Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 11:21 PM   #16
DisSarahK
Missing Mickey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by buglady11 View Post
I can sympathize with the pp. This is our first cruise and I am very relieved that my special needs twins (age 11) cannot sign themselves out of the club. I am wondering... If I don't take them to the Edge, will they find out about that place from others? I am sure my ds would love the video game area (EDge right?) but he gets "stuck" so easily that I could see fits if he found out that was a "choice" for him. My 11 year olds are about at the level of 6/7 for common sense. I would love to have a rule follower but...
It just really depends on the knowledge level of the children they hang out with in the Club/Lab. Some of the children will have no idea the Lab exists and some will know all about it due to older siblings.

DisSarahK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #17
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buglady11 View Post
I can sympathize with the pp. This is our first cruise and I am very relieved that my special needs twins (age 11) cannot sign themselves out of the club. I am wondering... If I don't take them to the Edge, will they find out about that place from others? I am sure my ds would love the video game area (EDge right?) but he gets "stuck" so easily that I could see fits if he found out that was a "choice" for him. My 11 year olds are about at the level of 6/7 for common sense. I would love to have a rule follower but...
I can't guarantee they won't hear about it onboard, but I'd think it's rather unlikely. A CM might ask a more "mature" 11 year old if he/she has checked out Edge - especially if that child doesn't seem to be enjoying the Club/Lab - but I'd be surprised if they said anything to a child who clearly is approriate maturity level for the Club/Lab. I also don't think your kids would have interaction with the kids who are attending Edge because they just won't be in the same space; usually they have to choose. If by chance your DS does hear about video games (or anything else) at Edge and wants to check it out - you can take him during an Open House time.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 10:16 AM   #18
JnDRader
Mouseketeer

As others have said parents have control of the check out. Last June we let our daughter check out on the 2nd or 3rd day. Tough choice as a parent bu she was miserable in the lab. She thrived being on her own, with friends of course. She kept a wave phone and was constantly letting us know what she was doing and where she was. She was always early to our meeting times too. Every child is different though.

JnDRader is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: