Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 08:50 AM   #151
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddixon1 View Post
Jambo everyone!
We just returned from a wonderful (first-time) stay at Jambo House for Marathon weekend. We fell in love with this resort. We had a standard view that offered a partial Savannah view. It was terrific. It was DS7's first visit to WDW. We packed in way too many activities, and did not allow nearly enough down time. I felt the need to return, so that we could spend more time at the hotel.
Soooo... Just rented DVC points for a Savannah Studio for 04-08 December 2013! Couldn't resist the $1200 savings! I'm nervous about renting points, but have read good reviews of David's DVC process.
I have researched, but cannot get a clear idea of what is actually in the studio? Is the coffee maker the same pod type as the main resort rooms? If not, do I need to bring my own filters/coffee? Are the same toiletries (Disney H2O) included? Dish soap? Glasses/plates/bowls/cups? Can I order Mousekeeping as an additional service?
Thanks for all of your answers! I seem to have been hopelessly smitten by AKL/AKV!
...don't say that we didn't warn ya... ....but srsly, so glad that you had a wonderful time. Just curious, what 'arm' were you in - was it Ostrich Trail or Giraffe Trail, and what room, if I may be so bold as to ask.....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #152
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
...you must be related to my DH....
Possibly!

We just never really have had the money in advance, and it's come up, and DH has been like, let's go! Last year, he tried to book it literally, 4 weeks in advance.

I panicked. (long story. Short of it is, I work taking care of my mom, who's in a wheelchair. That amount of time wouldn't have flown to figure out an alternative!!

So this time, I've been stalking this, and every other thread. Great information here, finding out so much by seeing everyone else's questions answered.

To stay on topic.... (because I'm SO GOOD at derailing.....) there's a sort of lounge/room that's open to any AKL visitor, somewhere, isn't there?
I remember seeing pictures of it.. maybe its time to reread post #1 for me. I'd like to check it out this trip, we never do much in-resort, except for visit Victoria Falls.
That, and maybe the resort movie. But I'm thinking a lapu-lapu says I should migrate to Poly for that one...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #153
kimmar067

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
To stay on topic.... (because I'm SO GOOD at derailing.....) there's a sort of lounge/room that's open to any AKL visitor, somewhere, isn't there?
I remember seeing pictures of it.. maybe its time to reread post #1 for me.....
....aren't we ALL? [...and, good advice that you just gave yourself.... ]
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #154
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

On ME - 30 minutes to AKL

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

Old 01-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #155
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone --- Anyone remember what night which soups are served at Boma? Trying to schedule my ADRs and love the carrot ginger soup, but know it's only offered certain nights. Anyone know where to look to find a list?
Old 01-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #156
ddixon1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
...don't say that we didn't warn ya... ....but srsly, so glad that you had a wonderful time. Just curious, what 'arm' were you in - was it Ostrich Trail or Giraffe Trail, and what room, if I may be so bold as to ask.....
We were Zebra Trail, Room 4576. Loved it! Got some amazing shots of the sunrise over the Savannah. I'll write more about it after I get my act together...

Now, back to my questions:

I have researched, but cannot get a clear idea of what is actually in the [AKV] studio [rented DVC points]? Is the coffee maker the same pod type as the main resort rooms? If not, do I need to bring my own filters/coffee? Are the same toiletries (Disney H2O) included? Dish soap? Glasses/plates/bowls/cups? Can I order Mousekeeping as an additional service?

Thanks millions! And those Zebra Domes are seriously addicting. Loved the tip about bringing to room temp. We all loved them.
Disney Half Marathon (POR), January 2000; Explorer of the Seas, July 2009; Oasis of the Seas, May 2011; Magic 2-night getaway from NYC, July 2012; Magic 5-night Canadian from NYC, August 2012; Animal Kingdom Lodge, January 2013; Dream 4-night to Bahamas, January 2013; Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo Studio), August 2013, December 2013
Old 01-21-2013, 11:24 AM   #157
jwgm2012
Geaux Saints!

Need some help... We're looking at renting some DVC points to get a 2 bdrm value villa for the week of June 10-14.

Can I get some clarification on the difference between a value versus a standard level villa? Is it just the view?

We're a family of 6 so from all the research I've done it looks like a 2 bdrm value is more economical than going with 2 standard rooms.

Thanks for your help.

gina

June 2012 - Our First Semi-Blended Family Trip - CSR
December 2012 - DBF and I's First Ever Disney Christmas
June 2013 - Celebrating DD's 15th Birthday - OKW
November 2014 - DBF and I Celebrating My Big 4-0 at AULANI!!
Old 01-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #158
kimmar067

Quote:
We were Zebra Trail, Room 4576. Loved it! Got some amazing shots of the sunrise over the Savannah. I'll write more about it after I get my act together...
....thought you said STANDARD ROOM....Zebra Trail doesn't have any std rooms...
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #159
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwgm2012 View Post
Need some help... We're looking at renting some DVC points to get a 2 bdrm value villa for the week of June 10-14.

Can I get some clarification on the difference between a value versus a standard level villa? Is it just the view?

We're a family of 6 so from all the research I've done it looks like a 2 bdrm value is more economical than going with 2 standard rooms.

Thanks for your help.

gina
Not sure if this will help, but here goes! Value is a smaller villa. They are located on Ostrich and Giraffe Trail -- some are savannah view; some are pool view (I've had both! ); not sure if there are any parking lot view in the "Value" villas. (Values are only at Jambo House; none at Kidani.) Now having told you that - they are very difficult to book since there aren't many. They often book up at 11 months out.

Standard Villa at Jambo is slightly larger and could be a pool view (which I've had); not sure if there are parking lot views or not. A Standard Villa at Kidani will give you lots of space.

Renting DVC points will almost always save you $$$$ over booking a Villa or regular room through Disney.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #160
jwgm2012
Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Not sure if this will help, but here goes! Value is a smaller villa. They are located on Ostrich and Giraffe Trail -- some are savannah view; some are pool view (I've had both! ); not sure if there are any parking lot view in the "Value" villas. (Values are only at Jambo House; none at Kidani.) Now having told you that - they are very difficult to book since there aren't many. They often book up at 11 months out.

Standard Villa at Jambo is slightly larger and could be a pool view (which I've had); not sure if there are parking lot views or not. A Standard Villa at Kidani will give you lots of space.

Renting DVC points will almost always save you $$$$ over booking a Villa or regular room through Disney.
Rachel! Thanks so much for this info! This is a huge help and yes, you're right - either way, renting DVC points seems to be the best way to save some $$$ when going with larger rooms. I'm hopeful we'll be submitting our request for a room sometime today or tomorrow so keeping fingers crossed something pans out or it's on to plan B.

thanks again!

June 2012 - Our First Semi-Blended Family Trip - CSR
December 2012 - DBF and I's First Ever Disney Christmas
June 2013 - Celebrating DD's 15th Birthday - OKW
November 2014 - DBF and I Celebrating My Big 4-0 at AULANI!!
Old 01-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #161
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwgm2012 View Post
Rachel! Thanks so much for this info! This is a huge help and yes, you're right - either way, renting DVC points seems to be the best way to save some $$$ when going with larger rooms. I'm hopeful we'll be submitting our request for a room sometime today or tomorrow so keeping fingers crossed something pans out or it's on to plan B.

thanks again!
My pleasure! Good luck with the reservations! Come back and let us know what you were able to book - and of course, we'll be happy to answer any other questions you might have!

Old 01-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #162
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Jambo everyone!
We just returned from a wonderful (first-time) stay at Jambo House for Marathon weekend. We fell in love with this resort. We had a standard view that offered a partial Savannah view. It was terrific. It was DS7's first visit to WDW. We packed in way too many activities, and did not allow nearly enough down time. I felt the need to return, so that we could spend more time at the hotel.
Soooo... Just rented DVC points for a Savannah Studio for 04-08 December 2013! Couldn't resist the $1200 savings! I'm nervous about renting points, but have read good reviews of David's DVC process.
I have researched, but cannot get a clear idea of what is actually in the studio? Is the coffee maker the same pod type as the main resort rooms? If not, do I need to bring my own filters/coffee? Are the same toiletries (Disney H2O) included? Dish soap? Glasses/plates/bowls/cups? Can I order Mousekeeping as an additional service?
Thanks for all of your answers! I seem to have been hopelessly smitten by AKL/AKV!
As of September they were not pod coffee machines so unless that's recently changed you'll need to bring filters and extra coffee.

Disney H20 - yes, but they're quite small and since there is not daily mouse keeping you won't get the refills like usual.

You can get daily mousekeeping but its either $30-$35 a day.

Dish soap - yes

Cups/mugs - yes

Plates/ bowls - yes, but they're paper

There is a microwave, toaster, and good sized mini fridge as well.

Glad you had a wonderful trip!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 01-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #163
ddixon1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
....thought you said STANDARD ROOM....Zebra Trail doesn't have any std rooms...
Hmmm, well I was told that it was a standard view room, and it is listed as a standard view room on my receipt? (We originally had a pool view room, but I requested an upgrade to a Savannah view, but balked at the $950+ price difference. This room resulted in a CREDIT to our room account, which was awesome!) I was told that it was one of the rooms that had been re-classified to standard, e.g., now listed as a partial-savannah view. It had a strange looking pen just below the balcony -- no animals were ever in it, and it jutted out a bit into the savannah space. We would see animals led each morning/evening into/out of the space (by someone blowing into a whistle). It was definitely Zebra trail, but right in the nook. Sorry for any confusion!
Disney Half Marathon (POR), January 2000; Explorer of the Seas, July 2009; Oasis of the Seas, May 2011; Magic 2-night getaway from NYC, July 2012; Magic 5-night Canadian from NYC, August 2012; Animal Kingdom Lodge, January 2013; Dream 4-night to Bahamas, January 2013; Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo Studio), August 2013, December 2013
Old 01-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #164
ddixon1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
As of September they were not pod coffee machines so unless that's recently changed you'll need to bring filters and extra coffee.

Disney H20 - yes, but they're quite small and since there is not daily mouse keeping you won't get the refills like usual.

You can get daily mousekeeping but its either $30-$35 a day.

Dish soap - yes

Cups/mugs - yes

Plates/ bowls - yes, but they're paper

There is a microwave, toaster, and good sized mini fridge as well.

Glad you had a wonderful trip!
Thanks millions! I am really obsessing over this return trip. And zebra domes! Now, I really should log off of the disboards, and go back to work. Well, maybe after one more read... I'm curious about if there are Christmas decorations/a Christmas tree, and if there are ornaments for sale in the gift shops during the first week of December?
Old 01-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #165
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Thanks millions! I am really obsessing over this return trip. And zebra domes! Now, I really should log off of the disboards, and go back to work. Well, maybe after one more read... I'm curious about if there are Christmas decorations/a Christmas tree, and if there are ornaments for sale in the gift shops during the first week of December?
I understand completely.

Yes the decorations and tree will be up the first week of December. Not sure about the ornaments, they were available to buy at OKW this past December. There's always the Christmas shop at DTD too. Oh, and the one at MK. I'm probably missing others.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: