Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #16
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Dis4Me
I am sailing on the Dream in a few weeks, I will post my findings. My DD would love some GF crab cakes! Oh, it looks like you are cruising around the same time that I am - any information I get probably won't help you much
Please still post because I'm gluten free too and would love an update
Old 01-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #17
TrixieM
Earning My Ears

Me too!

My daughter and I both have celiac disease and we would appreciate any updates. I'm wondering about room service. It looks likes most of the breakfast and snack options would have gluten. Any gluten free chocolate chips for room service? Thanks a bunch!
TrixieM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #18
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

We sailed on the Dream, and they made me GF crab cakes on pirate night. I thought they were very good, but my husband didn't think they were great (because he was enjoying his gluten-filled version). They did not have a crust of any kind on them, and they were larger than my husband's version--I wondered if they needed more meat to help hold them together. I really enjoyed it.

They can't do everything gluten free, but they will do their best. Our first night at dinner was slow because of the accommodations, but from then on, I was given the menu for the next night and asked for my order. For nights 2-4, they had my meal ready quickly because they knew what I wanted ahead of time.

It was very good!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #19
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post
We sailed on the Dream, and they made me GF crab cakes on pirate night. I thought they were very good, but my husband didn't think they were great (because he was enjoying his gluten-filled version). They did not have a crust of any kind on them, and they were larger than my husband's version--I wondered if they needed more meat to help hold them together. I really enjoyed it.

They can't do everything gluten free, but they will do their best. Our first night at dinner was slow because of the accommodations, but from then on, I was given the menu for the next night and asked for my order. For nights 2-4, they had my meal ready quickly because they knew what I wanted ahead of time.

It was very good!
Yummy! Can't wait!

Kimbo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:01 AM   #20
natmom
Mouseketeer

Yes, any info on gluten free would be appreciated! My daughter and I are both celiac and this is our first cruise. I'm feeling anxious about having enough to eat when we are hungry. Room service? Was it an option? What about snacks in the kids club? What about castaway cay? Did you take a lot of gf snacks on board?
natmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:07 AM   #21
123Dis4Me
Mouseketeer

For room service, we only ordered the sail away cheese platter. It had cheese, some fruit, and glutenous crackers - but they were prepackaged so we didn't mind. I brought gf protein/snack bars just in case. We really only used these in Nassau when we went to Atlantis. As for Castaway Cay, we preordered our meal with our head server. He gave us a time to meet him at Cookies. He brought out so much food for us it was unbelievable! So, there were no troubles there!

I don't know anything about the kids club. I have heard more recently that you can get GF pizza on deck which will be awesome! We never asked about this on our last cruise, but we will this time. I believe that the ice cream on deck was all gluten free so that was always a snack option.
123Dis4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #22
mmsmom
Mouseketeer

You can definitely order gf pizza by the pool. Also, ask your servers or head server about gf cookies. They gave us several gf chocolate chip cookie packages that we could then carry with us on excursions, Castaway Cay, and have in the room. For the kids' clubs they cannot do the cooking activities.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:27 AM   #23
123Dis4Me
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
You can definitely order gf pizza by the pool. Also, ask your servers or head server about gf cookies. They gave us several gf chocolate chip cookie packages that we could then carry with us on excursions, Castaway Cay, and have in the room. For the kids' clubs they cannot do the cooking activities.
That is great! Thanks.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:35 AM   #24
natmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Dis4Me View Post
For room service, we only ordered the sail away cheese platter. It had cheese, some fruit, and glutenous crackers - but they were prepackaged so we didn't mind. I brought gf protein/snack bars just in case. We really only used these in Nassau when we went to Atlantis. As for Castaway Cay, we preordered our meal with our head server. He gave us a time to meet him at Cookies. He brought out so much food for us it was unbelievable! So, there were no troubles there!

I don't know anything about the kids club. I have heard more recently that you can get GF pizza on deck which will be awesome! We never asked about this on our last cruise, but we will this time. I believe that the ice cream on deck was all gluten free so that was always a snack option.

Great! Thanks for all the info.
natmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:22 AM   #25
IngridRalph
Mouseketeer

When you get on board the first day. Go to the restaurant serving the buffet. Ask to preorder your meal for the first nights dinner. They will give you the menu and you can preorder your GF dinner for the first night. This will allow you to eat safetly the first night and not hold up your meal. After that they bring you the menu for the next night every night as you are finishing so you can preorder then.
IngridRalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #26
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IngridRalph View Post
When you get on board the first day. Go to the restaurant serving the buffet. Ask to preorder your meal for the first nights dinner. They will give you the menu and you can preorder your GF dinner for the first night. This will allow you to eat safetly the first night and not hold up your meal. After that they bring you the menu for the next night every night as you are finishing so you can preorder then.
In our case, would that be Parrot Cay, since we're on the Magic?

Old 01-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #27
123Dis4Me
Mouseketeer

When we got on the Dream we went to the Enchanted Garden for lunch after boarding. This is where we did our preordering for the first night's dinner.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:46 AM   #28
nzkiwi
Earning My Ears

Wink We'll be on the same ship and have 2 GF people in our party!

We can't wait! Have you talked to reservations about your diet? Our travel agent flagged us, but I still want to call and speak to somebody. My DS is 10 and GF and steak tips are his favorite food while I am GF and mostly vegetarian; we generally don't like the same foods. Glad to know there will be other people on the ship following the GF diet!
nzkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:49 AM   #29
123Dis4Me
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzkiwi View Post
We can't wait! Have you talked to reservations about your diet? Our travel agent flagged us, but I still want to call and speak to somebody. My DS is 10 and GF and steak tips are his favorite food while I am GF and mostly vegetarian; we generally don't like the same foods. Glad to know there will be other people on the ship following the GF diet!
Which cruise?
Old 01-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #30
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzkiwi View Post
Are you on our cruise?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: