guests with same-day reservations only).

~Fourth floor observation deck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post
Outside on the North end of the Grand Canyon Concourse. Benches are set up, a very nice place to watch the fireworks from.
That's a great spot and it's also fun to go there during the day when it's usually empty and watch the monorail and lookout at Seven Seas Lagoon and the MK. I love that you still call it by its original name the Grand Canyon Concourse. Disney just calls it the 4th floor now

Quote:
I wish I could've afforded CL but being I paid this off myself as a surprise for DH instead of taking it from our vacation fund, it just wasn't within my reach to do. Fortunately we don't drink that much beer/drinks and we're on the DxDP, so we're perfectly happy with our Deluxe TPV stay..its our first.
What a great surprise for DH!

Quote:
We're doing it for DD in 3 weeks from today. She's SO excited!!
I'd love to hear your review of it. I've seen it several times and it looks like lots of fun, but I've wondered if it's appropriate for teens and adults or if it's intended audience are kids
Old 01-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #102
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

Definitely will post our review. DH is almost as excited as DD, although he won't admit it.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #103
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I love that you still call it by its original name the Grand Canyon Concourse. Disney just calls it the 4th floor now
I love that too. I didn't realize Disney stopped calling it that. It'll always be the Grand Canyon Concourse to me. I remember being totally awestruck by it the first time I stayed at CR way back in 1974.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #104
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Definitely will post our review. DH is almost as excited as DD, although he won't admit it.
That's so cute. Looking forward to your review - and some photos, perhaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
I love that too. I didn't realize Disney stopped calling it that. It'll always be the Grand Canyon Concourse to me. I remember being totally awestruck by it the first time I stayed at CR way back in 1974.
Oooo, do you have "vintage" CR photos?

On the CR/BLT map they give you it's now referred to as the 4th floor. I did find it on this post-Contempo Cafe map that's posted between BVG and the doors to the Skybridge:

Old 01-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #105
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I'm very interested about the soft rehab as well. Very anxious for more info and pics!!

We did the Pirates and Pals fireworks voyage back in 2010 and it was great! I haven't heard of any changes to it so it should still be great. I think Reid would really enjoy

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: