Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #16
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran
 
3princessMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NoVA
Posts: 1,602

Here's what mine look like. I'm making them for FE gifts.

__________________

DHMe DD13 DD11 DD8 Nala Sasha Patches
1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western; 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo Planned: 2015: Fantasy Eastern; Magic Iceland Cruise
3princessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #17
gerberdaisy1234
DIS Veteran
 
gerberdaisy1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,089

This is a picture of the wristlet keychains I made for FE gifts.



Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
gerberdaisy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #18
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran
 
3princessMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NoVA
Posts: 1,602

Cool!!!!

Did you make the ones with ribbon the same way as with the lanyards? Any surprises working with the ribbon vs the lanyard material?

I couldn't believe how easy these were to make! I'm definitely going to make them for every FE from now one - but like you, I figure I'll run out of lanyards quickly.
__________________

DHMe DD13 DD11 DD8 Nala Sasha Patches
1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western; 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo Planned: 2015: Fantasy Eastern; Magic Iceland Cruise
3princessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #19
gerberdaisy1234
DIS Veteran
 
gerberdaisy1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,089

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princessMommy
Cool!!!!

Did you make the ones with ribbon the same way as with the lanyards? Any surprises working with the ribbon vs the lanyard material?

I couldn't believe how easy these were to make! I'm definitely going to make them for every FE from now one - but like you, I figure I'll run out of lanyards quickly.
princessMommy I am so glad you decided to make them. I remember you asking about them after I posted on the Homemade FE thread. You will love everyone's response. Only trouble is I only had enough for one per each couple. So as not to start "fights" I hope to have enough to go around next time. I made a few ribbon ones for children or those that it was their first cruise. I had asked on our Facebook group and our thread for club level. Ribbon did feel as sturdy. Probably could have back with something thicker since it was my her thinner than lanyard. But it was a good way to finish using the hardware I ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
gerberdaisy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #20
DebbieOBX
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerberdaisy1234 View Post
This is a picture of the wristlet keychains I made for FE gifts.



Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
LOVE THEM... OH MY GOSH. lol
DebbieOBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #21
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran
 
3princessMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NoVA
Posts: 1,602

I just sent you a huge THANK YOU on the hand-made thread! What a great creative idea!

I hope you get a lot of lanyards from folks! We have 5-6 people on each cruise who get lanyards, so I think I've got enough for the next several cruises. I've managed to get 4 wristlets from each lanyard. And I've got 20 lanyards left, so hopefully that will be be good enough for at least the next three cruises. We'll have to see after that!

One thing you might consider is checking with the DVC folks to see if they have any extra lanyards on your next cruise. Every DVC member gets several in their cabin when they board. Sometimes the DVC folks are willing to give away extra goodies if they know that you have a good purpose - I mean it is continued advertising for them after all.
__________________

DHMe DD13 DD11 DD8 Nala Sasha Patches
1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western; 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo Planned: 2015: Fantasy Eastern; Magic Iceland Cruise
3princessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #22
DebbieOBX
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princessMommy View Post
Here's what mine look like. I'm making them for FE gifts.


AWESOME...... lol... Its hard work going on a disney cruise.
DebbieOBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #23
cmclaura
How many more days til our next cruise?????
 
cmclaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia area currently
Posts: 846

How do you make these?

I'm currently working on weaving all my lanyards together to make a bag but I might have some extra at the end and would love to make some of these even for ourselves.
__________________
Laura
Sailing with husband Joe and daughter Keighley (21)



YES! We are DVC Members! Since February 2009! Best thing we ever did! WONDER 1/17-20/2008 3 Night Bahamas MAGIC 1/17-24/2009 7 Night Eastern Caribbean MAGIC 1/9-16/2020 7 Night Western Caribbean MAGIC 1/8-15/2011 7 Night Western Caribbean
DREAM 12/20/2011-1/3/2012 5 Night Double Dip New Year’s Eve Bahamas DREAM 1/3-8/2012 5 Night Double Dip Back to Back Bahamas MAGIC 8/5-10/2012 5 Night NYC to Canada DREAM 1/6-10/2013 4 Night Bahamas
DREAM 1/10-13/2013 3 Night Bahamas DVC Member Cruise WDW 10/19-24/2013 Visit with Daughter in Disney College Program FANTASY 2/1-8/2014 7 Night Western Caribbean PLATINUM!!! and GRAND SLAM MEMBERS! NEXT CRUISE is DREAM 1/9/15 3 Night Bahamas and then WONDER 7/6/15 7 Night ALASKA!
cmclaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #24
gerberdaisy1234
DIS Veteran
 
gerberdaisy1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,089

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princessMommy
I just sent you a huge THANK YOU on the hand-made thread! What a great creative idea!

I hope you get a lot of lanyards from folks! We have 5-6 people on each cruise who get lanyards, so I think I've got enough for the next several cruises. I've managed to get 4 wristlets from each lanyard. And I've got 20 lanyards left, so hopefully that will be be good enough for at least the next three cruises. We'll have to see after that!

One thing you might consider is checking with the DVC folks to see if they have any extra lanyards on your next cruise. Every DVC member gets several in their cabin when they board. Sometimes the DVC folks are willing to give away extra goodies if they know that you have a good purpose - I mean it is continued advertising for them after all.
Thank you. I just saw that post

I am excited that more people are making these! I love when we can reuse things. It is even better than recycling!
I mentioned on homemade FE thread that older ones are shorter and you only get three out of those. But they look really nice and are good for any level.
I figure this project is good on several levels- it is reusing something and it is creating magic! Most people don't use their lanyards but people are using their wristlet keychains.
Plus I have a few other ideas of things I can make with these for those that might not use a wristlet keychain.
-pixie dust everywhere-

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
gerberdaisy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #25
gerberdaisy1234
DIS Veteran
 
gerberdaisy1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,089

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmclaura
How do you make these?

I'm currently working on weaving all my lanyards together to make a bag but I might have some extra at the end and would love to make some of these even for ourselves.

I cut the lanyards into strips (12" works nice). Cut complimentary color 7/8" ribbon for back (red looks nice on several styles and I like the satin for against skin. Ironed 7/8" heat-n-bond on back of ribbon. Then ironed ribbon on the back of the lanyard strip. Used either glue square or E6000 to hold two end together to make a loop. I added glue to add durability since the clamp latches into two outer sides. I first tried sewing and had to take a machine apart to clean because of the glue from the heat-n-bond. Don't sew if you use heat-n-bond! Clamped the hardware over the end. Tada!

I got the hardware from eBay Search key fob hardware 1 inch.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Last edited by gerberdaisy1234; 01-21-2013 at 11:11 AM.
gerberdaisy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #26
cmclaura
How many more days til our next cruise?????
 
cmclaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia area currently
Posts: 846

Thank you!!!
__________________
Laura
Sailing with husband Joe and daughter Keighley (21)



YES! We are DVC Members! Since February 2009! Best thing we ever did! WONDER 1/17-20/2008 3 Night Bahamas MAGIC 1/17-24/2009 7 Night Eastern Caribbean MAGIC 1/9-16/2020 7 Night Western Caribbean MAGIC 1/8-15/2011 7 Night Western Caribbean
DREAM 12/20/2011-1/3/2012 5 Night Double Dip New Year’s Eve Bahamas DREAM 1/3-8/2012 5 Night Double Dip Back to Back Bahamas MAGIC 8/5-10/2012 5 Night NYC to Canada DREAM 1/6-10/2013 4 Night Bahamas
DREAM 1/10-13/2013 3 Night Bahamas DVC Member Cruise WDW 10/19-24/2013 Visit with Daughter in Disney College Program FANTASY 2/1-8/2014 7 Night Western Caribbean PLATINUM!!! and GRAND SLAM MEMBERS! NEXT CRUISE is DREAM 1/9/15 3 Night Bahamas and then WONDER 7/6/15 7 Night ALASKA!
cmclaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #27
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran
 
3princessMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NoVA
Posts: 1,602

You can get the hardware and webbing (if you use this instead of ribbon) from Amazon too. I get free shipping from them, so it works out to be cheaper than eBay.
__________________

DHMe DD13 DD11 DD8 Nala Sasha Patches
1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western; 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo Planned: 2015: Fantasy Eastern; Magic Iceland Cruise
3princessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:06 PM   #28
love280mickey
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerberdaisy1234

I cut the lanyards into strips (12" works nice). Cut complimentary color 7/8" ribbon for back (red looks nice on several styles and I like the satin for against skin. Ironed 7/8" heat-n-bond on back of ribbon. Then ironed ribbon on the back of the lanyard strip. Used either glue square or E6000 to hold two end together to make a loop. I added glue to add durability since the clamp latches into two outer sides. I first tried sewing and had to take a machine apart to clean because of the glue from the heat-n-bond. Don't sew if you use heat-n-bond! Clamped the hardware over the end. Tada!

I got the hardware from eBay Search key fob hardware 1 inch.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Do you need any special tools to attach the clamps? Thanks!
__________________
love280mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #29
gerberdaisy1234
DIS Veteran
 
gerberdaisy1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,089

Quote:
Originally Posted by love280mickey

Do you need any special tools to attach the clamps? Thanks!
I just used pliers. I cover with an old t-shirt so I don't scratch metal.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
gerberdaisy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #30
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran
 
3princessMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NoVA
Posts: 1,602

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerberdaisy1234 View Post
I just used pliers. I cover with an old t-shirt so I don't scratch metal.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thanks for that tip! Worked very well!!!
__________________

DHMe DD13 DD11 DD8 Nala Sasha Patches
1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western; 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo Planned: 2015: Fantasy Eastern; Magic Iceland Cruise
3princessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: